Loki! (spoiler thread)

Zaukrie

New Publisher
When a new timeline diverges sufficiently to hit the red line, that means it's diverged too far to be reined in with a few reset charges, and is now a full-fledged alternate universe. But even in the time before it reaches that point, if someone manages to somehow skip out of that divergent timeline, as Loki did using the Tesseract, that person becomes a rogue variant and needs to be hunted down, before their actions beget yet more divergent timelines.

They do potentially have access to every puny mortal weapon ever created in any timeline.
If he skipped out of that timeline, did he leave another version behind? If not, and they had disintegrated him, would he be dead forever since there was not a version in the sacred timeline anymore?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I actually meant that last part about when he creates duplicates of himself, assuming I understood that. Like, did he think he was hunting himself?

Ah. No. When he creates a duplicate of himself, he controls it - one mind, many bodies.

When a variant of him is created, he does not control it.

And these are two different processes.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
If he skipped out of that timeline, did he leave another version behind?

Sort of.

What they are talking about is a form of quantum mechanical "Many Worlds". When an alternate timeline is created the original timeline still exists. An entire duplicate Universe is created.

One version of Loki does whatever Sacred Loki does. AND a Variant Loki goes off in his own entire universe doing whatever he does. If Variant Loki leaves his Variant Timeline before the timeline is pruned, he becomes Free Agent Loki, a Loki without a timeline of his own. But the Sacred Loki still exists.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So he should have known or believed that he wasn't hunting himself? I'm unsure how it really works. Not being a comic reader.... There being a lot of him created, I'm not sure. They've disintegrated more versions of him than anyone else. Yet, he still exists.....if I understood that correctly.... What does that mean?
Female Loki is from a different timeline and thus Loki-A isnt connected to her like he would be with a duplicate (ie Female Loki isnt a duplicate shes a real Loki but from a different reality)

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Sort of.

What they are talking about is a form of quantum mechanical "Many Worlds". When an alternate timeline is created the original timeline still exists. An entire duplicate Universe is created.

One version of Loki does whatever Sacred Loki does. AND a Variant Loki goes off in his own entire universe doing whatever he does. If Variant Loki leaves his Variant Timeline before the timeline is pruned, he becomes Free Agent Loki, a Loki without a timeline of his own. But the Sacred Loki still exists.
Got it. I thought when he used the Tesseract, he left his timeline behind.....but I guess not. Time travel (and multiple versions of reality). So complex (which is funny, as the novel I wrote a couple years ago RELIES on a time discrepancy for a huge part of the plot.....).

Like the "female Loki"....she is out of her timeline / reality / universe.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
That's what we've been given to work with in the episode. Anything else is speculation.

And, notably, even if the character is going by the name of a character who was a separate person in the comics, that doesn't necessarily mean her origin story in the MCU isn't "variant of Loki".
If it is Sylvie then that character wasnt the real Enchantress anyway, she was a creation of Loki - and given that they do the whole molecular duplicate speech, her MCU identity might very much be an independent Duplicate of Loki-A

Even without the spoilers, I would not trust this is actually a female Loki. Too big a reveal for just the 2nd episode. And she was using a power that Loki does not have, but Enchantress does. The only time Loki did something like that, he was using his staff with the infinity stone in it, and it caused a blue glow in the eyes, to match the stone. What this female "Loki" did had a green color to it, which also matches the Enchantress. Being the MCU, it could easily just be a combining of the two female characters into one. And as I read elsewhere, the hair color is not Loki's and the actress does not look like Tom Hiddleston, or at least not to me, and a Variant female Loki would still look like him.

Remove ads