• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Lolth in D&D Next and Setting Hopping

Elf Witch

First Post
I'm actually running a campaign right now, centering around Tiamat as the creator of the world and all life. Poor misunderstood goddess.

In the campaign I am running Tiamat is the mother of all dragons and is angry at then being usurped by other races. She is not evil at all. She is lawful neutral and believes that the world would be better off if law was strictly enforced.

Lloth is also in my game she was an elven god betrayed by Correllon and Selune so she made a pct with a demon and became one.

ArmoredSaint

First Post
The possibility of Lolth or her loathsome drow occupying a place of prominence in 5E is the first thing about 5E I've heard that I dislike.

Minimize and marginalize her, please. Let someone/something more interesting take the spotlight; the drow have had their day in the sun (HAH!) long enough due to the popularity of Drizz't, who is nauseating. No more, please.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
It would be interesting for them to put forth the effort to come up with a new bad guy.
(I understand the uproar that would arise from some quarters)

Instead of Orcus, Lolth, Tharizdun, Bane, etc. make a new "classic" that after 5 to 10 years can join the ranks of the above in the fond memories of gamers.

I think Ashardalon came close. Torog has some potential.

Some type of world walking Elric clone slowly gaining might as it increased it's powerbase on our world would be neat.

/end tangent

Are there not any real British female voice actors in Washington state?

I endorse her effort though. Some of the vowels were off, but I liked most of the performance.

NotZenon

Explorer
Man i hate lol-th so much, just the most tired over used boring as heck old as spots on the sun geriatric villain of all time (ok maybe i'm exaggerating).

but seriously i have no (ZERO) interest in another LOL-th / drow rehashing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads