• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Loki! (spoiler thread)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
At the scene at the end, I noticed several "floors" with different letters. My assumption was that this represented different versions of the TVA stacked on top of each other.... but I'll have to go back to the first episode as maybe it was always designed that way.

There have always been multiple floors. They've been showing us the elvator with all its buttons with those letter combinations all along in every credits sequence.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I don't even know who Kang is.....did they even say "Kang" yesterday? (note, they may have, the sound was down low at home, and my remote doesn't work for the stereo, and I was too lazy to turn it up or admit to my wife I couldn't hear it all.....)

No, but the final statue in the alternate TVA was Kang's costume. And, we have been told this actor will be playing Kang in the movies.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I don't even know who Kang is.....did they even say "Kang" yesterday? (note, they may have, the sound was down low at home, and my remote doesn't work for the stereo, and I was too lazy to turn it up or admit to my wife I couldn't hear it all.....)
Nathaniel Richards [a descendent of Mr. Fantastic and possible Dr. Doom, apparently], A.K.A. Kang the Conqueror, A.K.A Iron Lad, A.K.A Immortus, A.K.A. the Scarlet Centurion, A.K.A. Pharaoh Rama-Tut is a man of many hats.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
No, but the final statue in the alternate TVA was Kang's costume. And, we have been told this actor will be playing Kang in the movies.
right....again, not something we'd actually know from the show.
BTW, I loved that portrayal of Kang. Very good. Like I said, I can't figure out why I didn't love this show like I did Wandavision.

MarkB

Legend
Well, much of the point here is that "good" and "bad" are hard to judge. Kang Who Remains tells us that the choices are "people get pruned for being variant" or "people die in great multiversal conflict". I am not sure how we can choose one of these to be "good". They are both pretty bad choices.

What we probably have is a variant TVA dedicated to establishing a new Sacred Timeline for one of the Kangs.
The one big difference is that this is a TVA that's no longer being lied to about who is in charge.

...Unless this Kang is eventually revealed to be just an android, and it turns out that the TVA is now being operated by Alligator Loki. Space lizards FTW.

Dire Bare

Legend
Probably not. I expect they are brought in so it can be determined whether they need to be pruned, or could be turned into TSA agents.
TSA agents!?!? That's worse than turning them into TVA agents!! ;)

However, I don't think the TVA, as it existed in the series up until the last moment, was in the business of recruiting new agents. Some of them would have to know the secret sauce, that TVA agents are variants and not "created" by the Timekeepers.

pukunui

Legend
TSA agents!?!? That's worse than turning them into TVA agents!! ;)

However, I don't think the TVA, as it existed in the series up until the last moment, was in the business of recruiting new agents. Some of them would have to know the secret sauce, that TVA agents are variants and not "created" by the Timekeepers.
I got the sense there was brainwashing involved, hence why Hunter B-15 had to have Sylvie access her memories for her.

So variants get judged. Some get pruned. Others get recruited. The former mostly get eaten by Alioth. The latter are made to forget who they were and are fed lies about being created to serve the TVA.

Dire Bare

Legend
I got the sense there was brainwashing involved, hence why Hunter B-15 had to have Sylvie access her memories for her.

So variants get judged. Some get pruned. Others get recruited. The former mostly get eaten by Alioth. The latter are made to forget who they were and are fed lies about being created to serve the TVA.
So who recruits and brainwashes the variants who aren't pruned? Everybody at the TVA, as depicted, is a brainwashed variant unaware of the true nature of the organization they work for. Miss Minutes is the only "person" in the know . . .

Remove ads