log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF1E [LPF] The Haven

Aura

First Post
Jonas ends one of the skeletons with a mighty blow, sending broken pieces of bone raining over the side of the railing and onto the floor below. Although not as dramatic, a flurry of arrows, acid and elemental blows take down the others. The last, somehow, disappears into extra-dimensional space as the spell ends, and the main group of adventurers can hear Pirvinia and the wounded man pursuing the swarm of spiders as it skitters down the hallway and under the door to the right.

The door was closed, but that did not deter Jeremiah. Trying the door, he lowers his shoulder and, in a display of considerable strength, smashes through it in the first attempt. Pirvinia hears a gruesome pop as he does, and is left to wonder what sort of injury he sustained in doing so. He winces, but continues inside.

The room seems to be a small office, filled with shelves of various books and documents--quite possibly a treasure trove of historical information (and the exact sort of thing your employer would be interested in.) There are two beds set up here, and both of them are occupied. One of the residents Pirvinia is already familiar with, it is the reforming body of the vampire just bested in combat. Another is a female, apparently asleep. Her monstrous features leads Pirivinia to think she is of the same kind. Curiously, she does not move as either Jeremiah nor Pirvinia enter.

Jeremiah Katarsis Small.jpg
A quiet gasp from Jeremiah is followed by only one word, "Evelyn." Pirvinia can hear it clearly, although Jonas, Thuvian and Samad, now running up after finishing up the last of the skeleton guards, don't quite catch it. Pulling a vial of clear, apparently unpolluted water from the ragged folds of his clothes, he steps towards the female vampire's bed, his falchion scraping on the floor.

[sblock=Combat Over]We're still watching the clock, but it's not exactly combat any more. Jeremiah is closing in on the female vampire.[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female


Pirvinia spoke in a low voice to Jeremiah, “Is that holy water you have there?” She took out a pair of the vials and held them out for her familiar to take, leaving one left for herself.

Far'ziel took the vials in each hand then flew higher up, near the ceiling and awaited her msitress's command on whether to use them or not.

[sblock=Actions]Took out Holy Water and gave them to Far'ziel.
Far’ziel Breath Recharge in 1r
Updated Map
Roll[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 22 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision, Haste

Weapon in Hand: Alchemist's Fire Flask
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 5/8, 3rd Level 6/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 31 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]
 

sunshadow21

First Post
Thuvian enters quietly, and upon seeing the actions of the others, hangs back away from the beds, ready for trouble as he does an an quick initial inspection of the books and papers easily accessible.
 

Aura

First Post
Samad seems to be stopping a moment to tend to his fallen friend. Casting a magical spell, he stabilizes Tsaaruk, but the man does not regain consciousness. Moving him out of the way, Samad hurries to catch up with the rest of the group.

Jeremiah Katarsis Small.jpg
In the chamber with the two slumbering vampires, Jeremiah eyes up the vial of water he had presented. "Yes," he intones, "It is holy. Or it was... a long time ago. I have... kept it sealed almost, religiously..." His words trail off and he cracks something of a smirk after that last comment. He then adds, "So... what to do?"

[sblock=Samad]Samad's player has informed me of a two-ish week absence so I'll be posting for him to keep things moving along.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]



Jonas makes his way into the room with the others and takes a look at the creatures, after making sure there are no other immediate threats. The big half-orc scratches his unkempt hair, causing it to stand even further on end, and grunts. "Hmph. The Root taught me but little regarding these creatures, though he despises those who refuse to make the transition from life to death. Let me see..."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls/OOC]Knowledge (Dungeoneering/Nature/Planes/Religion) Check = 20. Pretty sure Religion covers this one, but if it's anything besides the four listed we'll need to subract 4 from the roll (making it a 16).[/sblock]
_______________
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Jonas Psalter

Initiative: +04
AC: 21 (14 Touch, 19 Flat-Footed)
HP: 43/76
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +15
CMB: +09 CMD: 23 (+11/25 vs. Trip)
Fort: +09 Reflex: +04 Will: +07

