• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a standard 3.5 games

rangerjohn

Explorer
GP just to let you know I am still interested. Looks like the party needs some type of divine spell caster. I'll get one stated up as quick as possible.

DarkMaster

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
DarkMaster: First thing that stands out is that the stats are off -- remember, it's 32 point-buy, not 4d6 drop. Everything else looks right over a glance. Once the stats are fixed, I'll review and approve, as they're going to change a lot of stuff on their own... Also, anarchists rock! :D I anticipate some fun discussions with Jaros...
Updated, WIS 8 will reflect more his personality. I might change the composition of my scrolls and wands.

DarkMaster

First Post
DarkMaster said:
Updated, WIS 8 will reflect more his personality. I might change the composition of my scrolls and wands.
After looking at the rogue in our group, I decided to switch to a ranger3/Sorcerer7, Our abilities were a bit redundant (some of R.U skill were becoming useless), I didn't change anything to the flavor of the character, Actually being in the military, ranger makes more senses than rogue. It will also make Blood Freezer more useful. Take note that R.U has no intention of taking further level in Ranger, Sorcery is becoming an obsession for him, he was forced to go in the military and being a warrior was never his thing. He never enjoyed being a ranger as he lacked that animal instinc that drives the ranger (WIS).

Also sorry for the stats, I never used those point build ( I developed my own for my campaign) and was under the impression that 16 was 8 pts.

Let me know if it is acceptable.

Voadam

Legend
Guilt Puppy said:
Alright, ManicFuel's on the first list of alternates.

I should note that I'll be structuring at least the first part of the game around your characters -- so if you have anything specific you'd like to pursue, feel free to mention it.

Voadam:

Your character looks okay, but here's a quick list of errors/formatting problems I ran into:

- I'd prefer if Dex 18 (20) read as Dex 20 (16 base, +2 level, +2 enh)... It's just easier for me to use that way. Also, I tend to prefer the standard order (Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Cha), although looking back at the template I think that was my gaff :)

- Base melee should be the bonuses you'd have with, say, a club you picked up off of an enemy -- straight BAB + Str. The attack bonuses for the rapier/dagger combo should be in the weapon section.

- Your initiative bonus should be +9, not +6.

- Your cloak of resistance is marked on the equipment section as +2, although it's clear from the price and the bonus you have marked elsewhere that it's since been downgraded to a +1.

Those changes notwithstanding, you can consider the character approved.

I noticed the +2 error but I can't seem to edit posts today. I will make the changes when I can.

Should the base melee be for non-finessable weapons?

Voadam

Legend
rangerjohn said:
GP just to let you know I am still interested. Looks like the party needs some type of divine spell caster. I'll get one stated up as quick as possible.

A high AC, medium hit point brick cleric would complement well but a wildshaping bruiser druid would not be amiss either.

Voadam

Legend
Guilt Puppy said:
Also, anarchists rock! :D I anticipate some fun discussions with Jaros...

My plan is to play Jaros as basicly a fencer paladin, the only drawback to this model being his poor hit points.

DarkMaster

First Post
rangerjohn said:
Well that's fine Pharos of Pelor will be wearing full plate and use a sun blade.
With the strength and sun domains.
Another LG character!!!!
I don't know how I will deal with all those straight guy.

Zerth

First Post
Made some corrections to my character. Added one rank knowl (dungeoneering) and took one from knowl (geography). Skill synergies are now also added. Corrected ranged attack bonus, that I had miscalculated (forgot dex item).

Remove ads