Love and gaming

Arravis

First Post
I met my wife through EverQuest, we knew each other about 2 years before we met in person. Six months later she moved in, 3 years later we got married :).
As far as D&D, she comes from a long line of gamers... her mother and father are both gamers, as are all her siblings. Worked out quite well for me, hehe :).

My current BF/fiance I met when he was dating a friend of mine. He introduced me to gaming, they eventually broke up, and we eventually started dating after that. Still together and gaming, 7 years later. :)

GwydapLlew

First Post
I've met several of my ex-girlfriends through LARPing. I met my last long-term girlfriend through a MUD, and I introduced her to D&D and LARPing. I met my current girlfriend at a V:tM LARP and, while she has tried D&D, she prefers LARP to TT.

Robert Ranting

First Post
While I've known my s/o's family for 15 years and have been good friends with two of her older brothers in that time, it wasn't until we started playing D&D together that our relationship started in earnest.

I was a Sophomore in college, and I came back home occassionally to play D&D with my younger friends who were still seniors in highschool. So we make our characters, and I have this dashing Human Fighter/Rogue and my future s/o builds an Elven Bard, both of us with 16-17 Charisma scores. Whenever we needed to book a room at an inn, or get a good price on goods, we would bluff being newlyweds, at which point, she would physically roleplay by latching onto my arm. Oblivious, I thought she was just getting into character, but I eventually found out that she had a crush on me which had persisted for some time before this. Well, some time passes, and one day after a session has been called to a close, I realize that she's still holding onto my arm, out-of-character. That night, the DM contacted me via AIM and told me that it was in my best interests to ask her out. I tried to protest, thinking it would be awkward to date the little sister of two good friends, but the DM had already contacted her brothers and had their comments at the ready: "I don't care" and "If Bob dosen't ask my sister out, I'm going to kick his @**"

So I offered to take her out for her birthday, which was coming up, and now we've been happily together for three years. Hopefully, in a couple of years we will be financially stable enough (with her out of college), that we can actually *be* newlyweds instead of roleplaying it. :)

Robert "Looking Forward to Her Upcoming Game" Ranting

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
I met my wife through the community theater group we're both a part of. I found out a couple days into the relationship that she was a gamer, so I knew she was a keeper. :)

Jolly Giant

First Post
When I first met my wife, she had zero knowledge of gaming. She had watched the Narnia TV series, and that was the extent of her knowledge about the fantasy genre. I first introduced her to the Magic CCG, which she loved; then to D&D, which she loved even more.

Now she's a dedicated roleplayer and a devoted fan of all things fantasy. As the LotR movies were released on DVD, she was the one who couldn't wait until the extended versions came out. She had to have the theatre versions to tie her over while we waited for the extended versions, even though we had of course seen them at the cinema already. :cool:

Lalato

Adventurer
I'm in the same boat as some others. My wife has absolutely no desire to play RPGs. Boardgames: Yes. Computer Games: Yes. RPGs: No!

She told me once that she felt intimidated by it. I haven't pushed it.
--sam

Xyanthon said:
I'm sort of in a similar situation as you two. Way back in highschool when my wife and I were artsy punk types, I played a game of 1e AD&D with her and some other mutual friends. I don't remember her being that interested in the game itself but she didn't hate it. Fastforward some 14 years and we get married. She knows I'm a bigtime fantasy addict. She still doesn't game. However, whenever I did have my friends over to play, they would bring their SOs and the guys would game while the girls would do other things. We'd then all have dinner together. It made for a pretty good time. She liked the fact that I have a good social hobby that keeps me off the streets, heh. She still likes to razz me about being a nerd and all, but she loves nerds :D .

My wife gives me crap about being a geek/nerd all the time. I just laugh at her and say, "Ha, ha! You married a nerd!"

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads