Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Roughy River Run

screwylooie

Explorer

Drayvin did not know Caius for long or well, but he still feels as if a close friend has been lost. With deep sorrow in his voice and tears in his eyes, he exclaims,
"There is no greater love or sacrifice than this. There is no greater gift that can ever be given. There is no braver an act that can be done. To be willing to die, so others might live.
Amenthia forget not the brave soul who served you in life and sacrificed himself to save others. Grant him eternal peace and happiness in your realm. Let it be known that his bravery and sacrifice will will never be forgotten."

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Free Action:
Move action:
Standard action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
[[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
Conditions: none
Initiative: +5
Perception: +4

AC: 15 Flat: 14 Touch: 11
Fort: 04 Reflex: 01 Will: 03 +4 save vs bardic performance, as well as all sonic or language-dependent effects.
Right hand:
Left hand:

Weapon: Melee: Steel Terbutje Att:+4 Dam: 1d8+2 Crit: 19/20x2 Slashing

Weapon: Ranged: Chakram Att: +2 Dam: 1d8+2 Crit: 20/x3 Slashing Range: 30 ft 4/4

Wand of Cure Lgt (12/13 charges)

Rage Songs 8/14rnds/day (14 '''= (+3/1st lvl +3 Cha +6 Extra Perform) then +2/lvl)
Lingering Performance - The bonuses and penalties from your bardic performance continue for 2 rounds after you cease performing

Cantrips (DC 13)= At will
• Detect Magic • Read Magic • Daze • Ghost Sound •Prestidigitation •Mending (FC) • Light (FC)

Level 01 (DC 14)= 1/3 day
• Chord of Shards • Moment of Greatness • Grease

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Transactions: bath -6cp, good meal -5sp, magic laundry -1 gp, tip-2 sp, coffee 1lb -2cp, 2 day trail rations -1gp, light riding horse -75 gp, bit and bridle -2gp, harness -2gp, dandy brush -2sp, riding saddle -10gp, saddlebags -4gp, tip -7sp -8cp
sold hide shirt and buckler for +25 gp

Game Info: Gained masterwork chain shirt
[/sblock][/sblock]

Jago

Explorer
Seros Animus
[section]~ Seros went trudging through the very edge of the pines, collecting fallen sticks and broken logs where he could even as every time he stooped for something on the ground he could feel a searing, exhaustive pain wrack his body. Finally it became too much to bear and the swordsman dropped to his knees, the bundle of wood in his arms sprawled around him while he gripped at his sides where the stirges had punctured his skin.

" Gods' Blood!" he raged, angered by his own pain, angered by the loss of one of their own, angered by the whole miserable scene of it.

With a furious energy sweeping over him, Seros forced himself back up and drew the blade at his side, bringing it high and then slicing it into the bark of a nearby tree. The sword rattled with uncertainty in his grip, clearly not an instrument designed for this, but Seros paid it no heed as he dug the steel into wood again and again. He raged for a minute, dulling and harming the blade he had shown nothing but reverence beforehand as the sword left showers of bark and splinter in the air, its weight and edge unable to do much to a full pine tree despite the force it was swung with.

The aasimar finally collapsed down onto one knee, breathing heavy from his own irrational rage needing more blood than he currently had available. Seros felt woozy, as if he would pass out any second, but managed to dig the tip of his blade into the soft earth and grasp the hilt to steady himself enough to recover. His shoulders heaved as he made to gather the wood he had dropped and force himself to stand again, sheathing the blade that was now sticky with sap. It took great effort to finally walk himself back to where their camp was being set up for the night, just outside of the Pines: nobody seemed to want to move much further.

Seros moved to the center of the activity and made to make their fire for the night, still groggy and light-headed as his body sought oxygen that just wasn't there. Though the kindling here was dry, he struggled with the flint and steel to try and spark a flame, indigo eyes focused on nothing but the brilliant flashes of light each time rock met metal. Finally his efforts were rewarded with fire, Seros coaxing it to grow before backing away from the growing embers.

The Rornishman leaned himself up against a wheel of the wagon, his legs outstretched while still gripping his side. He was so very tired, but something Fhanna had said before had struck him.