Special Abilities
Judgement: 01/02 Uses Remaining
Bane: 09/09 Rounds Remaining
Discern Lies: 06/06 Rounds Remaining

Prayers
Orisons: At-Will
-------Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt
----------Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
Level 01: 05/05 Remaining
-------Command, Divine Favor, Ear Piercing
----------Scream, Wrath
Level 02: 04/04 Remaining
-------Blistering Invective, Restoration (Lesser),
----------See Invisibility, Stricken Heart
[/sblock]
 

Aura

First Post
[sblock=Mowgli]Ayup. To kill these things once you've defeated the body, anoint its head with holy water and then drive a stake through its heart.[/sblock]
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]



"...Ah, yes! I recall now. Once the body is defeated - as seems the case a this point - the heads of the creatures must be anointed with holy water, and a wooden stake driven through the heart." Jonas looks quite pleased with himself, and begins glancing around the room for evidence of the necessary stakes.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls/OOC]--[/sblock]
_______________
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Jonas Psalter

Initiative: +04
AC: 21 (14 Touch, 19 Flat-Footed)
HP: 43/76
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +15
CMB: +09 CMD: 23 (+11/25 vs. Trip)
Fort: +09 Reflex: +04 Will: +07

Special Abilities
Judgement: 01/02 Uses Remaining
Bane: 09/09 Rounds Remaining
Discern Lies: 06/06 Rounds Remaining

Prayers
Orisons: At-Will
-------Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt
----------Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
Level 01: 05/05 Remaining
-------Command, Divine Favor, Ear Piercing
----------Scream, Wrath
Level 02: 04/04 Remaining
-------Blistering Invective, Restoration (Lesser),
----------See Invisibility, Stricken Heart
[/sblock]
 

Aura

First Post
After the idea of stakes are mentioned, the group surveys the room. There is a wooden chair that, given the right 'encouragement', would produce the sort of stake Jonas is after. With a little breaking and then cutting work, within mere minutes Jonas has, in his big meaty hand, a functioning, nosferatu-slaying, wooden stake.

About this time, Samad peers in from outside the room. "I've got Tsaaruk taken care of," he mentions simply. A quick glance shows Tsaaruk is up and about, albeit physically supported by Samad. The mighty barbarian's eyes are dull and tired--it seems he will be a while in recovery until he is up to par. However, to allay unspoken concerns about him, he gives Pirvinia, Jonas and Thuvian a thumbs up.

Jeremiah Katarsis Small.jpg
Panning back to the room, Jeremiah has popped open the seal on his vial and is busy lacing the brow of each of the dormant nosferatu with the clear, pristine liquid found within. As the liquid hits the skin of Sampson and Evelyn, it sizzles a bit. Although Jeremiah is overtly careful in pouring the water and spreading it with a handkerchief, a little gets on his hand as well, and he grunts softly from the pain. However, he finishes his work with dogmatic determination and looks up, "They... are ready."
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female


Pirvinia had Far'ziel hang on to the holy water vials for the moment, telling her to wait in their secret language.

With Jonas getting the makeshift stake, she got ready to support woth magical spells should the efforts to slay the vampires go awry.

“I am ready, should something bad happen. Go ahead, Jonas and stake them.”

[sblock=Actions]Nothing special[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 22 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision, Haste

Weapon in Hand: Alchemist's Fire Flask
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 5/8, 3rd Level 6/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 31 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]
 


Aura

First Post
The Staking

The group sets to the gruesome task at hand. The staking of Sampson goes without incident, with Jonas actually striking the fatal blow and Jeremiah holding him down just in case. However, Evelyn proves to be a bit more harrowing. After Jonas lines up the fatal shot, her eyes flicker open and clawed hands grab onto both Jonas and Jeremiah, trying to rip herself free. However, despite the normal inhuman strength of a vampire, he is unable to wrest herself from impending doom, and Jonas pounds the makeshift stake into her with one fell blow. Jeremiah holds on for all he's worth as she screams, thrashes and generally bleeds all over, but it is as brief as it was sudden. As both Thuvian and Pirvinia begin to respond, she gasps her last and begins to shrivel up, obviously destroyed. No spells are required to send her on her way.

