Lou's (3.5/Homebrew Gestalt) Hold Back the Flood - OOC

Lou

Explorer
The word is out that a small group of adventurers is wanted to accept a commission for a special assignment at the main wall at the border to the Savage Lands. Strange that someone would want to put a special squad on the wall when the Confederation Council has just publicly announced that the army was being recalled from the wall, since the Savage Lands no longer threaten the Confederation.

Looking for 3-5 players to accept the challenge. Special gestalt rules given here.

Update: Looks like we may have 3 interested players.... Could use 0-2 more.

More Background: PCs are from an area inside a ring of exceptionally high mountains called the Crescent, about 2000 miles N-S and 1500 miles W-E. The only passable exit is to the east to the Savage Lands. Mount Zune to the N is the highest mountain known, over 35,000 feet high, home to the gods. It is continually in the clouds. The various nations inside the Crescent long ago formed a Confederation Council to oversee issues that affect all nations inside the Crescent. Building and manning the three walls between the Crescent and the Savage Lands was one of those issues. About 100 years ago, Prince Barrat led the mission to build the walls and end the invasions from the Savage Lands. The Prince returned to parades and statues, but no one else from his expedition was ever heard from. According to Prince Barrat, his group were all heroes, dying to protect the Crescent from the aggressors from the Savage Lands. At his recommendation, an army was raised and sent to man the walls to prevent further invasions. Prince Barrat retired to his castle decades ago, insisting that he wanted to die at home undisturbed. The Confederation Council has an honor guard at the castle to prevent looting. No one has lived in the castle for the last 8 years.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Couple of questions, if I may. :)

First...how are ab...nevermind, you have that on your webpage. I'm a goofball. Proceed to next question. :)

Second, what sourcebooks are you allowing beyond Core (if any) for classes, equipment, spell selections, feats, etc?

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Sourcebooks

I don't own many of the 3.5 sourcebooks, so I rely mainly on d20SRD and some misc. things I've picked up.

What classes are you interested in?

I have now updated the the HBF pages on the wiki. Slight change in plans from the original.

[sblock=summonings]
Hey @Leif, @Scotley, @Mowgli, @mleibrock,
Look what I did!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Scotley-he should, but you may want to consider that in this game, there are not the same restrictions on magic use.

Shayuri

First Post
Well, I'm still noodling concepts, but the Warlock class figures prominantly in at least two that I'm considering. The Scout class, from Complete Adventurer is another that is attractive...

And as long as I'm wheedling, do you allow warforged PC's? Not necessarily as a race, but more like a unique thing...perhaps the result of a mad mage's technomantic tinkering, or an ancient construct returned to animation after a millenia of stasis.

Oh! And the Heritage feats from Complete Arcane and Complete Mage. Hee.

(^_^)

Lou

Explorer
Shayuri-No to the warforged. Material in Complete Arcane and Complete Mage are approved. Thinking about eldritch theurge?

Shayuri

First Post
Understood.

I was actually looking at the Fey Heritage feats. A fey-themed warlock, gestalted with Sorceror has potential...

Haven't thought too hard on PrC yet, if any.

Or perhaps the result of a magical experiment gone awry...

Hehe. Thank you though...Arcane and Mage give me plenty of toys to play with. :)

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=summonings]
Hey @Leif, @Scotley, @Mowgli, @mleibrock,
Look what I did!
[/sblock]
Ah, so, you have done well, Grasshopper! :]

About my character -- I'm thinking...hmmmmm...plan class Paladin Fighter, gestalt class rogue to start, going for some levels of druid [or more likely Cleric] in fairly short order. Race: Elf.
(Please don't hold me to that just yet, need to mull more. ;) And I have no ideas about PrC yet.) (But I imagine that Fighter has lots more fun PrC options that Paladin. ;) )

Last edited:

Remove ads