• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LOST 11/17/04 (Spoilers!)

Shallown

First Post
One thing on my mind is, If she left the distress signal then why did she do it in french. She spoke great english why not do it in english which is a much more common langauge? I mean other than for mystery purposes.

Also did Sayhid just give up following the cable? Wouldn't he recognize it as a power or comms cable they lay in the ocean? Maybe that is where the power comes from.

Hurely Rocks! can't wait for his story.

I also liked that the kid's father sort of forgot his son. Shows he isn't accustomed to the whole being a father deal. It shows he hasn't been a father up until a few weeks ago.

Yeah Locke is creepy but I think that just may be a red herring, A little too obvious. Also I like that someone else is helping him hunt.

Why didn't Sayid check the gun before he left with it. I would think a trained soldier would.

I think this episode left me withmore questions that messed with my suspension of belief. I still liked it and liked Sayid's story it was interesting with out over doing the twist. I liked the other characters development as well.

As for the sick guy with hives I think he was merely set dressing to show that hurley's Idea was a good one.

I hope they don't lose that ball.

later

Mystery Man

First Post
Dagger75 said:
Locke while still cool is getting.... creepy. Hard to describe just the vibe I am getting off him.
The french lady did say to "watch them". They're all going to go nutso like in that Star Trek episode where the crew goes whacko like they're all drunk or something.

jasper

Rotten DM
She spoke English the same reason all the others spoke English in show even when Sayhid spoke English in the flashback episode. For gods sake it a TV show for English speaking people.
As not checking the firing pin. Sorry I buy it. I would just check to made sure it was loaded. Especially if I am planning of E and E as soon as possible.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I just wonder what kind of ship it was, animal reseach or military reseach or...I think we may find out that the island was used to test H-bombs. I remember a number years ago the French tested one on an island not from Taiti, that caused protest from those islands. The woman said they were three days out from Taiti.

The animal "reaching in" looked to be a Elephant trunk - I know Java has them and rhinos.

Arnwyn

First Post
I was both interested and very disappointed. Hurley and the golf course rocked. Period.

But, WTF? Full electricity available? A cable coming out of the ocean? From where? Why the heck didn't Sayid stay around and ask a whole lot more questions. After 16 years, surely she must have had a lot of information about what was going on.

And they're only 3 days from Tahiti (which is my guess why she used French in her distress call - isn't it predominantly French around there?)...

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
arnwyn said:
I was both interested and very disappointed. Hurley and the golf course rocked. Period.

But, WTF? Full electricity available? A cable coming out of the ocean? From where? Why the heck didn't Sayid stay around and ask a whole lot more questions. After 16 years, surely she must have had a lot of information about what was going on.

And they're only 3 days from Tahiti (which is my guess why she used French in her distress call - isn't it predominantly French around there?)...

You know these are story lines from Gilligian's Isle, the goft course, the cable, animals, ghost...now we need a forgotten Japanese soldier in a one-man sub! :D

Soon someone will think about building a raft.

Ambrus

Explorer
Hurely Rocks! can't wait for his story.

IIRC, in an interview with the actor who plays him, it was revealed that Hurly's story would only come up in february and that he himself didn't yet know what his backstory was.

I also liked that the kid's father sort of forgot his son. Shows he isn't accustomed to the whole being a father deal.

Well I hope, for Walts sake, that he gets the hang of it soon. Lest poor Walt get killed by a monster and be forgotten entirely. :lol:

Why didn't Sayid check the gun before he left with it. I would think a trained soldier would.

Yeah. When he picked up the gun I likewise said out loud "check for bullets Sayid". ;)

As for the sick guy with hives I think he was merely set dressing to show that hurley's Idea was a good one.

It's nice that they keep introducing a few tertiary characters from time to time. It's kind of hard to accept that none of the other survivors are interesting or worth talking to.

I hope they don't lose that ball.

There's probably a dozen or so in the golf bag. Did it strike anyone else as odd that it took them the whole episode to only play two holes?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads