[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

jackslate45

Villager
Aradra takes his place again, drawing an arrow and drawing it to full. He nods to Shadow to protect the mage while Relic works on the machine.
 

Systole

Community Supporter
Daylily nods and heads inside, circling the machines while continuiously talking about how extremely tasty he is.
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn also follows Relic inside, but takes a place near the door so that she can watch both outside and in.
_______________


[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 25 (13 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 80/92
CMB: +10 CMD: 23
Fort: +08 Reflex: +06 Will: +06

Rage Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 23 (11 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 98/110
CMB: +12 CMD: 23
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08


Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 23 (11 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 114/114
CMB: +11 CMD: 22
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 24 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 92/92
CMB: +09 CMD: 21
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+8/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 7/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 4/4 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal)
[/sblock]
 

Satin Knights

Villager
Relic marches the paladin pack mule down the isle to the machine. The others follow, watching warily for the spiders or other strange foes. Opening the access panels, the machine gets grumpy as its self preservation mode starts to kick in. Rubbing his chin and remembering the instructions, Relic takes the lens from Iosef. Only the wearer of the Amulet of the Orrery is safe from its defenses.

The defenses attempt to do their job. With Daylily wandering around the machine taunting it and the unseen spiders, he is hit square in the chest with a blue beam of energy. Defiant, Daylily shakes off the effects. Relic pushes and struggles with the weight of the lens, getting it in place. The machine attacks Daylily again, this time pushing him just a bit out of reality. His form gets a bit blurry and dark.

Relic grunts and finishes pushing the lens into the resting position. Pulling a couple levers, the lens starts floating into postion, spinning as it goes.

When Daylily returns to normal, the machine turns it focus on the knight in full armor. A yellow ray strikes Iosef square in the chest. Iosef becomes translucent for a second before his determination of will pushes off the old machine's magics. With a couple more levers and dials twisted, the floating lens itself is hit with several focused lights. They coalesce into a solid rainbow beam that strikes the one floating, glowing rune in the room. The glow of the rune fades as it settles, merging with the floor. The lights and hum of the machine dies down to a barely noticeable minimum.

An oppressive, dreary feeling, that you hadn't really noticed before, subsides. It is as if the sun has come out after a cold drizzly rain.

[sblock=ooc]To save two weeks of one at a time dice rolls,
2d4 rounds of huffing and puffing to get the lens in.
Relic's augmented Spellcraft was an automatic success before making the roll.
Astral shunt, blur, greater invisibility, silence, confusion, and the only save missed was blur on Daylily. :.-(
Relic has managed to turn off something.
Daylily is only blurry for 3 rounds before returning to normal.
No spiders jump out.[/sblock]
 

Systole

Community Supporter
Daylily sighs. "So this was good opportunity for me to make yellow water from the very high up, and now the feel of the place is more betters ... but I am still think the smashing way would have be the more easy."

He thumps the side of his head a few times. "So is the crazy face magics go away now?"
 

jbear

Villager
Relic holds his breath waiting for something ... more instantaneous to happen. He looks down at his skin with disappointment as he finds the scales remain. "Perhaps it needs a little more time?" He shuffles over to the door. "The buildings ... the storm ... do they continue as they were before, falling and raging and what not?" He peers out though he sees no further than normal.
 

Satin Knights

Villager
Relic looks out, but his eyes do not tell him anything new. His ears tell him that the storm still rages above. In the distance, shattering rock still crashes to the ground. The faintest hint of voices can be heard on the wind. That is new... the voices.
 

jbear

Villager
Relics gradually sharpening hearing detects the voices on the wind and he comments "Do you all hear that? Talking. We may have stirred up a hornets nest..."
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn, still at her post at the doorway, also pricks up her ears at Relic's statement. Though her eyes are not what they were before landing on this cursed island, she doesn't close them.

