D&D 5E Lolth's Warrior, Way of the Drow Book 3 (Drizzt Novel)

Scribe

Legend
Im assuming you mean that she prefers to go "Skyclad". Very puritan thing to be upset about, but i get it. I mean not like WotC couldn't just put clothes on her. She's not ALWAYS naked.

Thats my assumption yes. Either they are afraid to have the 'good' drow be followers of a nudist, or they didnt want it to be down to 'a god did it' anymore, and get away from that all together.

Then again, Giff love guns because of their god...so who knows what they are doing.

Weiley31

Legend
Ah, so Drizzt is about to free the Drow.

The whole plotline was way too easy for me to ignore, but the less I say on it the better.

He will end up freeing the drow, some will cling to Lolth anyway, and those will remain the 'bad drow' that need to exist, while a large (majority) will follow Drizzt to freedom from her evil ways.

And the messiah complex of this character will essentially be complete.

Tbf they've been hinting at this since around 1996.
Basic main character/mary suing 101.

On a serious note, if it didn't happen before in the previous novels, it was only a matter of time before Drizzt EVENTUALLY would get around to do that.

The real question, I'm wondering, if somehow Lolth is gonna change or if she's gonna get fractured/destroyed because of it all.

Zardnaar

Legend
Basic main character/mary suing 101.

On a serious note, if it didn't happen before in the previous novels, it was only a matter of time before Drizzt EVENTUALLY would get around to do that.

The real question, I'm wondering, if somehow Lolth is gonna change or if she's gonna get fractured/destroyed because of it all.

Well the last great Drizzt book was 1999, the last decent Drow book was around 2003.

I'm sure RAS will do another wonderful novel in execution. Lolth getting overthrown in Menzo makes some amount of sense or isn't coming out of nowhere assuming it even happens.

Well the last great Drizzt book was 1999, the last decent Drow book was around 2003.

I'm sure RAS will do another wonderful novel in execution. Lolth getting overthrown in Menzo makes some amount of sense or isn't coming out of nowhere assuming it even happens.

I don't think Lolth will get overthrown in her most iconic city, I think it's more likely the Rebel factions go into exiles. I mean what is Lolth and what will Drizzt novels be without it's City of Spiders?

If the Lolthites are desperate enough they will call on reinforcements from other Drow cities, and the Abyss/Demonweb pits.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi

I pretty much stopped reading the series when 4th ed's 100 years later trash hooked Drizzt up with new friends. Of course he got his old friends back when 5E came around and WotC tried to unfudge what they did (most of the damage is still done though).

And now Drizzt is an athiest and kind of a jerk. As of the first book in the new trilogy I read.

Honestly, time to let Drizzt retire and write Zaknafein novels. At least he's kind of interesting in a "Drow out of time" sense.

aco175

Legend
Like what @Scribe mentioned earlier, Hasbro ties this with the new rules of drow being any alignment and not just evil. Wonder if the books have the orcs join with them and all hold hands.

Zardnaar

Legend
I pretty much stopped reading the series when 4th ed's 100 years later trash hooked Drizzt up with new friends. Of course he got his old friends back when 5E came around and WotC tried to unfudge what they did (most of the damage is still done though).

And now Drizzt is an athiest and kind of a jerk. As of the first book in the new trilogy I read.

Honestly, time to let Drizzt retire and write Zaknafein novels. At least he's kind of interesting in a "Drow out of time" sense.

Last one I read was some sort of Gauntlgrym novel with vampiric dwarf. It was bad.

Thought I may have been getting old so reread some older stuff and still enjoyed it. Not all of it and it wasn't all D&D related eg David Eddings.

Remove ads