[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

Systole

First Post
Rhas_150.jpg

Rhas peers at Ru, then nods slowly. "Aye ... tha'd be true about gnolls, wouldn't it? So if it's bandits, I suppose I wouldn't mind knockin' 'em off on general principle, assuming fair division of spoils for those who earned it. And assuming no fat-arsed councilmen would be daft enough ta believe they'd have any right ta levy taxes on a bloody copper of it," he says, looking at the captain. "Tha'd be a right proper point of contention, as it were," he adds, the warning clear in his tone.

[sblock=OOC][/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 55/55
CMB: +7
CMD: 21
Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will:+3
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+10 or +8/+8, 1d10+6, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+7, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +13
Initiative: +4

Reliable Strike: 1/1

Weapon in Hand: None
Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

"So, what do you want to do first then? Track the gnolls or look after the loggers' incident?"
the bard ponder their options.

[sblock]Been a lot busier than expected. Damaris goes along what the party decides to do.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 14, 12:04 - Thornbury ~

CaptainDestrani.jpg

Captain Destrani shook his head at Ru’s questions, “No, the farmstead folks all made it back to Thornbury alive, clearing out once the gnoll sightings were first reported.”

“But there were bodies left at the location of the last ambush on a caravan. Since the caravan was en route here we are not sure if all the bodies were left or not.”

With one of the dwarf’s asking about taxes and spoils, the Captain again shook his head, “I would not expect the village to ask for a tax. What is going on in the north is beyond their jurisdiction, just at really is beyond mine. You are welcome to any and all spoils, master dwarf.”

[sblock=Combat Information]Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        39/39 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   27/27 HP remaining; 
Thuvian:   27/27 HP remaining; 
   Nora:   13/13 HP remaining;
Rhas:     55/55 HP remaining;
Umthirn:   52/52 HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 0/3; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Pef 0/12; Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/2;
  Thuvian: Dark 0/1; Blind Dark 0/7; Spells 1st 0/5, 2nd 0/4, 3rd 0/3
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 0/5
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]While you are free to do what you want IC, I had assumed that you all were going to rest up and spend the night. If that is not the case, let me know.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Rhas_150.jpg

Rhas nods. "Fair enough, then. And you lot, yer probably want to get a good night's rest. I'd prefer ta be off early-like."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 55/55
CMB: +7
CMD: 21
Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will:+3
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+10 or +8/+8, 1d10+6, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+7, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +13

Reliable Strike: 1/1

Weapon in Hand: None
Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

[sblock=ooc]I have the worst sense of direction, bar none. Which is more in the direction of Venza: the loggers, or the caravan? Whichever one it is, that's where Ru'd be likely to want to go, since ostensibly the baddies were after the Maguffin in order to aid the nasty outsider who's trapped back in Venza, so he figures that's the direction they'd go.[/sblock]

Ru's yawn is exaggerated at the mention of rest. "I've been sleeping in the forest, swatting at bugs for weeks now. I'm all for a bed before we start in on more nastiness," he agrees to the dwarf's suggestion.

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

"I require at least a quiet afternoon to boost my spellbook sufficiently for the immediate needs of the party. I was able to secure enough supplies from the ruined lab to transfer another spell into my spellbook that should provide me with a bit more versatility against the foes we chase. More time would be better, but given the lack of that as well as coin for more of the necessary ink, one spell will have to do for now. Let's just hope that I manage to choose the one that proves to be what we need."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 14, 12:04 - Thornbury ~

CaptainDestrani.jpg

Captain Destrani noted the shift in conversation and said, “Well, I am busy. If there is nothing else…”

It really was not a question, but more like a dismissal. The soldier moved away and called out a crisp order to one of his men.

[sblock=Combat Information]Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        39/39 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   27/27 HP remaining; 
Thuvian:   27/27 HP remaining; 
   Nora:   13/13 HP remaining;
Rhas:     55/55 HP remaining;
Umthirn:   52/52 HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 0/3; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Pef 0/12; Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/2;
  Thuvian: Dark 0/1; Blind Dark 0/7; Spells 1st 0/5, 2nd 0/4, 3rd 0/3
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 0/5
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]I am going to say Venza is maybe towards the South. It is unlikely the direction from Thornbury would have any bearing on things as no matter which direction the city is, it is still 2 weeks away from Thornbury and the scene of either attack.

With things slowed down, I guess you all can post summaries of what you are doing for the rest of the day IC. Then I can advance the IC clock to the next scene.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

"And a fine day to you, officer," Ru says perhaps a little more politely than he actually means it. He gives the captain a smile and a nod to excuse himself and his companions. Once the group is out of earshot, the southerner shrugs and looks to the sky a moment, judging the remaining daylight.

"I suppose the rest of us can ask around a bit more while Shadow hits the books. Dunno what tricks you've got in there, but I know I wouldn't be any help with your learning them. The captain said some of the farmers made their way out. Maybe we can find one or two and see if they know anything?"

[sblock=ooc]This isn't a bid for more walking around town talking to people IC so much as making a more general Diplomacy (Gather info) check. Since those take a few hours anyway, it seems like the kind of thing to be covered in a transitional post, anyway. Ru can offer Damaris an Aid roll...

Diplomacy (Gather Info) Aid to Damaris (1d20+6=24)

Damaris should add 2 to her own roll for that. Don't know that there's more to learn, but seems a reasonable way to finish spending the day. After that, probably just a night enjoying a real bed if they can manage them.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 19 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 15)
HP: 39/39

Perception: +7 (+8 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +3
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +8, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +6/+6, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +7, 1d6
Shuriken: +7, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions:None

In Hand: None

Ki Pool: 3/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 45/50 remaining

Used: 14 days' rations[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

Thuvian retires to his room at the inn where he takes a bit considering his options of what spell to gain use of, finally settling on protection from evil over some of the other offensive options immediately available to him, hoping that it would protect the others who can pack the offensive punch more efficiently than he could with his current spellbook selection.

Spellcraft (1d20+12=32)

[sblock=ministats]Thuvian Darklight
AC: 14 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 11)
HP: 27/27 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +5
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place:

Magic:
CL 5; +9 Concentration (+13 Casting Defensively); SR +5
Extended Illusion (2 round beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - unused
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast

Darkness 1/1

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation
1st - Mage Armor, Protection from Evil (3), Vanish
2nd - Invisibility, Mirror Image, Summon Monster II (2)
3rd - Fly (2), Major Image[/sblock]

Remove ads