• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lowest Attack Bonus possible?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Give him Weapon Finesse and a DEX of 3?

A Dex of 1, even. That's -5, and no strength bonus, -1 more. Need to be proficient, though, so that's +4.

With finesse, the armor check penalty of a shield applies - a Tower Shield works out better than a spiked large shield. No TWF penalty - +6 - but the tower shield check penalty is -10.

Total modifier of -6 to the -77 : we're down to -83.

-Hyp.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Fighting with weapon and shield in wrong hands (i.e., not ambidextrous and weapon in left hand).

I already added that - it wasn't in the initial -73 count, but it's included in the -83.

-Hyp.

Zhure

First Post
Hypersmurf said:

I already added that - it wasn't in the initial -73 count, but it's included in the -83.

-Hyp.

Does it show I'm feverish? I'm lucky to string two words together coherently.

Darklone

Why power attack?

Go for a multiclass char with no BAB due to bard, rogue, wizard, sorcerer, monk, cleric levels... then add PRClasses. Then lower Str to minimum, add entangle and all the fun...

Zhure

First Post
Re: Why power attack?

Darklone said:
Go for a multiclass char with no BAB due to bard, rogue, wizard, sorcerer, monk, cleric levels... then add PRClasses. Then lower Str to minimum, add entangle and all the fun...

If you're using Power Attack, all BAB's work out to be the same in the end, since your penalty is equal to your begining bonus. Might as well use a fighter-type.

Greg

Darklone

Re: Re: Why power attack?

Zhure said:

If you're using Power Attack, all BAB's work out to be the same in the end, since your penalty is equal to your begining bonus. Might as well use a fighter-type.

Greg

No since you lose the Str penalty to hit then. But that greater expertise is a good reason to have BAB 20 since you can substract it TWICE ;)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads