• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Darkness Rising

Satin Knights

First Post
"I don't know. Manticores have spiked tails, so I don't think it one of them." Catching his breath, "I am the senior priest here. Everyone in the area knows my name. I haven't seen that thing before."
[sblock=ooc]Waiting patiently for Agno's action (to heal himself likely) for round four before moving on.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno starts abruptly when Keeling flaps his wings and buffets Agno in the face.

"Hurrr! What?! Oh, yes."

Assessing his own wounded condition he lets Larissa deal with Relios while he casts a curing spell upon himself.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]CLW: 1d8+5=8[/sblock]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 14
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 34/40 remaining
8 arrows w/daybreak
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 remaining
Channel Energy: 1/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 4/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 5/7 remaining
Totem Transformation: 2/4 minutes remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
3rd level: cure moderate wounds, daylight, fly (D)
2nd level: chill metal, lesser restoration, share language, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Relios hobbles over to the darkened crystals. Pulling out and palming a holy symbol, he traces his fingers in the shape of a doorway while casting. Agno and Larissa recognize the spell as stone shape. The crystals separate, unlocking their intertwined nature and the door segment retracts upwards. "I need all of you in here to do this. Gather around the pedestal. But absolutely do not touch anything until I tell you." He adjusts the holy symbol of Helerion that hangs around his neck to make sure that it is prominently displayed in proper regal fashion before getting ready to enter the room.

Looking into the the crystal vault, you see a large crystal sitting upon a stone pedestal. Around the pedestal stands four statues as guards, each grasping a long sword and waiting with the patience of stone. Behind each of the statues, a mighty weapon hangs on the wall. To the north, an emerald mace. To the west, a warhammer whose head glows in a rainbow of colors. To the south, a longsword made from a single crystal of amethyst. To the east, a tower shield stands that seems to almost be ablaze as reds and yellows dance across its face.

[sblock=start round five]Tyrien levels. :lol: Larissa levels. :lol: Agno needs another 237 xp and will level again. Numbers here. Agno, go ahead and start leveling too.

At the moment, line of sight to the weapons is blocked. They will show on the map once someone with light gets inside.

All BLESS +1 Attacks and Saves vs. Fear 2.9 minutes
63/63 AC 22 Larissa ~ Bull's STR 3.1 min, +5 Stealth, move 30', Heroism,
14/43 AC 18 Agno ~ bow in hand ~ 7 daybreak arrows, Daylight lit bow
18/18 AC 17 Keeling (shoulder perch)
28/5? AC 16 Relios ~ mace and wand in hand, daylight on mace, Moved, Cast Stone Shape
56/56 AC 24 Tyrien ~ bow in hand ~ 28 daybreak arrows, Prot f/Evil 3.0 min, +5 Stealth,
-48/100 AC 24 winged lion, DEAD

30/39 AC 19 green dark stalker ~ back in darkness down below [/sblock][sblock=map]
citadel17.png
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa nods, and moves inside. She takes up a position near the altar, but faces the doorway, weapon still in hand. She clearly intends to attack anything unfriendly that might try to enter.

[sblock=ooc]Move to O15[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien moves quickly into the revealed chamber and comments snarky tone, "Heh, who do you think I am? Tonris?"

"I did not see the last dark stalker coming up the stairs. If he is smart, he is running away."

She stands near the pedestal with a daybreak arrow nocked. She is watching the opening for any potential threats following them into the chamber.

[sblock=Actions]Double Move to N14
Daybreak Arrow is nocked and shining[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +8 Perception: +15 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch) +1AC Prot Evil
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 26(19ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +12 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Protection from Evil +1AC, Bless
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining, Daybreak Arrows (28/40)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]
OOC: Leveled Tyrien

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, priest of Issolatha

Agno balks as Relios describes what he needs from them. He stands rigidly and stares at the opening in the crystal structure with obvious dismay.

"It is, hurrr... enclosed."

Keeling shrieks a high-pitched call and ducks his head close to whisper something in Agno's ear. The tengu listens but doesn't take his eye from the opening. Finally he exhales loudly and brushes Keeling from his perch.

"Go, find someplace to perch while I do this."

Slowly Agno moves to take position within the crystal opposite of Larissa. Disregarding Agno's instruction Keeling lands on his perch again and begins combing his beak through Agno's feathers in a soothing action.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Move: to O12[/sblock]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 14
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 34/40 remaining
8 arrows w/daybreak
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 remaining
Channel Energy: 1/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 4/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 5/7 remaining
Totem Transformation: 2/4 minutes remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
3rd level: cure moderate wounds, daylight, fly (D)
2nd level: chill metal, lesser restoration, share language, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Agno notices that as Larissa and Tyrien moves in, their light sources pass through the crystals in a myriad of colors and beams towards the walls and ceiling of the citadel.

"Slide around a bit and give me a little room to work girls. Place a hand on the edge of the pillar like so with just the fingertips touching the edge. It will protect you from the waves of energy."
After showing you what to do, Relios grasps the crystal in the center and begins chanting. "By the light of Helerion, banish the darkness and creatures who thrive within it from this place and this land. By the light of Helerion, burn away our enemies. By the light of Helerion, light this spire in a blaze of glory for all the world to see." He seems to be waiting until all three of you are touching the edge of the pillar before using his channels.

[sblock=ooc]If you feel that Relios is duping you, give me a sense motive roll in a "DM only" sblock. Along with the roll, list any anomalies you have noticed which may give you bonuses in that block. I am curious as to what each of you think you may have noticed. He did tell you there was a crystal vault at the top of the stairs. He didn't have to break in. Sounds truthful to me. :lol: [/sblock][sblock=status round six]With you bunched up, some of the weapons on the walls are still in shadow.

All BLESS +1 Attacks and Saves vs. Fear 2.8 minutes
73/73 AC 22 Larissa ~ Bull's STR 3.0 min, +5 Stealth, move 30', Heroism,
14/43 AC 18 Agno ~ bow in hand ~ 7 daybreak arrows, Daylight lit bow
18/18 AC 17 Keeling (shoulder perch)
28/5? AC 16 Relios ~ mace sheathed, daylight on mace, Moved, grabbed crystal, chanting
64/64 AC 24 Tyrien ~ bow in hand ~ 28 daybreak arrows, Prot f/Evil 2.9 min, +5 Stealth,
-48/100 AC 24 winged lion, DEAD

30/39 AC 19 green dark stalker ~ back in darkness down below[/sblock]
[sblock=map]
citadel18.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads