• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LOST 11/17/04 (Spoilers!)

Scribble

First Post
I've only seen the last two episodes of this show and already I'm hooked... Which means it probably won't last knowing my track record. :( sorry guys.

As far as last nights episode, I can see why Sayid wouldn't stick around. The woman was obviously a little nuts (or seemed that way) and armed, and willing to hurt people. Not the best place to stay. Where was he going at the end, however? Just trying to get back to base camp?

The woman herself was obviously fluent in a few languages... I heard german, french, and english... Her accent didn't sound particularily french to me either.

In the end when Sayid asks her who Alex is she says "my child" right? Not my son or my daughter... Just on a hunch I looked up the origins of the name Alex. It means "defender of mankind" hrmmm

Has anyone noticed any strange symbology going on?

Another thing I noticed was that at least two characters refferenced past lives, or another life. and the show itself is about the lives of the characters before the crash... Could that be an important concept?

They all seem to have "issues" in their lives, maybe these people all actually died in the crash and this is some sort of pergatory where they need to resolve their issues before they can go on? Maybe the crash never happened in the first place, and it's just the way you believe you end up on this place?

any thoughts?

Mystery Man

First Post
The last time I tried to make something out of more than what it is *cough* Matrix *cough* the result totally sucked. I won't do that again. I'll just ride the wave of what this show is and hope for the best.

Ambrus

Explorer
Hurley as DM

When Hurley got all excited after opening the mystery luggage my wife exclaimed: "He's found a stash of game books and dice!" :lol:

I love that woman.

We both agreed though that it would be the perfect thing to have on the show. Hurley could have set up a game and have run sessions for all the bored survivors. I would have loved to see the game get that kind of positive exposure on primetime T.V. Oh well. :cool:

ghettognome

First Post
I liked the show too.
Hurley does rock, I can't wait to see what his back story is. Hope it's good.
Anyone else notice that Sayid left the photo at the French woman's place.
Didn't she say they were doing scientific research somehwere else and a storm threw them off course and crashed into the island. that would imply that all she knows about the island she learned from living there.
Alex might be the monster, maybe the disease turned him into such.
I also do still question aobut who Sayid. If it had been the french woman, she would have taken him to here hideout then. So maybe it was alex, or maybe it was still possibly Sawyer.

Mystery Man

First Post
My wife watches Ellen since she's home during the day. Matthew Fox was the guest the other day and he said monster is not going to be a "big issue" and it may go away for awhile and possibly come back in some later shows or something to that effect.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Wow. Great, Great Episode. Lots of plot advancement.

First up? When I saw Mira Furlan's name, I was like "WHAT?!". Valanthe turns to me and says, "Oh, yeah...didn't you know? She's the french woman. I mean, you know how many languages she speaks?"

Sayid's story: Good, solid and straightforward. No blatant moralizing, no twists, like Mark Chance was expecting (and frankly, I would have been disappointed if they'd gone that route). Was that some subtle CGI or matte work with the tank and such? Nicely done if it was. As for not noticing the firing pin was missing: well, being a trained soldier doesn't mean being infalliable, especially under these conditions. I don't think he meant to leave Nadia's picture behind, either.

Danielle's revelations: Well, now. There's some crazy stuff. Let's review, shall we?

• There is another location where she set up the broadcast from
  • The Others took it over, and it's closed to her now
  • There are voices in the jungle...human voices.
  • Sayid first thought she was crazy..but now he can hear them
  • Danielle had a child named Alex that she lost
  • We don't know what Alex actually is (may not be human)
  • Danielle mentioned that there are Bears...that means the polar bear wasn't a fluke
  • We see a brief map...there are two mountain ranges
  • One side of the island is a large plane
  • It looks like something is marked on the map, but what?
  • Danielle was part of a science team coming from '3 days out of Tahiti'
  • 16 years ago, France staged its first Nuclear Test in a new location, Fangatuafa Atoll, in French Polynesia (of which Tahiti is a part). Coincidence?
  • Danielle has a hiding place, and draws power from somewhere, possibly the cable
  • Someone has a big cable..the kind use primarily for data communications, running up out of the ocean and onto the island.
  • Said cable was deliberately covered
  • Danielle claims that all her fellow scientists were taken by some madness or disease, one by one
  • Danielle was forced to kill them all, including her love, Robert
  • Danielle claims there are no such things as monsters
Whew. That's a lot.

So, what can we determine from all this? Not too much, but the writers are being very careful about what the characters say. Using things like 'it killed them all' is nice and vague. Is Danielle wacky? I think so, but I also think that she telling the truth...she's unbalanced because of what's happened, not the other way around.

What are...the Others? People? Ghosts? Aliens? Are they related to the appearance of Jack's father?

And most importantly...why did Hurley talk like a Parrot? :)

Oh, and as predicted, Hurley continues to rock. Walt and Locke are odd. Not bad, but odd. I'm curious how this will all play out.

Man, I love that show.

Nellisir

Hero
A few quick thoughts - the sheathing on the cable coming out of the ocean was partially frayed, exposing the actual cable. Unless there's an inner sheath, it's dead as far as electricity goes. I suspect it's a remnant of an earlier time.

I could be wrong, but didn't Daniella say, re the loud noise, "if we're lucky it's the bears?" Strongly implies there are worse creatures that make loud noises -- I'm guessing tigers, myself. Some kind of illicit wildlife experimentation 16 years ago, and the animal enclosures got damaged....

I thought I saw an elephant's trunk at just about the same time, like it was in a stable behind the shelter, but I'm probably wrong. That'd be a pretty big thing for Sayid to miss.

I still think the "tree-destroyer" is an elephant or elephants. Locke would probably think that was pretty cool.

Missing 16-18 year old kid, wild animals, lost island...anyone else getting Tarzan flashes?

Cheers
Nell.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads