Loki! (spoiler thread)

Staffan

Legend
I had thought I remembered him doing it somewhere in the movies (but maybe it was in the comics?)... but then I thought of all of the places he hadn't used it in the movies and figured I must be wrong... until that last scene.
Classic comics Loki can certainly teleport. He's an incredibly strong all-round sorcerer (or wizard, if you count the horned headgear as a hat), probably top 5 in Asgard or thereabouts (only ones I can think of that are stronger would be Odin and Karnilla, Queen of the Norns).

Omand

Hero
Classic comics Loki can certainly teleport. He's an incredibly strong all-round sorcerer (or wizard, if you count the horned headgear as a hat), probably top 5 in Asgard or thereabouts (only ones I can think of that are stronger would be Odin and Karnilla, Queen of the Norns).
Based upon the MCU movies I think you would have to include Frigga as more powerful as well, perhaps not in combat, but in overall "strength" since she taught Loki when he was younger and could see his mind in most cases. Plus, she could foresee her own death, and yet continued on her chosen course of action.

Cheers :)

MCU Loki seems way feebler than the comic Loki though.

Staffan

Legend
Yeah, the MCU Loki is primarily an illusionist. Apparently a damn good one, but he doesn't seem overly broad.
I mean, he does have other abilities that I assume are magical. On Lamentis he uses telekinesis to deflect a falling pillar, for example. But illusions are clearly what he's most comfortable with and most skilled in.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I mean, he does have other abilities that I assume are magical. On Lamentis he uses telekinesis to deflect a falling pillar, for example. But illusions are clearly what he's most comfortable with and most skilled in.

It wouldn't be surprising that he had some others; he learned from Freya as best we can tell, and she didn't seem to be a pure illusionist. But as you say, the others must be limited and hard for him because you almost never see them.

It wouldn't be surprising that he had some others; he learned from Freya as best we can tell, and she didn't seem to be a pure illusionist. But as you say, the others must be limited and hard for him because you almost never see them.

Something else to remember is that the Loki of this show and the Loki of the movies are not the exact same Loki. It is entirely possible that there is some variation in learned abilities that were not significant enough to trigger a pruning because he was still following his path, until he got the Tesseract at the wrong point in his story.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Something else to remember is that the Loki of this show and the Loki of the movies are not the exact same Loki. It is entirely possible that there is some variation in learned abilities that were not significant enough to trigger a pruning because he was still following his path, until he got the Tesseract at the wrong point in his story.

Most of his magical training should well predate the branch off though. We have a pretty good idea where Loki was after that point and it added up to, first, sitting in prison on Asgard, second playing fake Odin, and then hanging out being a party boy on Sakaar. None of those were particularly likely to have provided much opportunity to learn new stuff (though its not impossible during the fake-Odin period).

Remove ads