• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a Divine PrC...

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I'm trying to find a PrC that will aid the following build:

A Divine PrC that gains 2nd level spells at the 2nd level of the class, like the Blighter and Ur Priest, but neither of those will fit the Build. This would be a PrC with it's own casting progression, not a "+1 level of existing class".

The base of the build is Wizard5/War Weaver5, heading for a few levels of Mystic Thurge, but I'm only willing to take a 2 level dip out of Wizard. The Divine spells will be supplemental to the Wizard buffer caster build.

Anyone have any suggestions? Any and all official sources are free game (books and Magazines), but no homebrew and no third party.

Thanks.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Divine Crusader and Apostle of Peace. Each brings its own new problems.
Wow, thanks! I don't know how I missed Divine Crusader and I didn't think of Apostle of Peace.

I'm unable to meet the requirements for Divine Crusader with my Wizard/War Weaver build, and I'm not willing to invest the feats for Apostle of Peace, but those were exactly the kinds of suggestions I was looking for, thank you!

I'll keep looking, we'll see if anything else turns up...

Trouvere

Explorer
Digging further afield, Unapproachable East has the Nentyar Hunter, which is just as difficult to qualify for, needing 8 ranks of some cross-class skills and 3 feats.

Instead of trying to theurge, could you take the feat Arcane Disciple for access to divine spells from a single domain, perhaps more than once? The eldritch tapestry goes some way to ameliorating the 1/day limitation, and - depending on your Wisdom - you could get access to spells above 2nd level immediately.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Digging further afield, Unapproachable East has the Nentyar Hunter, which is just as difficult to qualify for, needing 8 ranks of some cross-class skills and 3 feats.

Instead of trying to theurge, could you take the feat Arcane Disciple for access to divine spells from a single domain, perhaps more than once? The eldritch tapestry goes some way to ameliorating the 1/day limitation, and - depending on your Wisdom - you could get access to spells above 2nd level immediately.
Ok, checked the Nentyar Hunter, won't work for this build but something good to keep in mind for another.

Thanks for the Arcane Disciple feat suggestion. I might use it. I might go Urpriest. Perhaps I'd go Cleric1/Dwemerkeeper9. I might go Mage of the Arcane Order 9/Mindbender1. I might take 4 levels of Spell Sovereign mixed with something else. Maybe 10 levels of Chameleon. Dunno.

This is for the Hypothetical Build Here. This character is the first I've ever felt that I've accomplished everything the Build set out to do by level 10. Therefore I'm really fuzzy as to where I want to go with the remaining 10 levels. I'm pretty sure I want to keep 9th level Arcane spells but if I don't, I'd rather go Chameleon for the breadth of spells if I give up depth.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Divine Crusader and Apostle of Peace.
songht1.jpg
1.jpg
song2.jpg
song12.jpg
song14.jpg
Good suggestions but [MENTION=37250]Trouvere[/MENTION] beat you to them a day and a half earlier. Be sure to read the posts of other people before responding, but thanks for your contribution!

Wyvernhand

First Post
If you don't mind a bit of shananananananananananananananiganery, you could always go with an early entry method. Sanctum Spell would be the most straightforward and unquestionable. You already need Enlarge Spell which covers the 1 MM feat prereq, so you can just straight up take Sanctum Spell at any point. At any point after that, you could simply dip into Cleric1 and have the potential to cast any of your 1st level spells as 2nd level spells.

Sanctum Spell also has a double benefit for a War Weaver. War Weaver caps out at the ability to weave 5th level spells into your tapestry at level 5. Sanctum Spell blurs this cap slightly. A Sanctum 6th level spell is, outside of your sanctum, for ALL intents and purposes, a 5th level spell. That means it's low enough to weave into the Tapestry.

Sanctum Spell is also useful if one of your allies has a Spellstoring weapon, for similar reasons. You can slide a normally 4th level Orb of X under the cap with Sanctum Spell. Sure, the save DC for the rider effect will be slightly lowered, but the damage is much higher than most 3rd level spells for a bigger burst.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
If you don't mind a bit of shananananananananananananananiganery, you could always go with an early entry method. Sanctum Spell would be the most straightforward and unquestionable. You already need Enlarge Spell which covers the 1 MM feat prereq, so you can just straight up take Sanctum Spell at any point. At any point after that, you could simply dip into Cleric1 and have the potential to cast any of your 1st level spells as 2nd level spells.

Sanctum Spell also has a double benefit for a War Weaver. War Weaver caps out at the ability to weave 5th level spells into your tapestry at level 5. Sanctum Spell blurs this cap slightly. A Sanctum 6th level spell is, outside of your sanctum, for ALL intents and purposes, a 5th level spell. That means it's low enough to weave into the Tapestry.

Sanctum Spell is also useful if one of your allies has a Spellstoring weapon, for similar reasons. You can slide a normally 4th level Orb of X under the cap with Sanctum Spell. Sure, the save DC for the rider effect will be slightly lowered, but the damage is much higher than most 3rd level spells for a bigger burst.
Oh... one more reason to design a Portable Sanctum.

Wyvernhand

First Post
Actually, for most of the things I cited, you don't want to be in your sanctum. You want the spell to be effectively lower level than the slot you cast it from. You just have to have the feat and a sanctum somewhere to qualify for the early entry.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads