• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Crypt of the Everflame (01)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Careful!" Ravenath screams to Iosef, who moved between he and his target, "I could have burned you!" The warrior/mage moves nimbly to take line of effect with the golem and keeps firing his power, again scoring a telling blow!

Kalgor and Gragnor continue their steady attacks, and splinters fly. The Eidolon speaks as he slashes with razor claws. "It has a keyhole in the back of the beast."

Anaerion's shimmering globe of acid flies in from the north and smacks the golem full in the chest; it immediately begins burning its way into the construct.

Kalgor grunts as he brings his greatsword around for another solid blow; the massive wooden statue pauses momentarily before it begins to topple. The combatants in the pit move adroitly out of the way as the thing falls to the floor with a great rattling of wood on stone.

[sblock=OOC]I found I'd listed the AC incorrectly - the adventure writers modified this creature from the original stats and I missed the change in AC. It made no difference in the combat, as the missed attacks were low enough to also miss the correct AC, but it did mean that Anaerion's second acid orb was a hit.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Crypt of the Everflame.jpg
    Crypt of the Everflame.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 71

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor and Gragnor

Kalgor and Gragnor search the "body" and the rest of the room for anything interesting, even though we cannot loot the body and take anything out of the crypt without disturbing the curse. Take the time to determine which key was the one that should have gone into the back of the automaton. (sooty or well?)[sblock=search]a take 20 search by Gragnor is a 32.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The only potential treasure in the room is the matched set of massive wooden tower shields the golem was using. Kalgor quickly determines that the well key fits the hole in the construct's back.

[sblock=OOC]It's only the treasure that actually belongs here - that which was originally buried with Haatse or the villagers - to which the curse pertains.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You perceive neither trap nor sound of occupants on the other side of the door. Trying the door reveals that it is locked; there is a keyhole just above the handle.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The shields have no magical aura; they're just great wooden monstrosities, unwieldy and quite heavy.

The key from the pool fits the lock on the southern door perfectly, and turns with a smooth action. The door opens to reveal a small chamber with a table on the opposite side of the room. On top of this table are a number of items, each with a small note attached.

Examination of the notes reveals that they were left by the villagers who were sent to prepare the tomb for the arrival of the village youths. There are four notes, each with the name of one of the youths that were to be sent and an explanation of the accompanying item. Along with the notes, you find the following:

Note 01: A rapier of extraordinary workmanship (Masterwork)
Note 02: A Wand of Mage Armor (10 Charges) and a scroll of Web.
Note 03: A potion of Bear's Endurance and an Oil of Magic Weapon
Note 04: A finely crafted dagger (Masterwork)

Attachments

• Crypt of the Everflame.jpg
    Crypt of the Everflame.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 65

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor casts detect magic to see if the weapons are more than just finely crafted. "Let's divide up this stuff and move on. The oil would be useful on my big blade, if we come across a need for enchanted weapons again."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads