Looking for a couple of published PrCs...

Lalato

Adventurer
Hypersmurf said:
What's your definition of 'published'?

Rich Baker has the Divine Trickster on his website.

It's Cleric/Rogue, but often considered overpowered.

-Hyp.

That's interesting. I'll talk to my DM about this and the Shadowbane Stalker...

The character I'm planning on is Changeling Rogue/Cleric of The Traveler in the Eberron campaign setting. Both the Divine Trickster and Shadowbane Stalker appeal to me for different reasons so I'll discuss it with the DM. :)

Now... for the Druid/Bard thing... The Fochluchan Lyricist is nice, but it's a bit more civilized than I was hoping for. I'm thinking more of a tribal leader type...

--sam

sullivan

First Post
Lalato said:
Now... for the Druid/Bard thing... The Fochluchan Lyricist is nice, but it's a bit more civilized than I was hoping for. I'm thinking more of a tribal leader type...

--sam

Bah, just play a Druid with a high Cha and give him an accordian, aboriginal didgeridoo (likely best given you goals), bagpipes, or some other equally annoying instrument (to be played fully untrained) to simulate the irritation factor of a true Bard. Hey, better yet spend a couple points to give him a single Rank in Perform(mime). A little bit of knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge. :] :lol:

Presto. Strength of a Druid (that works well with animals) coupled with the party-hate magnetism of a Bard. No PrC required. :cool:

Voadam

Legend
I think the Enchiridion of Mystic Music (pdf bard book) has a druid/bard or ranger/bard type prestige class called nature's herald focused on songs that summon nature's allies.

Lalato

Adventurer
sullivan said:
Bah, just play a Druid with a high Cha and give him an accordian, aboriginal didgeridoo (likely best given you goals), bagpipes, or some other equally annoying instrument (to be played fully untrained) to simulate the irritation factor of a true Bard. Hey, better yet spend a couple points to give him a single Rank in Perform(mime). A little bit of knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge. :] :lol:

Presto. Strength of a Druid (that works well with animals) coupled with the party-hate magnetism of a Bard. No PrC required. :cool:

Well... I would but it's more for an NPC class than for a character. I may end up creating something on my own. I was just hoping there might have been something close that I could tweak.

--sam

Lalato

Adventurer
Voadam said:
I think the Enchiridion of Mystic Music (pdf bard book) has a druid/bard or ranger/bard type prestige class called nature's herald focused on songs that summon nature's allies.

Checked it out on RPGNow. Interesting... I suppose they could be focused on summoning desert animals.

Storyteller01

First Post
FFG has the Follower of the Black Flame in their 'Path of Faith' book. Basically, you learn to hide your divine power from those around you.

Doesn't improve rogue abilities directly (no sneak attack), but they have similar cass skills, and the ability to manipulate fire, immunity to fire, and the abilty to manipulate your alignment (against magic anyway) makes for some great bonuses.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Jack Simth said:
You could try a Mystic Theurge; Bard spells are Arcane, Druid spells are Divine, so you could pull it off at Druid 3, Bard 4-5 (depending on your Cha bonus).
The Arcane Heirophant (mentioned earlier), does the same thing, but increases Wild Shape too. It's build for Druid/Wizard.

Lalato

Adventurer
Jdvn1 said:
The Arcane Heirophant (mentioned earlier), does the same thing, but increases Wild Shape too. It's build for Druid/Wizard.

Hmmm... I think what I'm looking for is a bit more like the Lorekeeper and less like something that can kick a bunch of butt. But thanks for bringing it to my attention. It helped me refine what I was looking for.

Remove ads