Looking for a standard 3.5 games

Guilt Puppy

First Post
I might be interested in DMing, but one caveat: I'd prefer it to be a higher-level game (10+) to differentiate it from my primary campaign a little. That might not fit with your needs if you're looking for your first game as a player, but if you've DMed for a while, you should at least know how to stat up a character of that level.

I tend to be a rather RP-heavy DM, although I wouldn't mind running a slightly combat-heavier game if that's what people prefer... Also, I generally run low-power worlds -- that is to say, at tenth level, you'd be expected to carry yourselves like the kingdom's roughest and toughest, because you'll be pretty close to it :)

Also, another word of warning: I run long, intricate storylines, and invariably the players are deep along their quest before they realize what their quest really is. This drives some players nuts, others really enjoy it.

Yet another word of warning: I will be gone at the start of April for a period which shouldn't exceed two weeks. So I'd like to get the game up and running fast if possible.

If that sounds good, let me know, and I'll get something planned.

DarkMaster

First Post
That is fine with me. Will try to build a good 10 level character. I actually prefer a more role playing type of game (Could allow me to refresh my idea with my group).

Zerth

First Post
Hey GP, now you really got me interested. I've got enough low-level games so a mid- to high-level game would be most welcome. If it's RP-heavy game everybody wants it's fine with me also. Starting fast is no problem.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
I'm happy to do either or both Psychognome's cliche and Guiltpuppy's Hidden quest.

GP if PG wants to DM his (he sounded a bit tentative in phrasing "if it came down to that") then maybe start a new thread with how many players you want, and what the character creation guidelines are.

Jemal

Adventurer
No offense to Psycho, but the heavy RP low-power yet mid-lvl game proposed by GPuppy sounds more for me. I've been playing in lots of low(1-5) and HIGH(15+) lvl campaigns.. it'd be nice to get lvl 10.. that's when things are at their best, I think... You're powerful enough that you pack a punch, but there are still a lot of things out there that are a challenge, and some things you just can't handle. It's that area of power that most 'epic fantasy' is set at. (IE the 'heroes' of various Forgotten Realms novels, etc)

DarkMaster

First Post
Jemal said:
No offense to Psycho, but the heavy RP low-power yet mid-lvl game proposed by GPuppy sounds more for me. I've been playing in lots of low(1-5) and HIGH(15+) lvl campaigns.. it'd be nice to get lvl 10.. that's when things are at their best, I think... You're powerful enough that you pack a punch, but there are still a lot of things out there that are a challenge, and some things you just can't handle. It's that area of power that most 'epic fantasy' is set at. (IE the 'heroes' of various Forgotten Realms novels, etc)
Made a tentative player during lunch, not a killing machine but might be fun to play.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
The Distinguished Citizens of Gladenrach

Sounds good then... My target roster for this game is four, although it'll start off a bit expanded to make room for those who've shown interest already.

Starting players as I have them:
- DarkMaster
- Voadam
- psychognome
- Zerth
- Jemal
- rangerjohn (if he's still interested)

ManicFuel, if you don't mind waiting I can put you on a list of alternates.

Please read the rules for character creation and post your character when it's ready in the Rogue's Gallery thread.

I'll be starting you guys off in Gladenrach, the City on the Mount: A fortified, independent city, whose reputation for order, safety and seclusion has attracted a wide variety of individuals with a mind for seclusion and safety. The city grew out of a single monastery of St. Cuthbert, although that is long into its history: While the monastery still exists and thrives at the heart of the city, the church of Cuthbert has no particular authority.

Your six PCs will all be important figures in or around the town -- not necessarily politically, but important nonetheless. While I do not ask for your character's backstory, I would like a brief description of your character's place in the city, and his or her reputation... Feel free to add whatever you want to the city to fit in with this notion, so long as it's in keeping with the above. For instance, there's definitely no thieve's guild -- crime here is generally confined to minor disputes and acts of passion. A lone, skilled rogue, though, could thrive in the town, leading a double life of theft at night, and lavish parties earlier in the night.

Remove ads