[LPF] School Days

OOC: Not a problem; it was definitely not an easy one to solve, as many of the conditions are very similar in nature; half the fun with the riddles was finding little things like that to highlight. Now the real fun part begins; figuring out how to get the keys from all of these critters.


[sblock=rewards]Experience
Initial Riddles CR 2 600 xp total/300 xp each[/sblock]

Heinrich leveled up. I would recommend some indirect spells, as combat is not going to be a very solid option for some of these creatures.
 
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"So, ist das vee haf:

Mighty beast, yet food and prey as well
Auroc
Now you see this canine, now you don't
blink dog
A light in the dark
Firebeetle
When danger comes, these creatures dance away from it
grig
Tooth and claw aid this mighty beast survive a harsh land
Grizzly Bear
Scavenger of the hot wastes
Hyena
Cold and distant, this creature can sicken any they meet
ice mephit
A hunter of the savannah, cunning and patience is this solo artists stock and trade
Cheetah/Leopard

Now, do vee defeat in battle or talk them to give up das key?", muses Heinrich out loud.
 

Qik

Visitor
Halting Lu in their premature strolling towards the door, Ni considers Heinrich's question. "Well, there will have to be some indirect i.e. nonverbal communication involved, at the very least, since I can't talk to many animals much in a day, unfortunately." The gnome frowns at this. "Still, at least some conversation will be possible with the animals, and with those creatures that talk, I'd prefer to talk first." Ni brandishes his oversized grin. "After all, I am a connoisseur of conversation, if I do say so myself, which I do, of course, because I just did." Lu rolls its eyes visibly. Ni doesn't seem to notice. "But starting with a grig - in here - might be good, since they're supposed to be reasonable creatures, from what I've heard." Ni jerks his thumb towards the entrance to the magical forest.

[sblock=OOC]Sounds good. I vote that we press on into the magical forest environment.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster III: 11/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 6/6
- 2: DC 18; 4/4

Active Magic:
- None

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​
 
You enter the forest environment, and the light shines through the gaps of the canopy above onto the sparse brush and grass that covers the ground. It becomes clear that the first challenge is going to be finding a grig in this tangled mess of trees and clearings.
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Grig are fey. Fey are unpredictable, therefore only tenuously reasonable. Use caution, Ni. Come, we go to enchanted forest."
 

Qik

Visitor
Ni smiles mischievously. "I must confess to being quite fond of the prospect of dealing with a creature with tenuous reason. But I appreciate your concern, Herr Heinrich."

Appreciating the vividness of the Reality Machine's illusion, Ni and Lu peer among the branches and look for clues as to the grig's natural habitat. Ni regularly taps out a small incantation as they search and ponder.

[sblock=OOC]Know (Nature) is for clues as to the grig's habitat that would help us locate one.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster III: 11/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 6/6
- 2: DC 18; 4/4

Active Magic:
- None

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich looks about and applies what ever helpful comments he knows of.
aid another
 
Grigs tend to make their homes in thick woods alongside rolling hills, often near bodies of water. In every grig community may be found a clearing where the group observes the moon during its many lunar holidays.

OOC: You don't really see much from where you're at. Survival rolls would be what you need to find to locate a promising location.
 

Qik

Visitor
Ni describes the kind of habitat that they're looking for, and asks Lu if he can lead the way towards one. Lu reluctantly tries to comply, still a bit grumpy at being surrounded by all this luscious foliage that he can't munch on. Ni tries to help, but he's still thinking about grig irrationality and the phenomenal extent of the illusion which surrounds them.

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster III: 11/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 6/6
- 2: DC 18; 4/4

Active Magic:
- None

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​
 
Despite his reluctance, Lu is able to find a promising spot along a brook where there is a small waterfall created as it comes down out of the hills.
 

Qik

Visitor
Ni tosses Lu a bit of dried fruit in thanks for his dutiful search, which the eidolon munches down happily. The gnome shrugs at Heinrich. "Now we introduce ourselves, herr."

Cupping his hands, the gnome calls out, "Uhm, hello, grigs? Any creature home? We were hoping we could have a little conversation with you all, if you please."

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster III: 11/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 6/6
- 2: DC 18; 4/4

Active Magic:
- None

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​
 

Qik

Visitor
Ni thinks a moment, shrugs, and then starts to whistle. Lu starts to bob in time with the music. Ni's a bit off key, and Lu sways tremendously out of rhythm, but their hearts are in the right place.

OOC: Maybe Heinrich can attempt to Aid Another as well and join in on the singing? It'd be nice to put Ni over the 15 benchmark.


[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster III: 11/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 6/6
- 2: DC 18; 4/4

Active Magic:
- None

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​
 
You do this for a few minutes until you hear a voice from the edge of the clearing, "You can stop embarrassing yourselves now. It's clear that while you're not completely tripping over your feet, that you are at best novices in that department. It's okay, we accept that not everyone can do it well; at least you had the guts to try, that is something."
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich bows to the cricket-elf.

"Heinrich Scribersen und mein friends Nimiemtioquijuil und Lu." he indicate each respectively.

action: consider this an aid another for diplomacy er, rather an attempt at aid another for diplomacy
 

Qik

Visitor
Ni and Lu mirror Heinrich's bow, although the gnome's is perhaps a bit more excessive in its flourishing: Ni's forehead almost touches the ground, his arm extended gracefully. He looks up. "Greetings, friend. Thank you for coming out to meet us. This is quite a home you have here," Ni says, gesturing towards the beautiful scenery which surrounds them.

"We are here in search of some keys, literal keys, not figurative ones. We were hoping you might have one....?"

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster III: 11/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 6/6
- 2: DC 18; 4/4

Active Magic:
- None

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​
 

Advertisement

Top