• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] One Night in Palazzo Dannato

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End of Round 2

Even though Mandalo lies with his face in the nights dinner he seems to be catching his breath after the tables assault. The clockwork like dog continues to worry at the table leg when suddenly it is ripped from it's jaws. The table leg hovers a moment above the toy puppy before coming down hard smashing the thing in half.

Holphin and Daugar both use acid on the table as it seems to be working as pieces of wood splinter off and one leg is blasted away. Daugar had backed up to the wall and finding he couldn't go any further he backed away along it to a doorway. He notices one of the caters, coming from the north, to see what is wrong.

Coreuth's bow has no effect on the table and she herself can't make heads or tails of the thing. What should be the front is now the back? Or is it the front again?

Frost draws splinters from the table but does no significant damage. While Raynucio bounds at the table and wood chips seem to fly away from every determined stroke.

[sblock=Combat]
Combatants posted in INIT order.

Code:
[U]Character      AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Frost          16  14  none/none
Mandalo        [COLOR=RoyalBlue]15[/COLOR]   [COLOR=Red]-2[/COLOR]  none/[COLOR=Red][I]stable[/I][/COLOR]
Holphin        16   9  none/none
Resoulte Dog   13  [COLOR=Red]-1[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Red]dying??[/COLOR][/I][COLOR=Yellow]dismissible[/COLOR];rounds left 8/10
Coreuth        16   7  bow/none
Raynucio       20  11  Capitas/none
table          14  [COLOR=Orange] 9[/COLOR]  none/Hardness5
Daugar         13  13  none/none
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Round 2:
Frost - attack/miss
Mandalo - stabilizes
Holphin - acid splash/hits
R. Dog - attack/miss
Coreuth - attack/miss
Raynucio - attack/hit, swift attack/hit
table - attacks R.dog hit
Daugar - acid dart/hit [/sblock]

Attachments

• table rd3.jpg
    table rd3.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Frost reverses her swing, bringing her greatsword back around for another pass, but she's still swinging horizontally and the writhing table easily evades her blow.

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]To Hit (1d20+4=11)

HM - You've still got Frost listed as Prone in the combat block.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] That's why the ?? I wasn't sure if it stook around or not. It wasn't listed under summon monster I. I found it just now under summoning pg. 210 CORE. Sorry I don't PRD often ( I am old school).

So the R.dog is gone, poor puppy :([/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Damnation! How is furniture still defying us?" Raynucio roars, his hands blur as one blade is sheathed and Capitas is drawn forth once more sending another scabbard flying at the table. Then he steps forward and with a snarl hacks at the table with his ancestral blade.

[SBLOCK=Ranged Attacks]
I did not roll damage for the scabbard as I was not counting the -4 for it being in combat and thus presume it missed. To be fair this probably should have applied to the first scabbard attack which did 3 damage - after hardness to. Did not occur to me at the time for some reason.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Holphin looks on starkly as the dog is smashed. The shattered pieces dissolve into chalk scribbles and disappear as the halfling responds, "As much as I hate to say it, better it than one of us..."

Chalk in hand, he opens another door, and an identical dog pops out. It rushes to the attack.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Combat Over

The table finally spits down the middle from Raynucio's blows and makes no other moves as the new resolute dog and the others hack at it.

After a moment the table lies smashed in two pieces with other smaller pieces and broken legs lying about.

[sblock=OOC] I didn't think of it either but than again scabbard slinging is a new fighting style to me.;) But if that were the case, and Ray did miss, than it would have 2 hp left and that hardly matters at this point so we will just live with my missed call. [/sblock]

[sblock=Experience]
Animated Object CR 3: 800 XP / 6 players = 133 XP each [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn stands easy, not even breathing hard but plainly chagrined at her lack of effectiveness in the battle. She slams Hafísbíta home in it's sheath with a sigh and looks around at the others. Maybe they didn't notice . . . no, that's not the way of the warrior. Credit where it's due . . . live it, Ari, regardless of how much it hurts!

The proud warrior swallows audibly and approaches Raynucio. "You fought well, warrior . . . better than I. Glad you were here."

Remove ads