• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for Rogue play tips

reff42

Explorer
Family said:
-And you only get 1 Sneak attack in per round, so those action points aren't as tasty as with other classes.

crap! I totally misinterpreted that, I took that as 1/enemy/round not 1/round total. Re-reading, I see your right. That sucks, it's so much harder to get combat advantage than to quarry or curse someone. Though, it does make sense, as a surprise round blinding barrage would be devastating.

I may houserule it to 1/attack, let the rouges do their alpha, if they're ranged it's real hard to get CA after round 1.

ozziewolf

First Post
reff42 said:
crap! I totally misinterpreted that, I took that as 1/enemy/round not 1/round total. Re-reading, I see your right. That sucks, it's so much harder to get combat advantage than to quarry or curse someone. Though, it does make sense, as a surprise round blinding barrage would be devastating.

I may houserule it to 1/attack, let the rouges do their alpha, if they're ranged it's real hard to get CA after round 1.

It's actually very easy with a little team work.

Bosses: Rogues will be the king as they should have combat advantage almost the entire time.

Minions: They die in one hit so it doesn't matter in terms of damage only the extra hit bonus.

Regular monsters: Working with the other characters on positioning the Rogue should have combat advantage almost every round. Positioning isn't just the Rogues job it's also other party members jobs to think of the Rogue and try to work together to help him get combat advantage.

With out team work your party won't be nearly as effective as if they just work together. If you do house rule it it'll be a crutch in place of bad team work.

Family

First Post
Family said:
For a primer on flanking (though not by a rogue) check this from 2:40 to 3:00

Your skills are your friends:
-You have a high intimidate (which can force monsters to surrender if bloodied).
-Spend a skill point to Bluff a feint and gain CA against an adjacent foe, then attack this turn...and next...before it wears offs.
-Bluff a hide or find cover/concealment and then stealth into CA and strike next round from ranged.
-Athletics alow you to do some of the following too (more of an excuse to post this video really) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ7OhP8rpoQ

And remeber to watch the link in my quote at the top too: it's worth it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads