Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size

Cyclopean

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Since I'm thinking of retiring Tirgas, he won't be needing any of the magic items. I haven't really done a good job of rping his personality consistently, and the Summoner class continues to call to me. I may keep him around for a bit of rp, just because I've had some plans for that. Of course, if I do change my mind, he wouldn't be interested in much of this treasure anyway.[/sblock]
Tirgas shrugs. "I can't see when I'd use any of that. Help yourselves; I take it none of you will be wanting the rats?" ​Topaz has begun working her jaws ar ound the crushed carcass.

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Charity winces and looks away as Topaz begins the slow, labored act of devouring one of the rats. "That's one way to save on costs," she observes in a subdued tone.

Turning her eyes to the recovered magic treasure, Charity waits for an agreement to settle out on the specifics.

[sblock=ooc and Question]
Well, thank you for adding me midway through, Scott. I don't see any 'mighty paladins' in this group, but I'm glad you had fun.

Also, thanks are in order to Satin Knights and Glass Eye for helping us through to completion.

OK, so I have a time question. A certain amount of game world time passes per real world time, in a one to three ratio, if I remember properly. In this case, the adventure itself was very short. Does this imply that there is just a lot of downtime between events like a Tavern discussion, or a short adventure? Not that I plan on doing anything with it, but if I step back into the DWI, it's not 'later that night', correct?
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
"Oh, the things a body could do with a jaw like--" Ru begins as he watches the snake. Then he bites his lip and merely smiles like the proverbial canary-eating cat.

"You don't suppose our employer would pay extra for prodigious clean up like that?" he quips to change the subject.

[sblock=ooc]There are a few things which use a strict relationship to 'real world time' for balance reasons, like commissioning items and learning spells, but Time outside of adventures, everything else is a bit malleable. Most people don't seem to narrate in a change of days at the Inn, for example, but because of turnover there, it's just sort of assumed that at some point you're just talking in another day.

In other words, so far as I'm aware, you're welcome to write in an absence of whatever length works for you. :) [/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
After picking the bones clean of all its expensive baubles and figuring out what they are, you examine the bones themselves. They are fused too tightly in the rock to remove without damaging them, so you leave the poor guy where he is. Having heard of priests that can change rock into mud, you figure one of them might be able to extract him, only to put him in a different plot of dirt and rocks somewhere else.

Making your way back out, Topaz is quite lethargic and slow, considering his overstuffed meal. Checking down the other corridors, there is indeed no more rats. You seem to have done your extermination job well.

Returning to the lift, pulling on the rope, a bell at the top rings. After a couple thudding footsteps, "You ready?"
Ru calls up, "Yes" and the lift starts moving up in a slightly lurching pattern. You can tell Markos is doing all the work of pulling you up by hand.

Once you are at the top, "Rats gone?" "Yes." "Gud. Hate rats."

"All done? You sure?" Gerraldo asks. He offers you another glass of wine as you recount the day's work. Relating the tale and telling him you checked all the corridors on the way out to be sure, he is satisfied and pays you the gold he promised. Upon informing him of the skeleton, "Oh. I suppose I should have him moved. Wouldn't want his spirit souring the wines down there. The church of Cortessa should have someone available to deal with the various matters of that properly. Thanks. Good day."

Having finished the work, and even better, got paid for the work, your first adventure in the City of Glass is a success. Now it is time to really cash out. Taking the items you found that you don't want to keep over to the Mystic Pearl, they pay you well for the items. Strangely enough, they never inquire as to where the items came from or who the original owner was. If the place didn't look so prim and proper, you might think they were an underworld fence. Divvying up the money, you are free now to party or invest as you please.

The End

Grayn

First Post
[sblock=Loot]I would like the wand of mage armor, 1 scroll of mount and 1 scroll of unseen servant. [/sblock]

[sblock=Thanks!]Thanks Scott and SK for running this little adventure![/sblock]

jkason

First Post
"Now that wasn't half bad for a job," Ru says. "Nice day's pay, and we never even had to leave town. Which is even better now," he adds, jangling his fuller coin purse, "Since it makes shopping all the easier. If you lot of lovelies will excuse me, then, I think I've got some of that to do. See you at the watering hole."

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

"Not too bad, I guess.... didn't know what to expect... pay is better than working at the temple," Charity muses, waving her new wand around as if it were a toy. When a passerby gives her a strange look, she quickly pushes it into her backpack, "Healing wand mister... sorry... just healing!"

Giving Ru a somewhat sheepish look, "Guess I shouldn't wave those around in public. In any case, all I need is someone who can use this when people need it." She pats her backpack where she slid it in. "Insurance."

[sblock=SK/judge]
The wand of cure light wounds-25 cg is the only item Charity is taking as part of her loot allocation. I wasn't sure if that was unclear, but I did notice the adventure conclusion hasn't been posted to Charity's character sheet yet so I thought I'd state it outright.
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]The players should be updating their own wiki sheets with the adventure conclusion information in the adventure log section. I did it on one or two so far because
a) I was bored
b) helping along the newest players.

The best way for things to go is
a) post in here which items of the loot you are taking
b) update your adventure log section with the earnings and loot take from the adventure. This can be as simple as the XP and GP totals, or a full breakdown as to time vs encounter numbers and split as to at what level.
c) go shopping at the Mystic Pearl
d) balance out your inventory
e) update the finances
f) if you leveled, put the character in the "Awaiting Approval" category so that a judge sees it easily from the pull down menu and does a review.
g) Enter the Dunn Wright Inn, chat, have a meal and wait for the next adventure
h) If you are not intending on going on another adventure with a character, they should go in the "Wandering the Streets" category instead.

At the moment, 5 or 6 games are ending on the same week, so there is a massive shuffle of characters and GMs. But, there should be something new available at every level in the next week or two in order to get you back into the fun.
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
Ah, I actually looked at a few others in the adventure and, based on what I saw, figured posting xp was a judge thing. I didn't want to be a slouch, but rather avoid accidentally doing things I wasn't supposed to. In any case, apologies--this was my first adventure completion.

A rather unexciting 100th post. Milestones aren't all they are cracked up to be.
[/sblock]

Remove ads