[LOTR] - IM so G L U M...

EOL

First Post
I think this is like any competition you always low-ball the first contestant because you want to have room in case later contestants are better. Imagine if LoTR had won 7 or 8 oscars, and the Two Towers comes out and it's even better. Where to you go from there? Plus it seems like then you have to give Two Towers at least as many. I agree with Mark just wait till Oscars 2004....

psionotic

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse..

A very similar thing happened with the first two Godfather films. The first won several awards, including Best Picture, and was proclaimed as one of the best films ever. Then the second came out, and won best picture again. (Many, including myself, think that the second one is actually superior to the first)

Of course, by the time Godfather 3 came out, Coppola had already proved himself mortal with a string of lesser films. Even though it was nominated for several awards, it was shut out pretty completely.

EOL said:
I think this is like any competition you always low-ball the first contestant because you want to have room in case later contestants are better. Imagine if LoTR had won 7 or 8 oscars, and the Two Towers comes out and it's even better. Where to you go from there? Plus it seems like then you have to give Two Towers at least as many. I agree with Mark just wait till Oscars 2004....

Remove ads