• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Silent Tide

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Gavin's ploy is at least partially successful; the dog moves to investigate the treats so conveniently tossed at her feet. She sniffs curiously, and sets about tearing through the packaging. So far, there's no other movement that you can see from the 'pyramid.'

Combat Map

[sblock=OOC]Long wait for not much of an update. Sorry 'bout that - ball's still in your court.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
With the dog distracted by the mean offered to it, Charity takes her chance to act. Coming from around the bush and drawing her chakram, she throws it with powerful forward momentum.

[sblock=actions]Move 4 squares as noted on map, drawing chakram with right hand and carrying glaive with left. Brings Charity to exactly 30' range--just barely in short:

Opening chakram throw at dog 30 foot range: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12
1D8+2 = [2]+2 = 4

Edit: Forgot I was 3rd level, so +1 more for 13 to hit. Pretty close if the guard dog is flat-footed.

OOC commentary: I sorta wanted to try animal handling, but I wasn't sure how well that could possibly work on a trained animal with a standing order. Distracting it to help get a flat-footed shot might be the most we can hope for.

Updated map: http://beta.ditzie.com/49313/53993218d2532
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 16

Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +7
Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +7
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 4/4
Smite remaining: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive(left-hand carry)
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: chakram
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Charity's chakram strikes true; the dog yelps in pain as the missile imbeds itself deep in her side. She leaps to her feet and begins pulling at the chain in a effort to get at the source of the attack! Almost immediately afterwards, the former guardswoman feels a punch in the ribs - almost as though she's taken a good shot to the body in hand to hand combat - followed by sharp pain and the sensation of something wet leaking down inside her armor; looking down, she sees the butt end of a clothyard shaft protruding from the hole it's punched in her breastplate.

Updated Map

[sblock=Combat!]PCs are up! (Rush job this morning, so it's likely I forgot some piece of vital information. Let me know if you figure out what it was :D)
Code:
[u]Combatant     HP     AC     Condition[/u]
Robert        00/32  17/13  
Gavin         00/16  16/12  
Charity       08/32  17/11  
Dog           04/    13/12  
(Archer)      00/    17/13  Cover/Concealment
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Piston Honda

First Post
Hearing the yelping and the arrow hitting Charity, the Navigator drops back into the bushes to make himself a more difficult target, sheathing his sword and dropping his shield at his feet while pulling his crossbow.

[sblock=Action]
Stealth = 9
Invisible Castle is not a fan of me making stealth rolls.

Switch shortsword and shield to Crossbow.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
The Navigator/”Gavin”
AC: 15 (12 Touch/13 Flat Footed) [Shield on Ground]
Inititative: +2
HP: 16/16
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
Perception: 7

1st Level Spells Remaining: 2/2
Bardic Performance Remaining: 7/7

Current Weapon: Crossbow (+2 to hit, 1d8, 19-20/x2)
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"The shooter is probably inside" Robert murmurs to Gavin
Robert then seeks cover next to he building.

[sblock="ooc"]I assume those gray things at the building are like slots where an archer could shoot. But I don't know how high those are from the ground.[sblock]

Combat Map

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Rushing forward, Charity tries to put the guard dog out of the fight as quickly as possible. With a powerful overhead swing, she brings the blade of her glaive crashing down on the restrained animal. Finding herself next to Robert, biting back pain she comments, "Surprise was blown; that arrow was immediate."

[sblock=Rolls and Stuff]First order of business: Does Charity spot the shooter? I'm not sure if Mowgli rolled for her already, so just disregard this roll if that is the case:

Perception to spot archer: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25

As a contingency, if the perception roll fails, does Charity get an idea of where it came from based how the arrow hit her? (Feathers point to target?)

Main Action: Charge dog, strike. (I actually forgot to look at map and didn't need to charge, but I did the roll first, so it's a charge.) Seems like a solid hit, albeit with poor damage:

Charging Power Attack Glaive on Guard Dog: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17
1D10+6 = [2]+6 = 8

Map showing updated position: http://beta.ditzie.com/49313/539b8f8e15931
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 15 (14 flat-footed, 9 touch, charge included)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 16

Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +7
Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +7
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 4/4
Smite remaining: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: chakram(in dog)
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]The gray sections of the walls are indeed windows - thought I'd mentioned that before, sorry :blush:. They're only a few feet off the ground, as those sections of the building are just one story.

The arrow that hit Charity came from the SE section, presumably from one of the windows. It's much darker in there than it is outside, so it's hard as heck to see in. I've put a marker for the archers on the map to represent their last "known" position.

Bad guys are up, but I don't have time before work to do a full update. I'll get it this afternoon.[/sblock]

Updated Map

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Charity and Robert make their run for the tower, Charity pausing for a moment to end the suffering of the guard dog before she puts her back to one of the walls alongside Robert. Gavin shelters in the trees some distance away. A dagger comes flying from the window of the southeast 'shoulder' of the tower, pinging from Charity's armor and bouncing up into the air before disappearing before her eyes. She catches a brief glimpse of a dark face in the window before the attacker takes cover once more.

From the second floor window above the door to the central tower, you hear a brief chant. Robert feels himself growing very drowsy . . .

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Windows can be climbed through as a full action. A DC 13 Acrobatics check reduces this to a move action, but either way you will be considered flat footed as you go through due to the awkwardness of the move.

I need a DC14 Will Save for Robert or he'll be taking a little nap.

Updated Map

(Icons for Bad Guys still represent only last known location).

• Code:
    [u]Combatant     HP     AC     Condition[/u]
    Robert        00/32  17/13  
    Gavin         00/16  16/12  
    Charity       08/32  17/11  
    (Archer)      00/    17/13  Cover/Concealment
    (Dagger Thrw) 00/    17/13  Cover/Concealment
    (Caster)      00/    13/13  Cover/Concealment
    [s]Dog           04/    13/12 [/s]
[/sblock]

Remove ads