log in or register to remove this ad

 

Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=ooc]sorry guys, been reading up on swarms, forgot a few details that will be used next round if they survive that long.[/sblock]
round 2
Morgrym
Robert
Rat swarm
Dame Morrogrim
Tirgas <<--- your turn

conditions:
Morgrym 13 / 14 hp; distracted
Robert 12 / 12 hp
Rat swarm AC 14; 3/16 hp
Dame Morrogrim 3 / 7 hp; screaming in utter horror and terror
Tirgas 9 / 9 hp
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Cyclopean

First Post
Tirgas scans the battle once again, taking in the distress of Morgym and Morrogrim, and the heavy wounds of the latter. As Topaz struggles in vain to engage the rats, Tirgas mutters "Enough of this," and retrieves a flask of acid from his pack. "Sorry, Morgrym!" he yells as he throws the acid just in front of the young alchemist . . . only to watch the flask miss its mark.

[sblock=rolls] Attack (Topaz): 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5
Attack (Acid Flask): 1D20+1 = [1]+1 = 2


[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Tirgas attempts to throw the acid at the grid intersection just in front of Morgrym (AC 5) in an attempt to finish off the rats with splash damage. Of course, he critically misses . . .[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tirgas the Hermit
AC: 16* (15 flat-footed, 11* touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +2 CMD: 13†
Fort: +3‡ Reflex: +1‡ Will: +5‡
Perception: +8
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Unarmed Strike (+1, 1d3+1, lethal or nonlethal)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Prepared (Cantrips): Create Water, Know Direction, Read Magic
Spells Prepared (1st): Cure Light Wounds x2

* +4 Dodge AC vs. giants
† +4 vs. trip and bull rush
‡ +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities


Topaz
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 19/19
CMB: +3 (+7 to Grapple) CMD: 16 (Immune to Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Perception: +1 (Scent)
Initiative: +3

Tricks: Attack, Come, Down, Track

Natural Weapons: Bite +3 (1d3+2, grab)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]
 


Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock="ooc"]Wow, we are a lucky group regarding our dice rolls ^^[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] here is some good news: I forgot to have each square of rats attack. lucky you guys! huh!? Incidently, if this had beed AD&D [first edition] that 1 would have hit Morgrym[/sblock]

d8 splash miss location, Morgrym at the 5:

8-1-2
7-X-3
6-5-4

1d8=4

The acid flask hits high on the wall, Topaz is just as lucky in biting the rats as the whole swirling mass inturrpt her senses in aiming for just 1. The fumes are acrid and retchful as it eats away the ceder paneling, leaving bare scarred stone wall behind it.

round 3

Morgrym <<--- your turn [MENTION=6706173]Mr.Tinker[/MENTION]!
Robert
Rat swarm
Dame Morrowgrim
Tirgas

conditions:
Morgrym 13 / 14 hp
Robert 12 / 12 hp
Rat swarm AC 14; 3/16 hp
Dame Morrogrim 3 / 7 hp; screaming in utter horror and terror
Tirgas 9 / 9 hp
 

Mr.Tinker

First Post
Sv: [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size

OOC: won't have time to make a prober post before tomorrow or Friday, some rl issues came up :-(
 


Mr.Tinker

First Post
Acid splashing, arrows flying and canes bashing with him in the middle, makes him panic even more. However there is a moment of clarity and Morgrym stops screaming like a frightened elven girl. " get of me " he almost growls as he grabs his morning star and with a swing smashes the rats.

[sblock]
Move action to grab morning star
Standard action to attack rat swarm.
Hits AC 21: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4044513/
Damage: 3 p/b:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4044530/ [/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
With a wild swing, Morgrym's morningstar scatters burst rat parts across the ceder ceiling, the rest of the hiveminded rats scatter like they were escaping a sinking ship, their echoing squeaks heard in the cavern beyond.

Combat over! The floor is littered with bloody broken rats strewn about!
 

Lindeloef

First Post
[sblock=ooc]yay, finally someone rolls good [/sblock]

"Everything alright Dame and Morgrym? I saw you both get bitten by the rats. Sadly shooting small rats with this bow is much harder than I expected. Lets see where those unlucky arrows landed instead..."


OOC: [MENTION=3565]Scott[/MENTION]
If possible Robert wants to pick up/recover the two arrows that he miss-fired
 



Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim backs against the wall for support. She's bloodied, breathing heavily and still visibly shaking. Reaching into her pack, she produces a small vanity mirror to look at her face. Her legs falter a bit as she sees the blood in her hair and on her face. Lifting her arm to brace herself on the wall before collapsing, she turns her back to the group.

"Yes, please Tirgas, any assistance would be greatly appreciated." she responds over her shoulder, gaining some composer. Producing a white handkerchief, she attempts to clean her face. "And, may I have a moment to put myself back together, if you will."
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[dm hint]prestidigitation does minor effects such as clean, gather small items, and brighten colors of clothes[/hint]
 

Mr.Tinker

First Post
Sv: [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Siz

OOC: I am still very busy with RL issues and won't be able reply that much since I am abroad. I will be back home though next weekend and should have some more time on my hands. I am sorry for the inconvenience
 




Grayn

First Post
"Thank you, Tirgas. I am feeling my strength returning." she says, looking at Tirgas with a weak, but truly grateful smile.

[sblock=ooc]
[dm hint]prestidigitation does minor effects such as clean, gather small items, and brighten colors of clothes[/hint]


Unfortunately, that spell isn't available for the witch and, at this level, I probably wouldn't be able to take it anyway. With the daily spell limitations, there isn't much wiggle room for spells that provide a little RP color.
[MENTION=6720062]Cyclopean[/MENTION]: She should be okay. I have a CLW potion, if we need to fall back on it. We could back out and rest for a night...or go buy a couple more potions, if need be.
[MENTION=46684]Tinker[/MENTION]: Safe travels and see you when you return.
[/sblock]
 


Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: I am still very busy with RL issues and won't be able reply that much since I am abroad. I will be back home though next weekend and should have some more time on my hands. I am sorry for the inconvenience

GM: ok, Morgrym, Alchemist/Mr. Tinker is busy with Real life. What is the rest of the party doing?


The party of exterminators has successfully vanquished the eerie hive minded swarm of rats, But where are the dog sized rats? Perhaps beyond the hole in the wall? What is their next move?
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top