[LPF] Scourge of the Howling Horde

Systole

First Post
Sylla nods to Denizel. “Boots will go with you if you want to stand watch in the common room … or get an early start on the looting,” she adds, and then appears to struggle internally for a moment. At last she speaks, but the words seem almost painful for her. “You were … less pitiful than I expected. I … Boots thanks you for healing him.”

She turns to the captive. "You, wizard ... you are going to tell us everything we want to know. About the chest, your lab equipment, the tunnel, the door." Her eyes narrow. "But before you speak, look to my wolf for a moment, and listen to me. I summoned that creature here from the darkest hells of the Hidden Path, where the skies are fire and the rivers are blood. I've seen him run down four goblins in twenty heartbeats, and slay a dire weasel in the blink of an eye. Your pet bugbear is lying dead not thirty paces from here with his spine torn out. My wolf did that.

''But what is relevant to this conversation is this: Between the two of us, between myself and the demon-born killing machine with the blood of your chieftan drying on his muzzle...

"He
is the nice one."

[sblock=Actions]Sylla
Intimidate/interrogate the wizard. The dark corridor and any other goblin patrols are of secondary interest if she starts talking.

EDIT: Extended the speech based on the roll.

Boots
Boots will keep watch with Denizel in the common room.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Sylla the Grim
AC: 17+4 (13+4 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 16/16
CMB: +3 CMD: 17
Fort: +0 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +2
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Spear
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 0

Boots
AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 15/20
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 (20 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +5 (Scent)
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel retrieves his dropped crossbow, stops to listen to Sylla's words, and not wanting to ruin things simply goes out to keep watch with boots. Once they are in range of each other and leans over and says to the beast. \

"I believe she almost said something kind back there."

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Retrieves crossbow then goes to keep watch.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Denizel's Stats]Denizel
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 14 Current: 12
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:Dagger/Wand of Cure Light Wounds 10 charges
Current Conditions in Effect:

Bardic Performance: 4/10 rounds per day

Spells Remaining: 1st level 2/3
Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 15), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 15)
0: Daze (DC 14), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Urrtarr starts trembling once the bloodthristy elf approaches after killing her mate and his henchmen in cold blood. Struggling against the bonds once the threats begin are enough to open her wounds further, causing the leaking her life blood on the stone floor as the hobgoblin mage falls unconscious on her side, now dying.

GM: Sorry, after killing the dying hobs in that fashion, she won't listen for a minute before trying to struggle. Any strenuous actions puts her below 0 HP. If you heal her and continue, I won't make you re-roll. :)

Systole

First Post
Sylla frowns as the hobgoblin passes out. "Agno, your skills are required. I seem to have ... broken this one."

[sblock=ooc]Muahahahahaha, fair enough.

Totally worth it, though.[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno looks up from where he was peering down the hole near Boots. He makes a distracted wave of the hand in Sylla's general direction and says something in an airy language.

"Hurrr... She won't die. Is that good enough? Or do you wish her to be... hurrr, awake so you can terrorize her to the brink of death once more?"

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Move --
Standard cast Stabilize on Urtarr[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 15 Current: 15
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7 (+9 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft.

Current Weapon in Hand: temple sword
Ammo (Arrows): 32/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect: Guidance

Lightning Arc: 3/6 Remaining
Channel Energy: 3/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 6/6 remaining
Hawkeye: 3/6 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 1/3
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells: none prepared yet[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago takes little notice of these goings on, focusing on the alchemical apparatus. He rifles through it purposefully, examining the mage's notes as well as her concoctions.

He then moves to the dark hole where boots is standing and glances down quickly, wondering if his exquisite night vision will uncover more than the others could see. Then, finally, he moves to examine the chest.

Systole

First Post
Sylla shrugs at the tengu. "It's of little concern to me whether you tend to the hobgoblin now, or tend to Iago later, after an experiment of hers explodes in his face."

She bends down and begins looting the dead hobgoblins, while keeping a watchful eye on the pit.

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Boots

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Iago finds that the table is strewn with components and reagents of multiple uses. His initial look finds that he cannot tell if any of the vials contain useful concoctions or not.

Examining the chest, he finds a trap that will trigger on trying to open the latch on the container.

There are still no sounds coming from the pit that Iago can hear.

Checking the bodies, you find a few things besides their collection of weaponry and armor. Urrtarr had a wand of some sort and 4 flasks (2 acid & 2 Alchemist's fire). Each hobgoblin was also carrying a potion vial of pale yellow liquid.

GM: Treasury updated

Systole

First Post
Sylla takes hobgoblin leader's longbow, and exhales appreciatively. She tests the pull a few times, and for once actually smiles.

"I've been wanting one of these,"
she murmurs.

She checks briefly over the wand and potions.

[sblock=OOC]Merry f*cking Christmas to Sylla! That bow is perfect for her. Goodbye 1d8, hello 1d8+2.

Sylla will also grab one of the chain shirts, if there are no objections.

Last thing, she'll try to ID the wand and will roll an assist check for Iago to ID the potions.[/sblock]

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Boots

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago pockets the acid and alchemist's fire, smiling as he replenishes his store of volatile chemicals. He then raises the hobgoblin's battle axe, smiling as he savors the weapon's heft. It is a fine weapon. He turns his attention to the chest.

"Wake her up," he grumbles to Agno, referring to the caster. "The chest is trapped, and I want her to open it."

[sblock=OOC: Disarming]
PM: If we can't find a better way to open the chest, you indicated the trap was specific to the latch, yes? What if Iago just hacked his way through the lid with a battleaxe? Would that set off the trap?
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Re: Acid and alchemist's fire, Iago will use his own two flasks of acid before dipping into party treasure, but I'm assuming we'd rather use those in combat if a good opportunity presents itself, rather than sell them.

Iago will also wield the battleaxe, as I think he's the only one who can.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago

UNDER THE INFLUENCE (MUTAGEN)

AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 18 Current: 18
CMB: +3 CMD: 15
Fort: +5* Reflex: +5 Will: +0; *-+2 vs. Poisons
Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion

Extracts prepared:
Level 1: Shield, Cure Light Wounds