[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

Systole

First Post
Rhas_150.jpg

Rhas eyes the tiefling darkly, then nods at Ru after a moment. "Rhas Ironeyes. This is me cousin, Umthirn Hammerfist. An' if it's nobility yer expectin', ye can be on yer way. I ... we are in this business as a business. We'll be paid for our work, and we'll expect a fair retainer for our services, up-front." The dwarf speaks perhaps slightly too forcefully, and with a telling glance or two at his cousin, as if perhaps Umthirn might be slightly more inclined to 'nobility' than Rhas would like.

[sblock=OOC]Ninja'd by Aura. Anyway, this is Rhas' negotiating tactic, and being cash strapped, he's not in a position to refuse a deal.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 55/55
CMB: +7
CMD: 21
Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will:+3
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+10 or +8/+8, 1d10+6, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+7, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +13
Initiative: +4

Reliable Strike: 1/1

Weapon in Hand: None
Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

This time, the chuckle from Thuvian is clearly genuine, a rarity from him, "How about a proper nightcap, or at least as proper a nightcap as one can find around here, after we visit the keep and take care of any other business we need to before turning in, and you can personally extract all the coin possible from the flying demon we hunt and her minions, and than later from the church that hired us to retrieve an item from those foul creatures?"

jackslate45

First Post
"Aye, I thnk tha'd work for us." Umthirn says with a smile, grabbing up his back pack and laying the coin down for the ale. "Which church ya on orders from? I know'd ya said ya'll from Venza, but thar be about 20 churches just in tha city."

[sblock=mini stats]
Umthirn
AC: 17(Touch 17, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 52/52

Initiative: +4 Movement: 30'
Perception: +11 Sense Motive: +11 Acrobatics: +10 ( +5 with jump checks)
CMB: +8 (10 w/ Grapple) CMD: 23 (25 vs Grapple/27 vs Trip & Bull Rush)
Fort: +7&% Reflex: +7&* Will: +8&
& +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities
% +2 vs poison/drugs, +4 vs alcohol
* Evasion

Stunning Fists (DC 16) 5/5
Exploit Weakness against Target: No
Bonus To hit Active (DC 10+ (CR/Hardness): +2 to hit / Ignore DR
Bonus to Defense Active: +2 AC/Reflex/Sense Motive
Immune To Fatigue

In Hand: Unarmed Attack: +7 1d8+5+1d6 or +7/+7 Flurry: 1d8+5+1d6

Consumables Used:

[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

"Is the Church of Helerion, maybe you have heard of it? It's a 'righteous and pious' type of church" Damaris explains to the dwarves about their contract.

"I'd like to know your skills. I can casts sound and visual illusions and I can bolster you with my songs. Ru here has a knack for sneakiness and surprise, while Thuvian is our main spellcaster. What about you?"

Systole

First Post
Rhas_150.jpg

Rhas frowns at his cousin. "Rogar's teeth, Umthirn," he mutters. "There goes the bloody retainer."

He nods to Damaris. "I can handle an axe in a pinch, but I prefer me crossbow. I can pick a flying lizard out o' the sky at sixty paces." He shakes his head. "And make no mistake, that's no' a boast. That's a fact I'm offering by way of long experience. The grasslands in the Pell are swarming wi' the vicious little beasties. I've bloody well spent months killing ten or fifteen a day, so as ta keep 'em off the mules."

[sblock=OOC]Not too many tricks to Rhas. Shoot stuff. Shoot more stuff. He's especially good at shooting flying stuff.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 55/55
CMB: +7
CMD: 21
Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will:+3
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+10 or +8/+8, 1d10+6, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+7, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +13

Reliable Strike: 1/1

Weapon in Hand: None
Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

"Excellent," Ru says, both of the dwarves' acceptance and Rhas revealing his specialty. "I'm not much use at range, myself, so we could use someone who can stabby at a distance. And the little troublemaker we're after has herself a set of wings, so I'll have to remember to thank the Pell for giving you so much target practice.

"So, to the construction site then, while Ponytail--"
here he gestures toward Umthirn-- "fills us in on his skill set?"

Ru flashes the group a self-assured smile as he moves toward the door.

