Blog (A5E) Look At Our 'Level Up' Cover Art!

This gorgeous wraparound cover art is by Alba Palacio. It features four of our ‘iconic’ characters engaging in an exploration challenge — a statement which shows the importance we’re giving the exploration pillar of the game, bringing it front and center alongside the combat and social pillars. Maika the human druid, Krarg the orc/human berserker, Gyvwen the dwarf rogue, and Varskyle the...

This gorgeous wraparound cover art is by Alba Palacio. It features four of our ‘iconic’ characters engaging in an exploration challenge — a statement which shows the importance we’re giving the exploration pillar of the game, bringing it front and center alongside the combat and social pillars.

Maika the human druid, Krarg the orc/human berserker, Gyvwen the dwarf rogue, and Varskyle the dragonborn fighter engage in an exploration challenge.

Maika the human druid, Krarg the orc/human berserker, Gyvwen the dwarf rogue, and Varskyle the dragonborn fighter engage in an exploration challenge.

Continue reading...

Mortus

Explorer
Beautiful artwork, but not a fan of this as a cover. It just seems dull and bland when 5E is about fun and excitement. I’m sure a different scene could have been chosen to reflect that exploration can be fun and exciting. Maybe the same scene during a sandstorm? Just my two cents. I’m sure the rules will be fun and exciting based on what has been revealed so far.

GlazzSpider

Villager
I would have to agree with a few others here. The artwork for the sake of art is really good. But not for your cover. I have to say if I saw the LEVEL UP: A5E book with this cover art on the shelf with a hundred other RPG books at my local game store and I didn't know anything about the game I would not be inspired to pick it up. This cover art just doesn't grab my attention.

GlazzSpider

Villager
That’s a statue.
I would have to agree with tetrasodium. The "statue" doesn't look like a statue. It looks like a 5th character. It actually looks like a Magic User getting ready to cast a spell at the flying dragon on the horizon. But at the same time I can also see it's a statue ONLY because it is the same color and blends in with the rest of the surrounding scenery.

Remove ads

Remove ads