[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

Systole

First Post
Harry shakes his head. "I'm afraid there's no way they'd ever sit down in each other's company, miss. I expect they'd both expect a double-cross, and I expect they might both be right. Even if there weren't a double-cross, then you've still have a lot of armed men standing around in the company of other armed men, with a lot of bad blood between them. I think there'd be an incident, if you get my meaning."

After breakfast, Gemma and the other fishermen bid you farewell. You see Davel as well, and while he still looks pale and drawn, he looks better than the day before. He manages a weak wave as you depart. Harry leads you across town to a blocky building that reminds you of a fortress. A pair of armed guards stand outside, and quickly recognize you and bid you enter. The smell inside is a funk of spilled ale, spilled blood, and unwashed bodies. Down side corridors, you can hear shouts as late risers are roughly awoken and told to get down to the main hall immediately.

Very quickly you find yourself in what can only be the central floor of the main hall. It's built half like a council chamber, and half like an arena. Where you stand, the dark, grimy wood has been slashed with swords and axes, battered with maces and warhammers, and stained with blood and other fluids. Around you, the benches are filling with all manner of thugs and other scum, and a few servant women come to offer you chairs and refreshments. You can see Rahor standing near a set of double doors at the other end of the floor.

The doors at the end of the hall burst open and a scarred, seven-foot tall hulk of a man strides forward, beaming. "Champions!" he bellows, and the crowd quiets slightly. "Welcome to ... OI! YOU LOT! SHUT YOUR STINKIN' GOBS AND SHOW SOME RESPECT OR I'LL COME UP THERE AND BREAK SOME THUMBS!" The effect is immediate: everyone freezes, and the silence is so absolute you're not sure if anyone is even breathing. The giant man turns back to you. "Like I was saying, welcome to the King's Council. I'm the King and we want to thank you for .... KICKIN' SOME ARSE!"

There's an awkward silence.

Gritting his teeth, King growls, "Now's when you cheer, you piss-puddles!" and the council erupts into uproarious applause.

King_150.jpg
rahor_150.jpg
BH_150.jpg

. . . Reginald King . . . . . . . . Rahor . . . . . . . . . . Blind Harry . . . .

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich bows a low respectful bow, but says naught for fear of his mouth uttering foolishness.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos's eyes quickly take in the hall as the cheering erupts. He glances first to Heinrich and Tyrien surreptitiously, then breaks into a wide grin, giving King a fairly melodramatic bow.

"All of this for us? Gonna go to our heads, yer Kingship," he says, his manner slipping into something less controlled, more casual than his companions are used to seeing from him. "Can't have folk running around killing whoever they want just 'cause they feel like it, yes? A big thank you for helping keep things all tamped down while we were working. Know everyone was touchy, after all."

Eanos stops short of mentioning any more particulars. He gives Rahor a bow of his head in thanks and acknowledgement, as well. The Jiragan's presence suggests to the inquisitor King has already had a full reporting. Besides, his gaze says as it returns briefly to the throng in the surrounding arena, King may not be as keen on his entire crew knowing the particulars.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien was not quite sure how she felt about the accolades heaped upon them by Mr. King. They were champions and part of the reason for being brought in to deal with the situation in the first place. She rationalized it by considering the alternative being much worse. She shrugged casually as she accepted the applause that they were due.

After it died down so they could talk, she inclined her head graciously. "Of course, we are quite capable at what we do. This is why we were hired, yes? We do what other cannot."

"Now that your troublesome murders are gone, what happens now for this community?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 80 Current: 80
CMB: +11 CMD: 30(23ff) Fort: +9 Reflex: +15 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg/+1d6 Elect), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"Hur, hur ... 'touchy.' Too right, brother!" King laughs. "An' for your reward ..." He snaps his fingers, and a couple of servant women come out of the far doors, carrying a small chest overflowing with gold and jewels. "Let's see Cato match that, eh? Eh!?" The crowd cheers enthusiastically.

When Tyrien asks about future plans, King smiles darkly. "You know, lass, I'm kind of glad that it wasn't Cato what killed the Don. A man like the Don, he was too good to down to a sniveling little pissant like Cato. And what happens next, well ... let's just say that some things are gonna get sorted out around here, proper-like. And soon. Hur, hur, hur. Ain't that right? AIN'T THAT RIGHT!?" The crowd rises to its feet, swords and daggers raised high, cheering.

One of the servant women rolls her eyes, and begins walking you and the chest towards the door. "Best just to leave now," she says, practically having to shout into your ears above the din. "They can go on like this for a half-hour."

King_150.jpg
rahor_150.jpg
BH_150.jpg

. . . Reginald King . . . . . . . . Rahor . . . . . . . . . . Blind Harry . . . .

jkason

First Post
Eanos glances to Tyrien, shrugging slightly: There's not much else to do here. He hesitates to make sure the half-elf doesn't want to try pressing her position further, but as the crowd revels in the implicit threats of King, Issolatha's chosen jabs a thumb to the door, apparently agreeing with the servant.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien shrugged at the idea of them settling old scores and insulting Cato. She was half surprised they even bothered with hiring outside help, if their plan was to finish what the Don started.

With her companions not saying anything more she nodded to Eanos and Heinrich that she was ready to go as well.

Once at the exit, she glanced back and just shook her head slightly in either disappointment or disapproval. She commented in a low voice, barely heard with the ruckus from within, “I think they actually want to try killing each other off. At least they appear to only care about the other side and not the innocent villagers.”

“I suppose we should go see how the other half lives.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 80 Current: 80
CMB: +11 CMD: 30(23ff) Fort: +9 Reflex: +15 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg/+1d6 Elect), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos nods to the notion of leaving and paying quick respects to Cato.

"Something tells me King's Crew's idea of celebrating tends to involve bruises and bloodshed at some point, and I've seen enough of that for a little while."

Remove ads