Lost Eberron 4E Style: Combat over, Level up!

EvolutionKB

First Post
Stellan sheds his bindings cutting the hobgoblin right across the upper chest with his battleaxe. Before any of the goblinoids can yell, the axe slices back, lodging in Hooks' side. From the jungle beyond, a ray of magic strikes the hobgoblin full in it's back.

Hooks: -42 bloodied
C
W
N

[sblock=ooc]Yes, everybody can increase their AP by one.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Lorn took a deep breath to steady his nerves, foes so rarely afforded an opportunity like this, it would not do to screw it up. From the cover of the trees he carefully worked his spell. As he completed the incantation Lorn swept his staff up causing the shadows of the surrounding area to come to twisting life rushing into the middle of the enemy where dark tendrils, clawing and raking, sprang up from the ground.

[sblock=ooc]

Good idea Ata.

Grasping Shadows: Int+CA vs Will [Burst 1 centered on P20] (Target Order: N, W, C[Q19], H, C[Q21]) (1d20+7=25, 1d20+7=14, 1d20+7=17, 1d20+7=19, 1d20+7 =17) Disregard the wrong campaign name, my fingers are confused.
Psychic Damage (2d8+5=18) and target is slowed until the end of your next turn. Effect: The bust creates a zone of writhing shadows that lasts until the end of your next turn. Each creature that enters the zone takes 5 psychic damage and is slowed until the end of its next turn.

[edit: Hah, AP has been errated already. Damage should actually be 12, not 18.]

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Lorn Spellwright- Male Human Wizard 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC:18, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:21/23, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:4/7
Action Points: 2
Powers -
Magic Missle
Scorching Blast
Thunderwave

Grasping Shadows
Staff of Defense
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere
Power Jewel (Must have reached a milestone today)

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Lorn calms himself, if thing go their way, they should free Stellan without much trouble. Chanting arcane words, shadows burst from the area, grasping and pulling at the goblinoids. Two of the creatures clutch their hands over their ears and fall over, blood pools from their eyes, mouths, and noses. The swarm of lizards screeches, crawling over each other in distress, the area attack affects all of them, doing better than an axe could. The third goblin cringes as the shadows assault him. Hooks roars, dropping his poker as he falls to the ground.

Hooks: dead
C: dead
W: -12
N: -17

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Some how I expected Hooks to have more HP than that.

Anyway, like Ata suggested, I'd like to knock Hook unconscious rather than killing him.

[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'll allow it. He's still breathing, but down. You ko'ed him by 1 hp. I took him off the map for the moment.[/sblock]

Attachments

• The torture session, surprise round update 1.xls
    19.5 KB · Views: 87

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: I have 22 papers to grade, so I'll be brief today.

Hesh rushed out of the forest, flail held high. Smashing at one of the foes, he tries to lure another forward.

OOC: Charge to O21 (its equally close to Hesh as P21, but no difficult terrain) and use Luring Focus on N: Fort 16, 6hp and pull W to P20.

garyh

First Post
With no sound but the heavy fall of his stone feet, Xandren charges the group of lizards, hoping to cut them down before they can grow tentacles.

[sblock=Mechanics]Standard action - Charge N, the lizards, ending in square N20.

Charge N (1d20+8+1=20, 1d12+4=11)

Hits AC 20 for 11 damage. Marking N.[/sblock]

[sblock=Xandren's Info]Xandren- "Male" Warforged Fighter 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:17, Fort:16, Reflex:12, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:30/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/11
Action Points: 2, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Footwork Lure
Reaping Strike

Covering Attack
Warforged Resolve

Comeback Strike

Full character sheet[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Hesh charges forward neverminding the writhing shadows that Lorn conjured, swinging his flail at the group of lizards beyond the log. Even as the shadows assault his mind he makes contact with a few of them scattering a few of them lifeless on the ground. Xandren charges against them as well, coming from the brush. His great blade swings among them and several of the lizards die, but many more are able to dodge his blade.

The lizards screech loudly and swarm over Xandren. The sheer amount of them pulls him to the ground. The lizards bite and claw into his stony flesh, and the warrior becomes worried about being overwhelmed.

[sblock=ooc]25 vs fort of Xandren, pulling him prone. 26 vs AC of Xandren, for 15 damage.[/sblock]

The small lizards screeches are echoed from within the cave. Two large reptiles(D) emerge from behind the hides. They move together off to the side. A hacking sound emerges from their throat, and acid flies out from their mouths toward Hesh. The acid strikes the wood of the tree bench that the hobgoblin stands near, sizzling and smoking.

[sblock=ooc]Drakes miss Hesh w/ 11 and nat vs reflex.[/sblock]

Init: Round 1
N: 19-Acted
D: 17-Acted
Lorn: 16
W: 14
Stellan: 12
Hesh: 11
Xandren: 10
Thormir: 2

Xandren: HP:15/30 Surges left:9/11(7) AP: 3--prone-bloodied
Lorn: HP:21/23 Surges left: 4/7(5) AP: 2
Thormir: Hp:27/32+1t Surges left: 10/11(8) AP:2 Item Power:1
Hesh: 21/26 HS 7/9(6) 2 AP Item power: 0
Stellan: 15/30, Surges: 7/10(7)
Hooks: unconscious
C: dead
W: -12
N: -25 bloodied
D:
[sblock=stats from last encounter]
Xandren: 27/30 HS 10/11(7) 2 AP
Lorn: 16/23 HS 5/7(5) 1 AP-Marked by skeleton
Hesh: 13/26 HS 9/9(6) 1 AP--Marked by skeleton-bloodied
Thormir: 27/32 1 THP HS 10/11(8) 1 AP

GaryH, if you want to start with 30 hp, you need to spend a surge. I used two surges plus extra hp for Hesh(his power recharged after 5 min).[/sblock]

Attachments

• The torture session, round 1 update 1.xls
    19.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Remove ads