Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size

Lindeloef

First Post
OOC: Okay I assume I can still attack the rats with my bow.

Roberts fires another shot in the direction of the swarms, trying to adjust his aim, so he doesn't hit Dame Morrogrim and Morgrymm.

[sblock=rolls]1d20+3=12, 1d6=3
The dice hate me ^^
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: +5 CMD: 18
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: +6
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

[/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
The news is this: I have a cataract in my right eye and I am finally going to get it operated on!!! so 15 May to 18 May I will probably be AFK. This will increase my visual acuity greatly and give me fewer headaches!

I will keep you guys up to date.

Good to hear you are going to get taken care of! Get your rest and we will hold the fort...er, cavern...down.
[/sblock]

[sblock=question] Does a swarm act as a single target when applying debuffs like Evil Eye? Or would it only applied to a single rat among the swarm? [/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=question]First answer retracted for the moment. The proper answer is make a Knowledge Nature check (DC 12) to see if the character knows the answer to the question. Otherwise she will need to learn by trial and error.[/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
[sblock=question] Ah, ok...and if I understand Knowledge checks correctly, I can't roll on anything with a DC over 10 since I am not trained in Nature.

Jeez, I'm not even sure how to RP that question to one of the other PCs. [/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
[sblock=@Grayn]either trial and error or let Dame Morrogrim make a frustrating comment about Swarms and you not wanting to waste a spell.[/sblock]

Cyclopean

First Post
GM: @Cyclopean , moving back to Dame Morrowgrim is a 5 foot step, A 'non action', therefore has a full round action available or a standard action; will the snake do any thing else?
[sblock=ooc] I don't believe Topaz is adjacent to any rats; if she is, she'll attempt to bite at them. Would she be able to attack the rats in front of her before following Tirgas' command to attack the rats coming at them from the rear? She'll do that if that's the case; I think her initiative was higher than Tirgas' anyway.
Bite Attack: 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20

Damage: 1D3+2 = [2]+2 = 4

I'm assuming the swarm is immune to grappling for the sake of simplicity.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tirgas the Hermit
AC: 16* (15 flat-footed, 11* touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +2 CMD: 13†
Fort: +3‡ Reflex: +1‡ Will: +5‡
Perception: +8
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Unarmed Strike (+1, 1d3+1, lethal or nonlethal)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Prepared (Cantrips): Create Water, Know Direction, Read Magic
Spells Prepared (1st): Cure Light Wounds x2

* +4 Dodge AC vs. giants
† +4 vs. trip and bull rush
‡ +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities

Topaz
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 19/19
CMB: +3 (+7 to Grapple) CMD: 16 (Immune to Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Perception: +1 (Scent)
Initiative: +3

Tricks: Attack, Come, Down, Track

Natural Weapons: Bite +3 (1d3+2, grab)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=ooc] I don't believe Topaz is adjacent to any rats; if she is, she'll attempt to bite at them. Would she be able to attack the rats in front of her before following Tirgas' command to attack the rats coming at them from the rear? She'll do that if that's the case; I think her initiative was higher than Tirgas' anyway.
Bite Attack: 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20

Damage: 1D3+2 = [2]+2 = 4

I'm assuming the swarm is immune to grappling for the sake of simplicity.[/sblock]

[sblock=cyclopean]not sure yet, but may be no on grapple and for topaz to attack then move, i will say possible, but need to do a read on something - leaving house for few hours[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ok,
1. the rats have not move the second time so they could not follow topaz

2. the rats could not get an attack of opportunity, i think .. .. .. i am correct, see spoiler
[sblock=swarm traits]
A swarm is a collection of Fine, Diminutive, or Tiny creatures that acts as a single creature. A swarm has the characteristics of its type, except as noted here. A swarm has a single pool of Hit Dice and hit points, a single initiative modifier, a single speed, and a single Armor Class. A swarm makes saving throws as a single creature. A single swarm occupies a square (if it is made up of nonflying creatures) or a cube (of flying creatures) 10 feet on a side, but its reach is 0 feet, like its component creatures. In order to attack, it moves into an opponent’s space, which provokes an attack of opportunity. A swarm can occupy the same space as a creature of any size, since it crawls all over its prey. A swarm can move through squares occupied by enemies and vice versa without impediment, although the swarm provokes an attack of opportunity if it does so. A swarm can move through cracks or holes large enough for its component creatures.
[/sblock]

3. Tirgas might be getting a move action still, just asked the judge, but if any know for sure, speak up.

Remove ads