D&D 5E Look at all this Draconic Fizban art!

Here's a bunch of art from Fizban's Treasury of Dragons! Fizban himself has a new look from Nikki Dawes, and there's a gorgeous spread of the full wraparound cover art by Chris Rahn.

Here's a bunch of art from Fizban's Treasury of Dragons! Fizban himself has a new look from Nikki Dawes, and there's a gorgeous spread of the full wraparound cover art by Chris Rahn.

4F7D2918-8CE2-4033-B30A-045249C099F8.jpeg
71id2i3gfp1d.jpg
knclwnwlkhvxvec.jpg
whxdokghqvwboe.jpg
12ohdo2h3f0.jpg

Stormonu

Legend
Without the scale texture, it actually looks rather bland. If they don't do the dragon in some sort of semi-transparent green plastic like the sapphire, I don't see this getting many sales.

Without the scale texture, it actually looks rather bland. If they don't do the dragon in some sort of semi-transparent green plastic like the sapphire, I don't see this getting many sales.
It's a render for the miniature, not actual art from the book.

n/m I see you realized that, my bad.

Last edited:

I'm taking the "noticeable redesign" statement with a grain of salt as (a) this is a render for the miniature, so liberties are going to be made, and (b), other than the sinuous neck, it looks pretty much like emerald dragons from previous editions...

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
Yeah, I’ll have to wait for the official art to get a real feel for this design personally. Having said that, I love how slender it looks compared to the thicker design of the Chromatic and Metallic Dragons.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Fizban looks a bit too canny in the illustration for my taste. But so it goes.

I've never had a use for dragonborn, so the illustration doesn't bother me. But in the core books it states that draconians are the Krynnish dragonborn, and that's 5e stuff so it still counts as canon according to recent revamps.

It will be interesting to see if and how the new book addresses that fact.

Remove ads

Remove ads