[LPF] Greener is the Grass

jbear

First Post
Maui wipes away the stream of tears that swell from his eyes as the healer's spell takes effect and restores his vision. Despite the involuntary tears the jungle warrior's face beams with pleasure. "Maui thanks you. I will be true to my word and fight for te peace of your town." He peers down at Taniwha with a smile. "It is good to see you again friend." He thanks Uthred profusely and repeats his promise, this time more vehemently.

When Sylla suggests Maui should sell his magic stick, the druids smile turns into a sharp glare.
"Maui will keep te Talking Stick to himself. And you keep your ideas about Maui's stick to yourself. Taniwha, haere mai!" With that Maui stomps off and keeps to himself until the next day.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"I think at the very least we should make our intentions clear that a settlement is to be built." Denizel mused out loud. "Better that they hear it from me, I mean us, than a less couthe wagon hand. I don't know that I'd want to bring one of these villagers into battle just yet."

[sblock=Denizel, Level 5 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 2 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +3, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +6, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +15, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +12, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +15, Linguistics +9, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +7

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 7/7
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Command, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"By all means. You should butter them up as much as possible before some poor ignorant soul makes the mistake of speaking the truth to them ... or before some pretender to nobility ruins things by sleeping with some poor farmers' daughters."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel gives a great huff, taking personal offense at the elves words. He bites his bottom lip, and twists his nose in frustration.

'Ugh, she needs to get in the sack and loosen up.'As usual the spirits weren't much help. 'Careful here. It is below your station to snap back at her.'

Denizel turns and heads back into town proper to speak with Uthred one more time, to make sure he is aware of his patron's intent.

Current Weapon in Hand:

Key Skills: Bluff +15, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +12, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +15, Linguistics +9, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +7

Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
It isn't difficult for Denizel to find Uthred. The village elder greets the courtier with a nod.

"Good morning. What can I do for you this day?"

- Uthred of Stokennor -

jbear

First Post
Maui awakes early after another restless sleep plagued by much snarling and sqwaking. After a brief breakfast, he bundles his things together and prepares his horse. He trots around the edge of the caravan, Taniwha trotting at his side, awaiting the others to ready themselves.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"sure could use a warm bed under a roof last night." grumbles Vincenzo for the first time on the trip. It is apparent that he has become use to city life, but survives the country life. He streches and does 30 minutes of worl out with his sword, the deadly blade swishing throught the air in deadly arcs.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Good morning Master Uthred!" Denizel says with a smile. "Before we head out this morning, it was brought to my attention that in the excitement in discussing your villages recent woes, we did not make clear our purposes here. Our patron and her followers wish to establish a settlement on the grasslands of Pell." He pauses a moment to show he does not treat it lightly.

"I think we agree there is a more pressing matter to take care of before dissecting this in detail, but I wanted you to be prepares should folk from the caravan ask questions about potential sites."

Current Weapon in Hand:

[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Sylla pays only passing attention to the exchange, instead looking toward the western horizon. Her hands occasionally wander to her bow, as if she's looking forward to finding the Goti.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Uthred frowns but nods his thanks to Denizel.

"I appreciate your honesty in giving me this information. I shall discuss the matter with your Lady." He clasps the bard's hand warmly if a bit distractedly. "Good hunting, friend."

Clearly a dismissal, Denizel, Maui, Sylla and Vincenzo collect their mounts and gear in preparation for heading into the grasslands to the west.

[sblock=OOC]Any last minute actions/preparations?[/sblock]

- Uthred of Stokennor -

Remove ads