“Dunnae need t’ worry ‘bout me. I barely knew the bloke.”

How well did they all know one another? Seros had worked with mercenaries before but he had known a bit more of their personal lives beyond "could sing" and "shags like a minx". One of his current company had just died, and despite a small chat by the fire a few nights ago, Seros had to admit to himself that he barely knew Caius. He was guilty and pained for the loss, but if he were asked to give a eulogy, the aasimar was embarrassed to admit he would be rather reticent.

" Tell me something about yourselves," he said suddenly, weakly: the blood loss was taking its toll, despite the fact that his body refused to quit just yet.

" Anything. Home. Family. Hobbies. How you like your eggs. Just ... something."

He needed to know. He needed to know whom he traveled with, fought alongside. He wanted to know these people: to do any less would be a disservice to them all. ~[/section]

[sblock=Seros's Stats]Character Sheet

HP: 7/18 Temporary HP: 7/18
Condition: Stoically Depressed
Perception: +9

Temporary Stats: CON: 7

AC: 17 Flat: 14 Touch: 13
Fort: 4 Reflex: 2 Will: 6

In Hand: Nothing

Longsword (Two-Hands): +4, 1d8+4, 19-20/x2
Sling: +3 1d4+3, 20/x2, 50. ft.
Bullets: 20/20

[sblock=Spellcasting and Abilities]Orisons: Unlimited
Create Water
Detect Magic
Disrupt Undead
Guidance
Read Magic

Level 1: 3/Day - 0 Left
Bless
Divine Favor
Lend Judgment

Other daily abilities:
Judgment: 1/1 Remaining
Daylight: 1/1 Remaining[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Transactions:
Total Coin: 20.51 GP

Game Info:
- We delivered the most successful Roughy River Run ever. Halflings must love us.
- Fhanna is a feisty dwarf.
- Caius gave his life to save the party from certain death.[/sblock][/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2yo5thl.jpg

Fhanna Lorewalker, Lore Shaman 2
Roughy River
Day 6/Evening
Round 0

Horses settled, Fhanna took a moment to wash her face and take a few deep breaths before she went around the wagon again to rejoin the others.

"Tell me something about yourselves," Seros said suddenly, weakly. "Anything. Home. Family. Hobbies. How you like your eggs. Just ... something."

“Tch! Come noo, luv,” the dwarf said, coming to Seros’ side. “Ye need t’ rest. Those bloodsuckers took a lot oot o’ ye!” She guided Seros over to the fire. “Drink some water.” She pressed a waterskin into his hand. Oh, how she wished she was trained more in her magic to be able to help them! She knew a bit about healing, but she hadn’t even brought a healer’s kit with her!

“I like me eggs poached, on a toasted biscuit wi’ sausage gravy,” she told Seros, checking his injuries.

[sblock=OOC]Without access to Lesser Restoration, if Fhanna spends the night giving medical care, would that help them at all? I believe it’s one point of Con damage per level heals naturally overnight. Medical care makes it 2. I don’t have a healer’s kit, so I can’t do Treat Deadly Wounds, but I can provide Long-Term Care.

Heal for long term care: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
[/sblock]

Move:
Action:
Free:
Conditions:
Archimedes:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Fhanna Lorewalker Mini Stats]
Fhanna Lorewalker
HP: 21(22)/21(22) NL: 0
AC: 15(14) FF: 10(9) T: 15(14) Without armor: 10/10/10
CMD: 11

Ammunition: 8/10 bolts
Monstrous Insight (4/day/0 used)

Spells Prepared
0: Daze, Detect Magic, Light, Touch of Fatigue
1. Identify (Spirit Magic), Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep*

Game Notes:
Seros is a fantastic lover.
Stirges suck.
Caius, RIP
[/sblock]

Jago

Explorer
Seros Animus
[section]~ While the Aasimar tried to resist the Dwarf's attempts to move him, there was very little fight left in Seros and frankly he quite enjoyed being tended to by Fhanna. Taking a small sip of water from the container, he winced as he shrugged off his vest, the dark grey shirt beneath stained in dry blood from when the stirge had popped itself off of him. Or was that the one he had cut in half? Regardless, it was a deep pain, Seros gritting his teeth at Fhanna's touch but ultimately letting her do as she pleased. He was a warrior, with little skill in treating the wounds he inflicted. The Dwarf, however, seemed to be a woman of many talents: magic and fighter and now healer as well, it seemed.

