• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien walked along with the two red-head men after departing the capos' representatives. She thought they might be planning to resume their rivalries nearly immediately. She contemplated the situation as they walked to the old woman.

She really did not have anything to add about the outcome of the Don and Rosa that Eanos could not regale better. Instead she added in a low tone, “Perhaps we should have a discussion in private with more discretion on who might be listening. While the undead threat to the community is at an end, there might be a opportunity for change here. Shall we go to Gemma's house? Are there some peaceable loving people that might also want to see La Famiglia's hold broken, Gemma?”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 80 Current: 77
CMB: +11 CMD: 30(23ff) Fort: +9 Reflex: +15 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg/+1d6 Elect), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 2/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Gemma shakes her head sadly. "I wish it weren't so just as much as you, an' probably more, seeing as she was my goddaughter. But the truth is that Rosa spent years bringing it on herself. I'm sorry she brought so much death with her," she said. "And I thank you for keeping us as much out of it as you could."

She puffs on her clay pipe as she ponders sending Davel away. "That's not an easy decision. On the one hand, this is Davel's home, and we're his family. On the other hand, what you say makes some good sense. And he's had a dark time of it here, and it might be good for him to go to a place with fewer memories." She turns it over in her mind for a minute before nodding. "I've got a cousin in the city who married into a shipwright's family. I'll send Davel on to her for a while."

A rare flicker of surprise passes over the old fishwife's face at Tyrien's suggestion. "What, and how? We're a people who doesn't do fighting and doesn't do politics. I can't say I like the gangs here, but they don't bother us much, all things told. We don't have anything they want. Still, I wouldn't say no to having a rule of law here after all these years. But it seems to me that it's Venza that'll have to bring it."

BH_150.jpg
fisher2_150.jpg

. . . . Blind Harry . . . . . . Gemma Moressi . .

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
If there is any lull in the conversation, Heinrich will mention an interest in meeting the sea witch, otherwise he listens as the talking going on now is of good content.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Tyrien looked at the old fisherwoman speculatively.

“Hmmm, too old for the fire of political activism, eh. I can see where as long as everyone is living in peace that even corrupt gangsters running the community is hardly any worse that corrupt and greedy nobles.”

“If there are no alternative locally to take up a leadership of law in space left behind, then removing them probably is not a good idea. The alternative could be worse.”

“However, I did happen to acquire some information that could be used in an emergency. It would likely only work once, but upon my departure the secrets would have little use to me. Are you interested?”

+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg/+1d6 Elect), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos keeps quiet for now, letting Tyrien make her case and Gemma her choice without interference.

Systole

First Post
Gemma puffs on her pipe a bit, consiering Tyrien's offer. At last, she nods. "Aye, child. Whisper it in my ear. Secrets are a dangerous thing to have, but the day might come when we'll need them." Her expression doesn't change as the archeress conveys the information. "Thankee."

"As for the sea witch, she has a hut on one of the far islands. I can draw ye a map to it. Sometimes she's there, sometimes she's out riding the waves. She comes around twice a year unless there's something pressing. Otherwise she likes her privacy. Now ... let's get some food in ye."

The simple meal is warm and delicious, and there's a mingled sense of relief and sadness as the news spreads among the fishermen. Eventually, you turn in for bed. The linens are fresh, and the night passes peacefully.

The next morning, Harry taps on the door with his cane. "Pardon me for interrupting, but breakfast is ready. Afterwards, will you be wanting to see Mr. King and Mr. Cato, or will you be heading directly to the docks?"

BH_150.jpg
fisher2_150.jpg

. . . . Blind Harry . . . . . . Gemma Moressi . .

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Tyrien sat down to breakfast, “I think we should still meet with Mr. King and Mr. Cato. Together at the same time would be best, don’t you think, Eanos? If there is to be some changes around here, perhaps now is the time to help nudge them along and you have the oratory skills to potentially persuade them.”

“We still need our payment for services too.”

She turned to the red-headed mage and asked, “Heinrich, did you want to actually try visiting the sea witch?”

+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos purses his lips a few moments, considering, then nods.

"Suppose if they planned to slit our throats and toss us in the sea to balance their books, they'd have done it by now," he says.

"Not sure anyone can really clean up all the bad blood between those two, but I suppose we can at least make sure they've gotten the story straight," he adds. He looks to Harry, asking, "Both at once saves us time, but I'm not sure they wouldn't just decide it was a trap from each other's side. What do you think, Harry? Any way to get those two in a room together without managing to just stand ourselves in a bloody crossfire?

"If not, from yesterday, sounds like we'd need to start with King."

Remove ads