LotFP's James Raggi says he'll ban anybody who talk about Zak S controversy

Considering the Lamentations spaces are some of the last few spots where Zak S isn't banned, yeah, this isn't a good look at all. Not that Lamentations/Raggi haven't already more than overflowed on their amount of "not good looks."

Lol 🦌 lord.

sorry but anyone willing to allow a serial abuser and rapist into their space, repeatedly, and defend their presence over the right of others to call them out, isn’t ever getting a penny from me.

You are, of course, free to hang out with whoever you like. It does seem like you are using a very broad brush, however.

Personally, I'd be happy to hang out with Alan Turing or Stephen Fry, for instance.
Point taken :) Those examples, so would I.

Though I was trying to use general language, not definitive absolutes. I should know better than assuming folks here will not jump on any statement as if it were an absolute. Too hard to assume common sense and good will in an internet discussion. (Admittedly though, often with good reason.)

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I just hope Patrick Stuart and Scrap Princess dont sink with the boat and can attach their excellent material to a more progressive and less toxic game. IIRC, Scrap had a big falling out with Zak a little before the whole Mandy thing came to light, which is a good thing. I recently got the re-edition of Deep Carbon Observatory, and Veins of the Earth is my go to resource for underground adventure, no matter the game system I use. I wanted to buy a hardcover Maze of the Blue Medusa, but since Zak's name is plastered on the cover, I passed on that one.

In a dream life, Stuart would write new material for Beyond the Wall :p

aramis erak

Legend
It was not clear whether he believed it, expected to be believed, or was being over-dramatic for some other reason. Which is why I replied. He seemed capable of responding, as his response shows. It wasn't pendantic: he made a claim, I questioned that claim, he clarified.

Actually, in the USA free speech is an inalienable right of all. People can, and do, hate whomever they want.

You sound very much like the people who were defending Jim Crow and segregation in my youth. They had the same 'the end justified the means' attitude, too.

Me, personally, I vastly preferred the days when a person could feel comfortable enough to call me a racial slur. You see, that way I knew exactly how he felt. There were no surprises.

Now, with all the white liberals out making things tougher for us (which seems deliberate, IMO), people keep their opinions to themselves.

It hasn't changed anyone's opinion, but it has built a better bigot: now we (people of color) can never be sure what our boss/coworker/etc thinks about us.

Like I said: my life with a different skin tone has given me a different outlook.
You're not the first person of color I've encountered to note the bit about slurs...

An acquaintance of mine, Maud, has commented upon the lack of visual clues to bigotry in the PNW compared to Louisiana and Mississippi. And upon overreaction by non-minorities that makes life harder for minority individuals.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Too hard to assume common sense and good will in an internet discussion. (Admittedly though, often with good reason.)

The problem with assuming is that... you're often wrong. If you state as an absolute, you may not really mean it. But when the other guy does it, he does really mean it.

It pays to say what you really, actually mean when you are in plain text.

Remove ads