" A biscuit sounds great right nooow!," he yelped as he shifted his position and irritated the large, red bumps the stirges had left as a parting gift on his stomach, an allergic reaction to their infectious bite.

" Never had time for fancy breakfast like that, though," Seros added, relaxing his shoulders and taking another drink of water while laying a hand atop Fhanna's to stop her for a moment so he could catch his breath and mentally prepare for another bout of pain.

" Normally just had my eggs fried back in Rorden, quick and simple," he said, releasing the Dwarf's hand once he had steeled his nerves enough, " If we had eggs. Mostly just barley porridge, or caggage soup. Sometimes we had meat if we were lucky. Army Life doesn't make for a diverse palette," he chuckled quietly, trying to think of something other than how two giant mosquitos had nearly killed him.

" What about you two?" Seros asked, turning towards Sylvain and Drayvin, " Pair of voices like yours, I'm sure you've better answers than us simpler folk, tak?" ~[/section]

Create Water
Detect Magic
Disrupt Undead
Guidance
Read Magic

Bless
Divine Favor
Lend Judgment

Other daily abilities:

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Transactions:

Game Info:
- We delivered the most successful Roughy River Run ever. Halflings must love us.

Last edited:

screwylooie

Explorer

"Mostly we had a grain porridge for breakfast. Ma would add fresh berries in season, nuts, and or honey. Funny how when I had it, I didn't care for it much, but now that mom is gone, I miss it terribly. No one has ever cooked it as good as my Ma" Drayvin looks over at Seros while he is talking and a light goes on in his head, "Oh :):):):)" he says, "Here you are injured and I forgot all about my wand. I can do a cure light or two on you if you would like. Is anybody else hurt as well??"

Free Action:
Move action:
Standard action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
[[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

Fort: 04 Reflex: 01 Will: 03 +4 save vs bardic performance, as well as all sonic or language-dependent effects.
Right hand:
Left hand:

Weapon: Ranged: Chakram Att: +2 Dam: 1d8+2 Crit: 20/x3 Slashing Range: 30 ft 4/4

Rage Songs 8/14rnds/day (14 '''= (+3/1st lvl +3 Cha +6 Extra Perform) then +2/lvl)
Lingering Performance - The bonuses and penalties from your bardic performance continue for 2 rounds after you cease performing

• Detect Magic • Read Magic • Daze • Ghost Sound •Prestidigitation •Mending (FC) • Light (FC)

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Transactions: bath -6cp, good meal -5sp, magic laundry -1 gp, tip-2 sp, coffee 1lb -2cp, 2 day trail rations -1gp, light riding horse -75 gp, bit and bridle -2gp, harness -2gp, dandy brush -2sp, riding saddle -10gp, saddlebags -4gp, tip -7sp -8cp

[/sblock][/sblock][/QUOTE]

Deepthought

First Post

Hearing Drayvvin speak about the healing, Sylvain looks up from his reverie. "Oh well, how insensitive of me. Let me cast a spell and save your wand if Seros is up for a bit of mojo. Seros?" Awaiting Seros answer, as it is terribly impolite to heal someone unsuspectingly, Sylvain sits poised.

[sblock=OOC]

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats Dog]
Init +1
Senses: darkvision, low-light vision, scent
Perception +8

DEFENSE
AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)
hp 6
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1
SR 5

OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d4+1)

STATISTICS
Str 13, Dex 13, Con 15 [191], Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 11 (15 vs. trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills
Acrobatics +1 (+9 jumping)
Perception +8, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking)
Racial Modifiers
+4 Acrobatics when jumping
+4 Survival when tracking by scent
[/sblock]

[sblock=Sylvain Mini Stats]
Sylvain
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +1
CMD: 13
Fort: +1
Reflex: +6
Will: +3
Initiative: +3
Perception: +3
Perform: +8
Disable Device: +9
Bardic Performance: 7/7
Cantrip remaining: Unlimited
Level 1 remaining: 2/3
Current Weapon in Hand:
Masterwork Longsword
Current Conditions in Effect:

Temporary items in possession:
Masterwork Panpipes (Wind Instrument)

Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted:
none[/sblock]

Jago

Explorer
Seros Animus
[section]~ " Where are you from, Drayvin?" Seros asked as the Skald spoke of home, " We often miss home once it's behind us. I still dream of Rorden, though I ... Hm."

