Lore storyline/plot (Disclaimer - Very Long)

Willow_Calypso

First Post
I would like to try something new for me, and I am looking for open minded players who are flexible and interested in trying to run a freeform storyline/plot to be played strictly in Carpe DM, Ahoy or even on offsite message board (as this would be a non-AD&D world).

Players will be given a setting (or tasks) and some guidance, but will mostly have free run, meaning we don't always have to be on as a group. A couple players could play on their own if they'd like to work on character relationships or development. I would like to get the group together once a week for a big event.

Right now things are in the brain storming stages, and I am looking for advice, constructive criticism and players interested in stumbling through this to create a sprawling story based on material from a novel series.

The setting will be modern (2008 Earth) and it will require new character creations from the list of races I will be providing with a vague background description of each race.

Inspired by Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark Series. Lore races created by author and descriptions referenced from her texts.

The Lore
Sentient creatures that are not human united under one stratum, coexisting with, yet secret from man.

The Lykae Clan
"A proud, strapping warrior of the Keltoi People (or Hidden People, later known as Celts) was taken in his prime by a maddened wolf. The warrior rose from the dead, now an immortal, with the spirit of the beast latent within him."

- Also called werewolves, war-wolds
- Enemies of the Vampire Horde

The House of Witches
"Immortal possessors of magickal talents, practitioners of good and evil."

- Mystical mercenaries who sell their spells.
- Separated into five castes: warrior, healer, enchantress, conjurer, and seeress.

The Valkyrie
"When a maiden warrior screams for courage as she dies in battle, Woden and Freya heed her call. the two gods give up lightning to strike her, rescuing her to their hall, and preserving her courage forever in the form of the maiden's immortal Valkyrie daughter."

- Take, sustenance from the electrical energy of the earth, sharing it in one collective power, and give it back with their emotions in the form of lightning.
- Possess preternatural strength and speed.
- Without training, they can be mesmerized by shining objects and jewels.
- Also called Swan Maidens, Shield Maidens.
- Enemies of the Vampire Horde.

The Vampires
"Two warring factions, the Horde and the Forbearers."

- Vampires teleport by means of Tracing. A vampire can only trace to a destination they have previously been.

The Horde
"In the first chaos of the Lore, a brotherhood of vampires dominated, by relying on their cold nature, worship of logic and absence of mercy. They sprang from the harsh steppes of Dacia and migrated to Russia."

- Distinguished by their red eyes, a side effect of drinking victims to death.
- Enemies of most fractions in the Lore.

The Forbearers
"His crown stolen, Kristoff, the right Horde king stalked the battlefields of antiquity seeking the strongest, most valiant human warriors as they died, earning him the name of Gravewalker. He offered eternal life in exchange for eternal fealty to him and his growing army."

- An army of vampires consisting of turned humans who do not drink blood directly from the flesh.
- Enemies of the Horde.

All of these Lore creatures have been brought together in New Orleans to participate in the Talisman Hie.

The Talisman Hie
"A treacherous and grueling scavenger's hunt for magickal talismans, amulets, and other mystical riches over the entire world."

- The rules forbid killing - until the final round. Any other trickery or violence is encouraged.
- Held every two hundred fifty years.
- Hosted by Riora, the goddess of impossibility.

If anyone is interested in trying to take this material and turn it into something, please contact me via email or respond here with your contact information and I will give you more information on the particular race you are interested in.

Applesaucejellybean [at] yahoo [dot] com

Last edited:

DenMac

Explorer
Willow

This sounds, in all honesty, like something potentially really fun. Can safely say I'm interested in signing on up, highly interested. But as for being flexible.. I'm not too sure.. Can hardly bend down to touch my toes.. All jokes aside, I suffer from those dreadful time zones, though, despite that one annoyance, I'm sure if it is done on both message board and the isrp I'm sure that problem worked out easily.

As for the weekly event, I can't promise to always make it, and well truely, depending on, of course, RL Matters.. But can always try.

And last but not least. I know more dribble so sue me.. In terms of combat, can I suggest a simple dice roll for the outcome, all though that is primarily a suggestion for on site action. A roll for attack, and a roll for offence, and the highest the sucessor, simple, relatively quick, eliminates gods etc, and can be applied to all forms of combat. And with out the additions of stats etc, it stays mostly, and virtually entirely free form.

Best regards,

Chief Hugswithkisses.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
DenMac said:
This sounds, in all honesty, like something potentially really fun. Can safely say I'm interested in signing on up, highly interested. But as for being flexible.. I'm not too sure.. Can hardly bend down to touch my toes.. All jokes aside, I suffer from those dreadful time zones, though, despite that one annoyance, I'm sure if it is done on both message board and the isrp I'm sure that problem worked out easily.

As for the weekly event, I can't promise to always make it, and well truely, depending on, of course, RL Matters.. But can always try.

Once I know how many people (if any) are truly interested. I would like to get the players together to collaborate, so that everyone involved has the opportunity to give imput. Hopefully decide if this is something for chat or for a message board and work around time zone conflicts. Anything is possible with enough communication.

DenMac said:
And last but not least. I know more dribble so sue me.. In terms of combat, can I suggest a simple dice roll for the outcome, all though that is primarily a suggestion for on site action. A roll for attack, and a roll for offence, and the highest the sucessor, simple, relatively quick, eliminates gods etc, and can be applied to all forms of combat. And with out the additions of stats etc, it stays mostly, and virtually entirely free form.

This is something I considered also, because I'd like to make this as freeform and character sheet free as possible. I believe that perhaps the witches will be the only ones with some type of sheet and that will be their spell lists.

Thanks for responding! I am really looking forward to working with the community!

Mortonia

First Post
Me me me! I want to be a mercenary witch! I do I do I do!

:)

Actually I really do. Keep me informed, because I'm really interested to see where this goes.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Mortonia said:
Actually I really do. Keep me informed, because I'm really interested to see where this goes.

Sure! I'll be in contact and will try to manage a time with everyone that is good for us all to meet and talk this out more.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
I'm interested - but, you know I never promise I'll be on at any certain time. So, the weekly thing might conflict with some of my stuff. We'll see. ;) You pretty much already know my usual schedule.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Sienna_Rose said:
I'm interested - but, you know I never promise I'll be on at any certain time. So, the weekly thing might conflict with some of my stuff. We'll see. ;) You pretty much already know my usual schedule.

I agree. That is why I am thinking this may be best done via message boards. I already have someone offering me board space.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
James V said:
as long as I don't have to deal with a lot OOC with it, I'll help out certainly.

That depends on what you're wanting to help out with. I and another will be alternativing DMing when DMing is neccessary to further the storyline. There has already been another player that has offered to play disposal monsters if you're interested in that or creating a character. Of course, if you've got any recommendations on how to help it run smoothly once we get it started, that is welcomed too!

*oooos at the cool idea* I love it! *hops up and down excitedly* can I join??? 0.0

Ive gots my eyes on a witch, but which witch? *giggles*

Seriously, contact meee at unsqueekable.force (at) hotmail (dot) com

Remove ads