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 19 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 15)
HP: 39/39

Perception: +7 (+8 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +3
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +8, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +6/+6, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +7, 1d6
Shuriken: +7, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions:None

In Hand: None

Ki Pool: 3/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 45/50 remaining

Used: 14 days' rations[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

"I like your way of thinking already and look forward to seeing our prey curse at the flying lizards of the Pell. Let us be on our way then; I would like to work a bit on my spellbook before I go to bed tonight so the sooner this is done, the better. Back into the bag, Nora; you can finish eating later." Nora hisses at Thuvian briefly before obeying, which simply evokes a smile from her master. "Yes, I know that already, it hasn't stopped you from staying with me yet, so I'm not worried."

jackslate45

First Post
"I prefer to get close and pummel em' to unconscious or death, depending on how bad they are." Umthirn says, cracking his knuckles. "That, and I tend ta keep em reeling witha' well placed kidney shot."

[sblock=mini stats]
Umthirn
AC: 17(Touch 17, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 52/52

Initiative: +4 Movement: 30'
Perception: +11 Sense Motive: +11 Acrobatics: +10 ( +5 with jump checks)
CMB: +8 (10 w/ Grapple) CMD: 23 (25 vs Grapple/27 vs Trip & Bull Rush)
Fort: +7&% Reflex: +7&* Will: +8&
& +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities
% +2 vs poison/drugs, +4 vs alcohol
* Evasion

Stunning Fists (DC 16) 5/5
Exploit Weakness against Target: No
Bonus To hit Active (DC 10+ (CR/Hardness): +2 to hit / Ignore DR
Bonus to Defense Active: +2 AC/Reflex/Sense Motive
Immune To Fatigue

In Hand: Unarmed Attack: +7 1d8+5+1d6 or +7/+7 Flurry: 1d8+5+1d6

Consumables Used:

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 14, 12:02 - Thornbury ~

Exiting the inn, it didn’t take long to walk the rest of the way through the small village to reach the base of the hill. There was a pile of stone at the base of the hill used for construction as well as some other building materials stockpiled. There was a camp set up with tents nearby, a few were obviously for sleeping and one was a cook’s tent judging by the activity beside it.

Workers were up at the construction site and few guards around providing some patrols and security. After catching someone's attention, someone called over to Captain Destrani.

CaptainDestrani.jpg

The soldier appeared to be an experienced and seasoned professional. His breastplate and weapons were well-cared for and looked to be of excellent quality. His demeanor was confident. He told the bookish looking foreman he was speaking with, “See to it then.”

The man hustled off and the Captain strode over, “I am Captain Destrani. What is it that you want?”

[sblock=Combat Information]Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        39/39 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   27/27 HP remaining; 
Thuvian:   27/27 HP remaining; 
   Nora:   13/13 HP remaining;
Rhas:     55/55 HP remaining;
Umthirn:   52/52 HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 0/3; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Pef 0/12; Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/2;
  Thuvian: Dark 0/1; Blind Dark 0/7; Spells 1st 0/5, 2nd 0/4, 3rd 0/3
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 0/5
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

Damaris makes a small curtesy.
"Good day, Captain Destrani. My name is Damaris Beyrin and me and my friends have traveled from Venza on an important matter for the Church of Helerion. We were to meet with the mage Larsheil but it seems some evil agents got him first. He was murdered along with a couple of my comrades outside his home in the forest... we would have died too if a group of centaur warriors hadn't come on our aid just in time. We are currently trying to find a evil winged woman that might have been sighted around this area. We heard the people of the town and some caravan have been attacked recently. We would like to know any details you might have about it, perhaps that will give us a clue as to where we need to start looking for her."

[sblock]Diplomacy check (1d20+11=22)[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]

Damaris - Bard lvl 4
HP 34/34 (27+7 FL)
Init +4
AC 20 (24) + Invisible | Touch 15 | FF 16 (+4 TOTAL DEFENSE)
CMB+5 | CMD 19
Saves: F+2 | R+9 | W+4

Perception +6 | Sense Motive -1/9* (Versatile Performance) | Bluff 2/9* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +9 (+1 vs males)

Masterwork Shortbow +8 (1d6)
Longsword +5 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +7 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 6/12 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt, Mending, Mage Hand
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, Timely Inspiration, Silent Image 4/day. lvl2 Invisibility, Pyrotechnics 2/day
Spell-like ability: Message 0/day.

Spells Used: Invisibilityx2

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Arcane Strike

Consumables: Acid Flask(2/2), Alchemist Fire (2/2), Holy Water (2/2), Oil (2/2), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (16).

[/sblock]

Remove ads