[LPF] Crab a la King

Caim

First Post
Mortar shacks his head in agreement as the he stands in the waist high water. "Aye, we dwarves are not an aquatic type of people. The only water I like is in me ale." Mortar inchs through the rising water.

fggs02

First Post
Fester bows his head and says a brief prayer on behalf of the two lizardfolk.

He asks that the lizardfolk find the wisdom to make wiser choices in the future because next time death may claim them before they are ready.

Fester assumes that all material items have been secured, so he begins the journey back to the city of glass.

AxeM

First Post
The party quickly recovers the lizard's stuff before escaping the rising tide for dry ground. It gets dark before you reach Venza but never the less the trip home is uneventful. Back in the City of Glass figuring out the specifics of the items is fairly trivial

Checking out the loot recovered form the lizardfolk you find:

2x Fine looking morningstars with black leather grips (Masterwork Morningstar, 308gp each; 616 total)
A bag with 5 perfectly round white pearls (100gp each, 500gp total)
A Backpack that clearly does not belong to them (2gp) with a set of Masterwork Thieves' tools (100gp) along with a small vial of very still slightly blueish water. (Potion of Invisibility 300gp) and a wooden stick covered in intricately carved frog designs (Wand of Jump 15 charges remaining) and 59gp.

Returning to Zitteaux he seems delighted to see you.
"Ahhh ze frog eggs, brilliant!" Upon looking at the amount and quality of the eggs he seems somewhat disappointed.
"Ahh well zees will have to do, at least zeere won't be any executions this week. Here, I hope you eat well for some time"
Zitteaux carefully puts a bag of coins on "zee" table.
"Now go! I must begin zee preperations!"

The bag contains 150 gp. Not bad for a days work.

GM: [MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION] our judge, will help make sure I get this all right: Since in LPF items sell for full value selling or keeping items will have no effect on your total treasure value. It is important to figure out if somebody ends up with things like the wand of jump or if it goes to the arcane shop though.

Each of you has earned 390.4gp worth of treasure, if you really get stuck with multiple people desperately wanting an item I suggest rolling off although i don't anticipate any problems here.

Also HolyMan will help me figure out the time rewards and such once we are done.

After everything is sorted out you all find a hot meal waiting for you in the common room.

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki heads into zee common room to grab ze hot meal.

OOC: First adventure question: Do I update my character sheet on ze wiki for ze adventure log? Or does ze judge do that?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Rewards] Great little game I should think of running something like it. Ok here is some official numbers and totals.

Experience:
Skill Challenge CR1/2: 200xp / 5 players = 40xp each
Cave Fisher CR2: 600xp / 5players = 120xp each
Lizardfolk CR3: 800xp / 5 players = 160xp each
Time XP: Length of Game: 20 days x 7xp/day = 140xp each

Total XP per player = 460xp

Treasure:
Skill Challenge CR1/2: 200gp / 5 players = 40gp each
Cave Fisher CR2: 800gp / 5 players = 160gp each
Lizardfolk CR3: 1,200gp / 5 players = 240gp each
Time GP: Length of Game: 20 days x 6gp/day = 120gp each

Total GP per player = 580gp

DM Credit's Earned: 2 DMC[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
I think that if any player wants to take his total gp and buy something out of the items pot (below)they may. Anything left un-bought is assumed to be cashed in (and then added to the Mystic Pearl List) and distributed out as gp. So a players total gp will not exceed 580gp.

Example a player wants only one of the masterwork morningstars. He adds that to his sheet and 272gp. He may spend the gp left over, (272) on potions and things at the Mystic Pearl if he wishes.

As AxeM suggested you should roll off if two people wish for the same item. And please do treasure division here, when you are done and character sheets are updated let me know here.

Please add a link to this adventure to your character sheet also. Thanks.

Item Pot:
2x Masterwork Morningstar, 308gp each
5x pearls, 100gp each
Backpack 2gp
Masterwork Thieves' tools, 100gp
Potion of Invisibility 300gp
Wand of Jump (15 charges) 225gp.[/sblock]

[sblock=AxeM] Great job. Then this was an excellent get you feet wet time run. And Shipyard Rats will give you some NPC's for some added RP action. As you may have noticed I changed the gold and XP around a little. Need to use the table for XP by CR table to keep everyone even. There really isn't a CR that gives 150xp so I upped it to CR1/2 to give it a reference point. Which changed the gold a little but I don't think these are major changes.

am going to post the links to each character below. Please just quote this post then copy the part below and paste in in your first post for this adventure, so when the players are done I can use the link to check the characters. Thanks in advance.

Elessar Whisperwind - CR1T1C4L
Fester - fggs02
Korey McKragg - DrJest
Mortar Foehammer - Terrible Swift Sword
Yoshiki Akita - deisenhut
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=HM]A DM earns 2 DMC even if his adventure lasts less than a full 30 days. If it lasts longer than 30 days but less than 60 he won't get DMC for the fraction of a month. I edited the DMC award for Crab a la King on the wiki.[/sblock]

Remove ads