• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Loki! (spoiler thread)

JEB

Legend
They did not, but Kang's best-known sobriquet is "Kang the Conqueror", and He Who Remains referred to himself as 'a conqueror' among other things.
Also, the variant of He Who Remains we see in statue form is wearing a variation of Kang's comic-book outfit.

loki-he-who-remains-kang-jonathan-majors-1626286144507.jpg

Davies

Legend
right....again, not something we'd actually know from the show.
BTW, I loved that portrayal of Kang. Very good. Like I said, I can't figure out why I didn't love this show like I did Wandavision.
Speaking for myself, I didn't like a number of the questions unanswered or unsatisfyingly answered by the finale.

What was Sylvie's supposed crime? We never get an answer, and I don't for one second believe that Ravonna didn't remember. Why, during her trial, did everyone seem to just stand around and stare when she made her escape, rather than at least attempting to stop her? A reasonable conclusion would be that there wasn't a crime, that the trial was a farce, and she was simply picked by He Who Remains to be one of the Lokis who would be present at the finale. But why her in particular, and not some other Loki?

Why couldn't Ravonna be pruned? Mobius contacted her with the glowing end of the stick, and nothing happened.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
We have to be careful about what that means in this context. Kang's death is not the nexus event (the proximal cause) for each new timeline - they just all now exist because he's no longer guiding pruning them.
It's interesting, because as He Who Remains the implication is that there are no other Kangs left after the war. For more Kangs to come into play, the branches have to basically respawn way back in time and bring the Kangs back.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It's interesting, because as He Who Remains the implication is that there are no other Kangs left after the war. For more Kangs to come into play, the branches have to basically respawn way back in time and bring the Kangs back.

Yep. Note that, during the series, when there's action outside the TVA, it isn't always in "the MCU present time". They have the ability (and presumably the need) to deal with timeline branches occurring in what we'd call the past and future.

This is implied in the scenes looking at the sky outside Kang Who Remains' citadel. when the timeline starts branching, it does so all along its length, not just from one point forward.

Dire Bare

Legend
The multiverse reasserts itself with Kang Who Remains death . . . but the new branches are not necessarily the old branches. In other words, the new timelines will be their own thing, and not simply recreations of the original variant timelines. We'll get a Council of Kangs, but different Kangs than the first time around, although likely with the same result, multiversal war!

Or at least, that's my theory. :)

Sorry I reacted a bit strongly there. :(
It’s all good. I can understand the frustration, I want answers too! 😁

The more I think about it though, I think you’re right: the last we see of Renslayer she leaves to find out more (I think she says she’s off to find free will) which does imply that she didn’t know what was going on.

I’m not sure why but I just got the impression she knew that they (the TVA) were variants, I’ll let you know if I find any evidence to the theory on a rewatch.

BRayne

Adventurer

The more I think about it though, I think you’re right: the last we see of Renslayer she leaves to find out more (I think she says she’s off to find free will) which does imply that she didn’t know what was going on.

I’m not sure why but I just got the impression she knew that they (the TVA) were variants, I’ll let you know if I find any evidence to the theory on a rewatch.

She had the pen from the school her prime variant works at is the big one I think

MarkB

Legend

There was the fact that she still had that pen. It seems a little odd to hold onto a keepsake from a time and place you don't remember.

Then again, Mobius had his jetski magazines, so I guess they do still maintain a lot of that on a subconscious level.

Remove ads