Lost Eberron 4E Style: Combat over, Level up!

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I did notice that. They posted that before I declared they had time to set an ambush. I'm just making sure that they realize that and are quite a distance from where the opponents are expected to be.

Edit: When the surprise round happens, I'll just run the init in the order of your post, triggered by what I would assume is Stellan's action.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]mmm, I see what you mean. My reasoning was that we'd probably act when enemies come close to stellan. That'd put them in Thormir's reach. Well I hope I wasn't wrong[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
As The Lost get into position, arguing can be heard from coming out of the cave. Finally, Hooks, the large hobgoblin with all manner of torture instruments attached to his belt emerges from the cave. The small swarm of lizards follows him. Three goblins also emerge from the cave, holding several sharpened bamboo poles. Hooks then places the bamboo poles into the ground and picks up his red hot iron poker. He blackens the tips, and steps in front of Stellan. "Bamboo continues to grow even after removed from the ground, no matter what gets in it's way. As it grows through your body, perhaps the blood will draw what lurks in the clouds." The hobgoblin looks to the sky and thunder rumbles in response.

[sblock=ooc]Act whenever you are ready, surprise round will play out in post order. C's are gobs with short swords. W is a goblin with javelins. H is Hooks(hob). N is the swarm of small lizards.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map notes]The logs are the parallel lines and are difficult terrain. The grey squares are tangles of brush that are also difficult terrain. The green squares are forest which provide cover. The two brownish squares are the entrance to the cave(which are covered by doors of fur, blocking LoS). The path to the left of the cave (NO 9-13) is a slope that leads to the top of the cave(10' high) and is difficult terrrain to ascend. As I said, the the squares bound by the bold line of the cave but not the slope (NO 9-13) are above the rest of the battlefield and 10' up. The orange square near Stellan is the fire w/ the iron pot with bubbling liquid.[/sblock]

Attachments

• The torture session, surprise round..xls
    19.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Thormir waits till the big hobgoblin is within his range, and unleashes a powerful blast right in the middle of his back.

[sblock=actions]Eldritch blast vs H 21 vs Ref, 15 dmg (counted CA in the attack roll)[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Thormir Brassbeard, Dwarf Warlock 1
Init:-1 Speed:5 Insight:16 Perception:11, low-light vision
AC:14 For:16 Ref:14 Will:13
Hp:27/32+1t Surge:8 Surges/d:10/11
SW:1/1 AP:1 Item Power:1
Basic attack(ranged): eldritch blast +5 vs Ref,1d10+7 dmg, rng10
Basic/opportunity attack(melee): warhammer +2 vs AC, 1d10+1 dmg
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke
Diabolic Grasp
Flames of Phlegetos, Cape of the mountebank[/sblock]

ooc:I'm not really sure, but perhaps we have a new AP?

Redclaw

First Post
Even as Hooks walks toward him, Stellan feels the haft of his new axe itching in his hand. He hasn't ever been spurred by personal revenge to the extent that he his now. He watches, waits, and tries to look concerned as his torturer approaches. Finally, as Hooks looks to the sky, leaving himself completely open, Stellan drops the bindings he has been holding, and brings his axe around in a vicious slice, aiming for the where the hobgoblin's neck meets its shoulder. Before anyone gets a chance to react, the axe comes flying back in from the other side, tearing into the hobgoblin's side. Enjoying the look of surprise that appears on Hooks' face, Stellan grins and replies, Why don't we just use your blood and save the time?

[sblock=ooc] Wildblood Frenzy vs. Hooks, hits AC 22 for 13 and hits AC 24 for 14. Way to go IC! It likes cinematic moments, I guess.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stat Block] Stellan Scarhide, Longtooth Shifter Warden 1
Init 0, Speed 6, Insight 14, Perception 20, Low-light Vision
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Ref: 11, Will: 15
HP: 15/30, Surge: 7, Surges:
SW: 1/1, AP: 0/1, Item Power: 1/1
Powers: Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Earth Shield Strike, Thorn Strike
Wildblood Fury, Longtooth Shifting
Form of the Relentless Panther
Wounding Battleaxe[/sblock]

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Since the situation changed slightly and I haven't actually taken my turn yet can I take a different action rather than the ready? (If I can the rest of you might not want to get into the square (O,P,Q/19,20,21) all the enemies are in before I go.)

On a different note, I was looking at AP and I noticed they changed Grasping Shadows slightly, should I use the updated version?

[/sblock]

Remove ads