[LPF] Rescue at Boar's Ridge

Qik

First Post
Seeing that the room is apparently unoccupied, Mesem murmurs a brief incantation to himself, scanning the skeleton, the well, and the nearby object for magical properties. If nothing seems out of the ordinary, he'll move a step closer (L17) and have a look.

[sblock=OOC]Cast Detect Magic. If any auras appear within the room, Mesem'll take the requisite 3 rounds to study them closely. If nothing turns up, he'll step forward and examine the aforementioned object near the skeleton.[/sblock]
mesem-adrarda-portrait-small.jpg

[sblock=Stats]Mesem Adrarda
[sblock=Bound Stats]Initiative: +1, Perception: +7
HP: 9/9 real + 10/11 temporary
AC: 17 (Touch: 11 Flat-footed: 16) CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)

Natural Weapons:Bite (+5, 1d6+4), 2 Claws (on feet) (+6, 1d4+4)
[/sblock][sblock=Unbound Stats]Initiative: +0, Perception: +7
HP: 10/10 real
AC: 10 (Touch: 10 Flat-footed: 10) CMB: +0 CMD: 10
Fort: +2 Ref: +0 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)[/sblock]Current Weapon in Hand: Nodachi: +5, 1d10+6, 18-20/x2

Summon Monster I: 3/4
Spells: 0 - Infinite, 1 - 1/2

Active Magic: Mage Armor - 0/1 hour
[/sblock]​

Satin Knights

First Post
Getting a closer look, the object on the ground is a backpack. Looking in the well, it is dry. Taking a better look down the hallway, there are rocks piled in front of a door leading south and two doors and a hallway in the hallway leading north.
[sblock=opening the backpack]Inside is rope, hammer, pitons, long dessicated rations, bedroll and a map.

The map show a ridge to the east, a road to the north, a small stream to the west. There is one circled X to the southwest of the fort along the rocky ridge.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Once it seems that the skeleton is no threat, Menik tries to determine what might be under the filth in the hallway to the front door.

jkason

First Post
Ru tenses as the dwarf announces some form of enemy, and shifts to get a better look, but when Mesem seems unassaulted, he relaxes.

"Well, this bloke is supposed to be a necromancer. Suppose I should have something ready if any of these buggers do start moving," he says. He replaces one of his blades into its sheath, and pulls a nunchacku from its place in his belt.

[sblock=ooc]So far as I can tell 'handedness' only matters if you're trying to attack with both: you take penalties with an 'off-hand' in the case of TWF, but otherwise I don't think it matters. Let me know if I have that wrong, as I'll have to declare which hand holds which weapon.

Move in with the others in his standard marching spot if possible. Generally counting on Mesem to notice nastiness, but trying to keep his own eyes open, as well.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Ru Brike
AC: 16 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 12)
HP: 11/11

Initiative: +4
Perception: +4 Sense Motive: +4
CMB: +0 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Wakizashi: +4, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +2/+2, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +4, 1d6
Shuriken: +4, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)

Conditions: None

In Hand: Wakizashi x1, nunchaku x1

Consumables:
Alchemist's Fire: 3/3
Liquid Ice: 1
Shuriken: 9/10
[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Taking a step back into the main room, Mesem examines the contents of the backpack. "It appears as though this fellow had climbed his way in. Perhaps he entered the fort through wherever that well leads?" Shrugging, he folds the map back up and hoists the pack over his shoulder. As he prepares to return into the southern passage, he catches sight of Menik studying the rubble to the west. "Menik, did you find something?"

[sblock=OOC]Waiting for Menik et al to discern what was spotted in the rubble, then I'll cast Guidance and move southward to O17 to see what lies beyond.[/sblock]

mesem-adrarda-portrait-small.jpg

[sblock=Stats]Mesem Adrarda
[sblock=Bound Stats]Initiative: +1, Perception: +7
HP: 9/9 real + 10/11 temporary
AC: 17 (Touch: 11 Flat-footed: 16) CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)

Natural Weapons:Bite (+5, 1d6+4), 2 Claws (on feet) (+6, 1d4+4)
[/sblock][sblock=Unbound Stats]Initiative: +0, Perception: +7
HP: 10/10 real
AC: 10 (Touch: 10 Flat-footed: 10) CMB: +0 CMD: 10
Fort: +2 Ref: +0 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)[/sblock]Current Weapon in Hand: Nodachi: +5, 1d10+6, 18-20/x2

Summon Monster I: 3/4
Spells: 0 - Infinite, 1 - 1/2

Active Magic: Mage Armor - 0/1 hour
[/sblock]​

possum

First Post
"Eh?" Dolgrin wonders aloud as he approaches the seemingly lifeless skeleton. He peers a little closer at the dead dwarf before shrugging and following the others.

hemera

Explorer
As nothing of great enough import is noted to draw her into the room, Reianne waits for the people checking out the remains to come back so the party can move on. She utters a small prayer for the person they found in the room while she waits.

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Are people hesitant to take a look at whatever might be in the west door that Menik spotted? Because if no one wants to step up and have a look, then we should just move on. We've been sort of twiddling our thumbs here for a few days.

I haven't had Mesem look because a) he's been in the other room and b) I don't want to over-assert him in terms of hogging the spotlight. [/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Menik thinks there might be something under the filth. But until it is cleaned away, he cannot tell. His own dancing lights faded out as he got there, but the sunrod gave him enough light to know it is grimy.

Mesem conjectures about the dwarf's activities before before simply storing his gear with his own and pressing on. Once he gets into the hallway, he sees many large stones have been piled in front of a door leading south. there are two doors and a hallway leading north. Dolgrin sees the same general scene. With the light out in the main room, Ru only sees Mesem wander off into the dark and Dolgrin starting to follow.

Thump, Thump.
The noise is definitely coming from the southwest corner.

[sblock=map]
Room3e.png
[/sblock]

hemera

Explorer
Reianne pauses for a moment, "Hey are we waiting for Menik? He's still back checking out the alcove."

[sblock=ooc]
I'm just waiting to hear what's up. we're split in two places here at the moment so...
[/sblock]

Remove ads