Perception (1d20+10=21)
_______________


[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 25 (13 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 80/92
CMB: +10 CMD: 23
Fort: +08 Reflex: +06 Will: +06

Rage Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 23 (11 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 98/110
CMB: +12 CMD: 23
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08


Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 23 (11 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 114/114
CMB: +11 CMD: 22
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 24 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 92/92
CMB: +09 CMD: 21
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+8/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 7/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 4/4 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal)
[/sblock]
 

Satin Knights

Villager
All three of you hear the sounds of a crowd. It is faint, with the winds of the storm above distorting it, but there are many voices that were not there before. You cannot make out any of the conversations but the tempo and pitch seem to indicate anger, and maybe despair. Opening his eyes, Aradra searches the terrain but sees nothing moving. The land and buildings seems as still as stone. Concentrating, the voices are coming from the northwest.
 

jackslate45

Villager
"Well, I hear it alright." Aradra confirms, pulling out his bow. "Doesn't sound good. Let's see...northwest right? Hmm..."

Aradra focus' hard on what he saw of the island from on high via his eagle eye spell. After a second Aradra says "I think i know where they might be."

[sblock=Intent]
If we are at the area marked Big Dome, northwest would be the cliff right? Aradra did see people down there, but we never did investigate it. Stupid Poison
[/sblock]
 

jbear

Villager
"The diggers...?" says Relic . "Maybe the Orrey coming into alignment has affected them in some way which has angered them. Hopefully that is a good thing for us whatever it is. Not knowing where to go next, I think that is the next place we need to look."


 

Satin Knights

Villager
Heading out to investigate, the pyramid shaped hole in the ground is a bit in the way of getting where you think you want to go. Heading north along its edge, you get to the corner and make a turn. Aradra and Daylily spot something running along the jungle vined section, coming in from the cliff edge.

[sblock=map] The something is at about AD65.

[/sblock]
 

jackslate45

Villager
"Let us find out then. On your guard though, remember what happened last time "

Grabbing his bow, Aradra hustles to get closer, keeping an eye on the running creature, and seeing if it changes course to approach the party.
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn follows Aradra (and presumably Daylily).
_______________


[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 25 (13 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 80/92
CMB: +10 CMD: 23
Fort: +08 Reflex: +06 Will: +06

Rage Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 23 (11 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 98/110
CMB: +12 CMD: 23
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08


Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 23 (11 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 114/114
CMB: +11 CMD: 22
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 24 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 92/92
CMB: +09 CMD: 21
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+8/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 7/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 4/4 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal)
[/sblock]
 

Satin Knights

Villager
Aradra, Shadow and Daylily rush forward to investigate the commotion. Relic and Frost, not able to see try to keep up but their comrades are pulling away quickly. Iosef on the other hand is just simply not cut out for this running. His lungs are burning enough from the effects of the island, and running in full plate is not making his life any easier.

Once the creature sees you, it does alter course towards you as it runs. From this distance of about two hundred feet, it appears to be a greyish humanoid. Following it with increasing speed is a flock of large airborne manta rays.

[sblock=Aradra]The humanoid appears to be a woman. She is as ugly as the mayor or old druid at the lighthouse, but appears to be humanoid. The creatures chasing her are Cloakers. They are known for grappling and wrapping up victims. Their wings are thin enough that half the damage to the creature may be taken by the person grappled.[/sblock][sblock=Daylily]The big sea bats are chasing the ugly woman.[/sblock][sblock=combat]64/78 ~ AC 14 ~ Daylily ~ Perception (1d20+12=31)
52/52 ~ AC 21 ~ Relic ~ mage armor 0.1 hrs, neutralize poison 8.1 hrs, +3 NA .6 hrs
87/87 ~ AC 21 ~ Aradra ~ +5 Perception/Sense Motive .6 hrs, readied bow, Perception (1d20+19=30) Kn Dungeoneering (1d20+13=22)
90/90 ~ AC 22 ~ Shadow ~ amulet active
89/90 ~ AC 23 ~ Iosef ~
80/92 ~ AC 25 ~ Frost ~

~ AC ?? ~ Grey humanoid (in orange)
~ AC ?? ~ MR1 (pink and black)
~ AC ?? ~ MR2
~ AC ?? ~ MR3
~ AC ?? ~ MR4

Distance right now is a -20 to perception for the humanoid and -25 for the flying things, so I will let you make knowledge checks after getting a bit closer unless you beat a 25 or 30 perception from here. Rolled them, BadaBoom. Got it!
[/sblock][sblock=map]
[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top