• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost, May 29; Season Finale

dravot said:
It was? It seemed like a standard size coffin to me.
Nope. Quite small. If you look at Jack in this episode standing in front of it, it's quite apparant that he can reach both ends at once. This was also apparant when it first was shown at the end of last season.

Watch out for spoilers but there's a good screenshot of it here.

I'd been trying to suss it all season and the best I could reason was that because of the small size it had to either be Walt, MAYBE Ben who is smallish, or some entirely new character - which it sort of is given the name.

Now I'm wondering if the body is actually missing legs or something so that it'd fit sensibly.

Last edited:

Arnwyn

First Post
Much better than I thought it would be, and certainly better than the garbage I had to suffer throughout Season 3 and much of this season.

That 'alien artifact' thingy was pretty cool, and I can see the relation between that and the 4-toed statue.

Unfortunate about Locke and Jin - hopefully they'll find a way to bring 'em back/keep them alive, as I like both of them. Ben continues to suck, and his death would be appreciated. Soon, please. The newcomers (Faraday, etc) also suck.

I don't know why the 'ghosts' are giving conflicting signals. Charlie and others want them all back, Claire doesn't. Hmph.

Arnwyn

First Post
Darkwolf71 said:
No. Claire, as a mother, doesn't want Aaron brought back. Huge difference.
That's what I said. ;)

I'm curious as to what the difference is. (Honestly - that's the conflicting signal that's confusing me.)

Krug

Newshound
Hmm just keeps one guessing. Sometimes I just want to throw in the towel for this series. I feel after all the time invested in it, the final resolution is going to disappoint.

The main characters are starting to get really dull. Even the mercenary, who seemed to be a carbon copy of every B-movie goon, didn't help the story much. In fact, I was more concerned for the pilot than the O6.

So now the question is... why do they need to get back on the island, and why everybody? Won't the other five hate Jack's guts for bringing them back? (Except for Hurley maybe)

O well ... onto next season! Though at least this season was definitely better than the previous.

Last edited:

Taelorn76

First Post
Arnwyn said:
Much better than I thought it would be, and certainly better than the garbage I had to suffer throughout Season 3 and much of this season.

That 'alien artifact' thingy was pretty cool, and I can see the relation between that and the 4-toed statue.

I just watched it this morning and unless I missed something, what alien artifact are you talking about?

Arnwyn said:
Unfortunate about Locke and Jin - hopefully they'll find a way to bring 'em back/keep them alive, as I like both of them. Ben continues to suck, and his death would be appreciated. Soon, please. The newcomers (Faraday, etc) also suck.

I don't know why the 'ghosts' are giving conflicting signals. Charlie and others want them all back, Claire doesn't. Hmph.

Claire doesn't care if the others go back, she just doesn't want Aaron to go back there. That is how I understood it.

Taelorn76

First Post
One the whole I thought it was a really good episode. Did any one else catch the commercial towards the end for that research company. I think it was called "the octagon company". I need to go back and re-watch it. They are starting up the viral advertising again.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Taelorn76 said:
I just watched it this morning and unless I missed something, what alien artifact are you talking about?

I think he meant the frozen room with the spoked wheel Ben turned to move the island. I don't think it was alien, myself, at least i don't think it was created by extraterresterials. Ben wandered by a column with what looked like petrogliphs on it...

Taelorn76 said:
I think it was called "the octagon company". I need to go back and re-watch it...

Yeah… I saw that too. The ad said it was going to be a job fair in San Diego July 24 – 27 (Is that ComiCon or something?). I wish I was going to be in SD then.

There are real and legitimate “Octagon” companies based in South Africa, California and New York, among other places. But the one we want is “Octagon Global Recruiting.”

http://www.octagonglobalrecruiting.com/

By the way, what shapes are the Dharma logo’s scattered across the island?

Remove ads