Loki! (spoiler thread)

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Only if the TVA exists outside of any reality.
Now if they were plucked from the many fake gauntlets like the one Odin had then you would have a better explanation for their existence.
Personally I'd be more happy if they had sucked them dry first so they were rendered powerless because that power is being used by the TVA in their own version of a Gauntlet except its more like a Power Battery fuelling their abilities and they're keeping quiet about that part...
Interesting theory... but if that's true, then the TVA would need alternate timelines to crop up, not just as a purpose/work to do, but more importantly to keep themselves powered! :eek:

hopeless

Adventurer
Interesting theory... but if that's true, then the TVA would need alternate timelines to crop up, not just as a purpose/work to do, but more importantly to keep themselves powered! :eek:
And would explain their bringing in Loki.
Maybe his powers aren't nullfied merely being drained to support the TVA?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I think one of the issues with "damage already done" is that we have already seen that the current actions leading up to the Avengers beating of Thanos was "enforced" as the proper timeline.
Just using this as an example that several posters are saying.

We have seen nothing that the TVA has done anything of the sort. What we have seen is the TVA taking credit that it picked a "sacred timeline" where that happened. So first we have to believe them, and then it's not something they did. it's something others did and they decided to keep as canon.

If you go to a fanfic fandom on AO3, pick out a bunch of stories that don't conflict with each other you consider your person canon, call it a "sacred timeline". You are still not the author of those stories. And claiming to others not in the know that that is the true and only canon in the fandom is still a lie.

MarkB

Legend
I do wonder whether the Timekeepers are selecting for anything in particular when they determine what is the "Sacred Timeline", or if it's just "any timeline in which people don't set off a bunch of alternate timelines and start a Time War".

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
Unlike the comics, the MCU has aging actors to cope with, which makes it more likely at least some characters will stay dead.
Early on, Kevin Feige would make the comparison to James Bond being replaced periodically, but that's not the direction they've gone...so far.

Stalker0

Legend
Early on, Kevin Feige would make the comparison to James Bond being replaced periodically, but that's not the direction they've gone...so far.

And hopefully for some time. I think that is one of Marvel's strengths in this "world of remakes".... while almost every storyline is a "remake" of a comic story, to their tv/movie audience its all brand new. That is a powerful tool when your competitors are literally making the same thing they made 10 or even 5 years ago.

Once Marvel starts retreading old characters they will lose that, so I would hope they still clear of it as long as its creatively feasible.

Once Marvel starts retreading old characters they will lose that, so I would hope they still clear of it as long as its creatively feasible.

Titles/aliases will stay the same, the characters holding them will change. We have a new Captain America now. And there is a variation of Ironman in Ironheart. We are getting a new Black Widow who is a different person and different name. And so on.

200198691_4141149819265077_115642056169865314_n.jpg

BRayne

Adventurer
I do wonder whether the Timekeepers are selecting for anything in particular when they determine what is the "Sacred Timeline", or if it's just "any timeline in which people don't set off a bunch of alternate timelines and start a Time War".

I'm inclined to think that the one they chose to be the "sacred timeline" is the one that leads to their creation

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads