Blog (A5E) Look At Our 'Level Up' Cover Art!

This gorgeous wraparound cover art is by Alba Palacio. It features four of our ‘iconic’ characters engaging in an exploration challenge — a statement which shows the importance we’re giving the exploration pillar of the game, bringing it front and center alongside the combat and social pillars. Maika the human druid, Krarg the orc/human berserker, Gyvwen the dwarf rogue, and Varskyle the...

This gorgeous wraparound cover art is by Alba Palacio. It features four of our ‘iconic’ characters engaging in an exploration challenge — a statement which shows the importance we’re giving the exploration pillar of the game, bringing it front and center alongside the combat and social pillars.

Maika the human druid, Krarg the orc/human berserker, Gyvwen the dwarf rogue, and Varskyle the dragonborn fighter engage in an exploration challenge.

Maika the human druid, Krarg the orc/human berserker, Gyvwen the dwarf rogue, and Varskyle the dragonborn fighter engage in an exploration challenge.

Continue reading...

imagineGod

Legend
With the rise of digital books, covers are less important for marketing.

But, damn, that is one inspiring cover and makes we want the dead trees edition of this book.

ChaosOS

Legend
It would be interesting to see a study of how well DMs Guild products without a nice cover do versus the ones that do. I suspect they're more important than you think.
Other than outside marketing it definitely matters... although there's a question of what the curve of "mattering" is. There's lots of products that basically don't have a cover, so having any cover is a good edge... but then how do you grade from there?

I love the layout, but the colors... There is a great desert palette of the red/orange/brown - but the only color that break that up is green - both on the dragon and the adventurers. To me that makes is come off as sort of subdued or bland. If I saw that in a bookstore, I probably would give it a pass.

I love the fact is is exploration and not combat.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
pretty cover but genuinely confused who is who

1609459411440.png

1. I'm pretty sure this is maika from build hair & the tree branch
  2. Fairly certain this is gyvwen but that makes the rest of the order obviously not something standard like L->R, (counter)clockwise, or whatever
  3. Interesting mask dagger maybe a polearm with a funny blade or an arcane staff with a funny crystal... maybe a robe or some kind of armor.. pretty sure that's a tail or maybe horns on a skull at the bottom?
  4. is this an orc or elf? maybe this is Karg?
  5. I feel safe in saying I'm positive this is not an orc so is probably Varskyle the dragonborn fighter? That hammer & knife looks interesting.
It looks like by process of elimination that 4 is probably Krarg the orc/human berserker.. That still leaves 3 though what are they wearing & wielding? Either way the characters should probably be named left to right top to bottom (clockwise) unless specified otherwise.

Remove ads

Remove ads