[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg

Ariel is wearing her enchanted platemail armor and it makes noise when she walks.

"I can be in front , if you want. But I am hardly stealthy and not a very observant scout. Is some one going to walk beside me to help tell me where you want to go?"

She is carrying her longspear in hand, leaving the ranged combat to others.[sblock=Mini Stats] Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: None

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic)[/sblock][sblock=Stone Tooth Area Map]Note: North it to the top, and you are down on the southwest corner

TheStoneToothMap_zps18b7a480.jpg
[/sblock]
GM: You are going to need Perception to spot the source of the smoke. Survival will help to find any tracks, if there are any to spot.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus finishes his...heh...meal...and get brushes his hands together to remove any crumbs before another drink of water finishes it off.

"Sounds good to me. Just keep your ears open in the middle so if I spot something after you've past it you can stop the march. I think we should move along the west side of the thing, moving toward the north. Those sides, being opposite where the smoke was last night, should be our best bets for gaining ground without being spotted. That would be my suggestion."

He gives Fae'shiel a look to make sure that she is okay and waits for a ready to get to his feet, unslinging his bow but carrying it without an arrow for now.

[sblock=Roll Set 1]As per PM's instruction. Providing an initial set of rolls Perception and Survival in that order.

Perception: 1d20+12=32
Survival: 1d20+6=14

[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Wait," suggests Iago. "Perhaps Mistress Ariel is correct. We can travel double file. Perhaps your eyes would be better in the lead, Marcus," the half-orc adds.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Okay, double file is fine. But I will be keeping my sword at the ready in case of attack." She says as she gets her gear together and prepares for the days journey. She then draws her blackblade and settles it in her primary hand, waiting for the others to get ready.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Ariel has finished packing up her gear and is ready to depart the campsite once the others have finished their preparations. She is waiting patiently, the butt of her longspear resting on the ground by her foot as she holds the point aloft.

"I suppose it really depends on where we are going and what we are doing, Iago. If we are traveling somewhere specific, single or double file would be good."

"But if we are planning to search while we move, then a line abreast side by side would be better to cover more area, yes?"

"I think we are about ready to go. Are we going to head back to the trail from here or strike out cross country immediately?"

[sblock=Mini Stats] Ariel Esimae

2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic)[/sblock][sblock=Stone Tooth Area Map]Note: North it to the top, and you are down on the southwest corner

[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus listens to the alchemist, but shakes his head.

"I think we should try the road, not far, but a little ways. If we can find a path used by the animals that are native here, it might provide us with a path to start looking at the ascent from. Might be a tad bit easier to walk them, though not much. It would be better than flailing about in the rocks and brush. If we don't find a suitable path in a reasonable time, then we can strike out and see what we can locate without one. As for walking side by side, two by two, It works for me."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel listens to what all three of her compatriots have to say, she then thinks for a few minutes deciding that all of their plans have merits, but at the same time they all carry serious risks to them. Especially 'her' Marcus' plan of returning to the road. So she expresses her concerns as follows: "I don't know if walking the road is a good idea. Afterall doing that would make it far more likely that the Orc's would find us wouldn't it? Afterall, they probably have members of their group patrolling the trail. If our goal is to find a way up the mountain that is not known to the Orcs, then perhaps it would be best for us to attempt to travel paths that are not known to everyone in the entire area, or to blaze our own path." Saying all of this with a concerned look on her face while looking from Marcus to Iago. She then turns to Ariel and says "What say you?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Ariel shrugs as the others decide against her suggestion. It will only mean they cover less ground when they search and double the time it will take to cover an area. The feisty war maiden is not in a great hurry, the orcs are not going to run away on her.

She replies to Fae'shiel and Marcus, "It matters not to me. Though, your logic makes some assumptions that we have no evidence to support either way. We have not seen any game trails or tracks from orc patrols."

"But, if we encounter orcs, then we fight them. I have nothing against heading straight into their lair and doing battle. Even if there are many, a fireball will thin their numbers in a hurry. Bringing Her Justice to these evil doers is why I am here, after all."

"Like I said before, it really does not matter to me which course of action you decide."

[sblock=Mini Stats] Ariel Esimae

2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Prayer, Dispel Magic)[/sblock][sblock=Stone Tooth Area Map]Note: North it to the top, and you are down on the southwest corner

[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus nods to the armored maiden and then turns with a shrug.

"Looks like I'm outvoted two to one with one abstain then. So, we blaze our own trail."

He is agreeable enough to the situation, giving a reassuring smile to his mentor.

Remove ads