Loki! (spoiler thread)

MarkB

Legend
Well, if they are from within the multiverse, it would have to, now wouldn't it?
Unless the plot twist turns out to be that the Timekeepers themselves are Variants orphaned from lost timelines, and they took on the job of policing the timeline partially to avoid being policed themselves.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I don't think the TVA is so strong that they can shut down infinity gems. I think that their headquarters is somehow outside of time where the stones and other powers won't work.

Agreed. It is actually quite plausible that infinity stones have no power outside their home reality.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
The TVA sure looks too big to be just propaganda.
Not just propaganda, but the story they tell their membership: a lot of the characters in the first episode that have comic book equivalents are Kang-adjacent, and there were already rumors he would be the next Rhaboa...so, just calling it early:the TVA is all about ensuring the rise of Kang, and keeping him on top with his space lizard front.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Agreed. It is actually quite plausible that infinity stones have no power outside their home reality.
I agree about the drawer of stones. Those probably belonged to the myriad of timelines that were combined into the primary. I was more thinking of the tesseract which has a stone from the primary timeline and Loki's inability to use his own powers. That combination is what makes me think that they are outside of time.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That combination is what makes me think that they are outside of time.

I think that was established when Loki asked how long Mobius had worked there, and Mobius answered that it was hard to tell, because time worked differently in the TVA, rather established that fact.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads