Loki! (spoiler thread)

hopeless

Adventurer
Not only that, but even after Thanos killed him, Thor outright tells us that he expects his brother will cheat death somehow. We are set up to expect to see him again in some way, shape, or form.
Imagine Alternate Loki replaced the Loki we thought killed.
So since the original Loki wasn't killed him being alive isn't a paradox after all Thanos travelled from the past and was clicked out of existence by Iron Man instead of being beheaded by Thor.
As it is because he's actually a parallel double of himself the TVA can hunt him because he is a paradox as unlikely as it would be for him to rescue himself doing so should remove him off the TVA's radar.
From what I've heard
he isn't the only Loki to do so
I'm hoping its a great series.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Maybe he did survive, maybe there is more than one Loki...

There are most assuredly more than one, given the whole mutliverse thing. There's more than one of pretty much everybody. He won't be special in that regard.

However, I'm going to guess that the MCU (Earth-199999) Loki that we started with is dead. There's just many, many alternate Lokis out there.

How much of the multiverse does everyone think will get introduced in this series versus saving it for Doctor Strange 2 or Spiderman 3? Will it just be flashes, like we had when the Avengers collected the alternate Infinity Stones? Or something more solid and visual? Any cameos you expect or just wish to see?

hopeless

Adventurer
A decent series to be honest.
If they deliberately skipped including Dr Strange in Wandavision just because he would outclass Wanda, rather than that original excuse that he couldn't attend the cameo due to the covid restrictions will that effect this series too?
I just watched a video where they suggested four changes to Endgame that would greatly improve that movie one of which was swapping Tony Stark for Bruce Banner with Banner accompanying Natasha instead of Hawkeye.
Tony would be warned by the Ancient One and he'd call off the insertion in Avengers Tower so they'd pick up the space stone somewhere else, thus Loki doesn't escape due to that mis hap in the movie.
Looking at that video I can see Thanos letting Thor think he killed Loki only to use the Space Stone to drop him off where the TVA could pick him up and that wouldn't effect this series.
Now I need to find that video so I can link it here and see what you think!

Here we go!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
How much of the multiverse does everyone think will get introduced in this series versus saving it for Doctor Strange 2 or Spiderman 3? Will it just be flashes, like we had when the Avengers collected the alternate Infinity Stones? Or something more solid and visual? Any cameos you expect or just wish to see?
Im expecting that the story will go over a number of 'mundane' alternate timelines and the general storyline will be alt-Loki having to deal with the mischief of various altB-Lokis. I think they will leave the weirder dimensions to Doctor Strange or the "What If" cartoons.

I think Marvel has handled deaths well so far and have already done a replacement with Gamora. Bringing back alt-Loki fits both the Loki character and the overall MCU story (whereas brining back Tony Stark or Captain Rogers would be bad). Not sure about Natasha Romanov, they're already doing a soft res with the Black widow movie

I think Marvel has handled deaths well so far and have already done a replacement with Gamora. Bringing back alt-Loki fits both the Loki character and the overall MCU story (whereas brining back Tony Stark or Captain Rogers would be bad). Not sure about Natasha Romanov, they're already doing a soft res with the Black widow movie

Yep. And with the MCU, it is the title/code name that stays around, not the character, since the actors age or die tragically young. So we have another character who is also a Black Widow. Another character, Sam, to become Captain America. Another character, Riri, to become Ironheart/Ironman. Miles Morales as Spiderman when that time comes. Now, there are some who will not be replaced when the actor is done, like Thor or Doctor Strange, because those are the character names and not just titles that someone else can take on. Though we will see what they do with Thor in Thor 4. Will they call Jane Thor or will she just wield Mjolnir and be called something else? Bruce Banner is himself, but someone else can get Hulked, like his cousin, She-Hulk. Someone else can, and probably will, take the title of Hawkeye. And so on.

Remove ads