• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a 6th level Ranger build!

badash56

First Post
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could help me build a 6th level ranger for an upcoming session. The game will be a one night only session for about 6 hours. We are playing with 6th level characters and everything is available (any race/template) as long as we aren't evil. I was told we could IGNORE level adjustments, just make the character 6th level.

Knowing the DM, this will be a tough as nails game and the more powerful the better. No the problem I have is that I don't have alot of the books, just the core. I was hoping you guys here could give me some advice. Like I said, I would like to play a ranger.

Thank you :)

mikebr99

Explorer
6th level Dwarven Ranger
Two weapon fighting
Feats: Dodge, Improved shield bash, mobility
Fights with a dwarven waraxe & light spiked shield.

YMMV

Mike

badash56

First Post
Hey thats not a bad idea. :D What template I could add to give it some more flavor? I normally wouldn't play with one but most of the players are using them, so I'd like to be on the same level. Maybe a werewolf or something? :)

mikebr99

Explorer
badash56 said:
Hey thats not a bad idea. :D What template I could add to give it some more flavor? I normally wouldn't play with one but most of the players are using them, so I'd like to be on the same level. Maybe a werewolf or something? :)
How about Half-Celestial? or Half-Dragon??

Mike

ElvishBard

First Post
System Reference Document (It's free, and has most of the core D&D rules, and it's legal to have), or the Monster Manual if I am not mistaken. Good luck with the one shot :) .

jeffhartsell

First Post
badash56 said:
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could help me build a 6th level ranger for an upcoming session. The game will be a one night only session for about 6 hours. We are playing with 6th level characters and everything is available (any race/template) as long as we aren't evil. I was told we could IGNORE level adjustments, just make the character 6th level.

Knowing the DM, this will be a tough as nails game and the more powerful the better. No the problem I have is that I don't have alot of the books, just the core. I was hoping you guys here could give me some advice. Like I said, I would like to play a ranger.

Thank you :)

Ignore level adjustment?! Uh... 6th level ranger half-celestial cloud giant. But you are effectively a 27th-level character so be ready for people to whine if they don't play something non-traditional.

To make it easier on yourself, play a hill giant. The SRD has rules on how to modify your character to account for the 12 levels of hill giant (or a stone giant).

Last edited:

Remove ads