The swordsman pondered on it for a moment and eventually came to a rather shocking revelation.

" I ... I don't recall much of my family, though. Everything was about the army. The drill, my comrades, the next fight. There was little time for anything else."

He set his indigo eyes on Drayvin and gave a solemn nod.

" I am sorry for your mother, friend, though I am glad you can still recall her. Hang onto that for an old soldier, tak?"

When talk suddenly turned to spells and healing magics, Seros unfortunately had to wave them off, painful as it was to now that.

" I don't believe there's much we have to rest won't fix in time," he lamented, " What those blasted stirges drained from me can't be replaced by the magic we command. I'll just have to grin and bear it for now. And I wouldn't want you lot using up your time and energy on me when my own time will do."

Seros looked up towards Fhanna, letting an ungloved hand reach up to caress her cheek fondly, brushing back a few of her redden tresses.

" Goes for you, too. No sense in you losing sleep just because I happen to have lost a few pints of blood," he chuckled weakly, " I'll be fine. Without all of you, I'd be dead."

Seros made sure to catch each of their eyes briefly in a momentary quiet.

" I'm glad I met you all," he admitted. ~[/section]

OOC: I appreciate the offers for Healing, you two, but unfortunately Seros is suffering Ability Damage, which Cure spells and such just isn't going to fix. He'll just need to rest and recover naturally at this point.

Create Water
Detect Magic
Disrupt Undead
Guidance
Read Magic

Bless
Divine Favor
Lend Judgment

Other daily abilities:

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Transactions:

Game Info:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2yo5thl.jpg

Roughy River
Day 6/Evening
Round 0

Fhanna leaned her cheek into Seros’ hand a moment before pulling away. “Then get ye t’ rest,” she said. “I’ll take care o’ breakfast in the mornin’,” she told them, “seein’ as I’m no’ as ‘urt as ye all are. In the mornin’ I’ll see ‘bout learnin’ some magic tha’ c’n ‘elp ye.”

Move:
Action:
Free:
Conditions:
Archimedes:
[/sblock]

Fhanna Lorewalker
HP: 29/29 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 10 T: 15 Without armor: 10/10/10
Fort: +2 Ref: +1 Will: +7

Ammunition: 8/10 bolts
Monstrous Insight (4/4/day)

Longspear: +3 1d8+1/P Crit x3 Reach
Light crossbow: +2 1d8/P Crit 19-20 x2 Range 80’
Dagger: +3 1d4+1/PS Crit 19-20/x2 Range 10’

Spells Prepared
0: Daze, Detect Magic, Light, Touch of Fatigue
1. Identify (Spirit), Magic Missile, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep*
2. Tongues (Spirit), Burning Gaze, Cure Moderate Wounds

Game Notes:
Seros is a fantastic lover.
Stirges suck.
Caius, RIP
[/sblock]

screwylooie

Explorer

" I am from a small farming village in a remote valley in the Seithr Mountains. My dad was a retired skald mercenary. And by the way, I took no hurt from the stirges, so I will take an extra watch as well as help with the breakfast."
Free Action:
Move action:
Standard action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
[[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

Right hand:
Left hand:

[sblock=Adventure Notes]

[/sblock][/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2yo5thl.jpg

Roughy River
Day 6/Evening
Round 0

“Och! Ye’re from Seithr?” Fhanna exclaimed as Drayvin announced it. “I thought yuir accent sounded familiar! I’m from Seither, tae. Though the dwarven settlements, o’ course. Och, ‘tis a bonny place,” she said with a longing sigh for home. She looked back to Seros. “I will ‘ave some magic f’r ye in the mornin’,” she promised him.

Move:
Action:
Free:
Conditions:
Archimedes:
[/sblock]

Fhanna Lorewalker
HP: 29/29 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 10 T: 15 Without armor: 10/10/10