Once Evelyn has stopped thrashing, in a strangely tender moment, Jeremiah leans down and kisses her briefly on the forehead. Those that are close (Jonas, Pirvinia) can her him get out the words, "I'm sorry." Immediately after, his body immediately begins disintegrating, corporeal flesh falling off some sort of strange, blue, luminescent body underneath. He looks at what is happening, and speaks, quite clearly, "My mind clears... I don't feel the rage, hate... obsession." He pauses a moment, and you realize, as what is left of his physical body filters down to the floor as little more than dust and his falchion clatters quite loudly, he is already beginning to fade. A look of urgency crosses his translucent facial features, and he speaks quickly, "Evelyn's book on induced vampirism--find it, destroy it, and her journal. Don't let..."

If Jeremiah had much more to say, it's hard to say, it happened so fast. However, he faded from existence before he could even finish his words. However, it is immediately obvious that you are standing in the middle of a treasure trove of goods and historical documents. A little searching reveals quite a bit of gold coin, a number of obviously valuable weapons and armor on the bodies of the undead (or laying on the floor, in the case of Jeremiah's falchion), quite a few books of obvious historical worth that justify your employer's reason for sending you here and, with a bit of effort to find, a small satchel containing a book entitled 'Nosferatu: How it Starts, How it Propagates Through Populations' and what is obviously a personal journal.

A very quick perusal of the book on vampirism reveals heavy reading, taking notes in the margins, and rereading of the sections on how vampires originally come into being. Then, in the journal, which is attributed to Evelyn, she documents her experiments on recreating the curse upon herself, each attempt, and each failure. Then, in plain language, she has success and it is spelled out exactly how to do it. With this formula, and some expense, vampires can be easily manufactured. Any sane appraisal ranks these two books as more valuable than the rest of the treasure combined, and far more dangerous. (As an aside, you pick up from the journal that Evelyn was Jeremiah's wife, and she was using his affluent position within the Haven to conduct her research.)

[sblock=Notes]I didn't want to steal Jonas' moment, but felt we need to move on. So, that's pretty much it. It's just a matter of what you want to do. I have my suspicions but don't want to put words in your character's mouths.

Your calculated rewards remain the same whether your keep the books on vamprism, turn them over to Darvin Hurella, or destroy them. Or, some option I haven't thought of, but those are the primary three that come to mind. So you're free to do whatever you think appropriate.

Any weapons you keep will be distinctive, and you can brag about them being of ancient construction and actually be honest about it. And Samad's bow, obviously, is an artifact that he can scale to suit his needs. Depending on how the group handles the texts and artifacts of Karran, we might have some changes on that, or perhaps not. It's not immediately obvious if Karran exists any more.

Evelyn was originally supposed to be the big boss of the dungeon, but we're tidying things up quickly. Sorry about that. So just hash out what you're doing, and I'll write the epilogue.[/sblock]
[sblock=Loot]Jeremiah's Stuff: Falchion +2 (8375gp)
Sampson's Stuff: Ring of Protection +2 (8000gp)
Evelyn's Stuff: Scimitar +2 (8315gp), Ring of Protection +1 (2000gp), Cloak of Resistance +1 (1000gp), Heavy Shield +2 (4170gp)
Skeletons' Stuff: 4 masterwork longswords
and from before:
Dead corpse's stuff: Mithral Chain Shirt +2 (5100gp)
Entry room: Several other ancient weapons[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female


Pirvinia looked at the two items and said, “I presume that is what our employer would like to come down here to retrieve. Darvin had not been specific, but I can understand now why he could not risk coming down here to explore by himself. We should destroy both things, and let him search through the rest to his heart's content. The world does not need more vampires.”

[sblock=Actions]Nothing special[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 22 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision, Haste

Weapon in Hand: Alchemist's Fire Flask
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 5/8, 3rd Level 6/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 31 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]



Jonas watches impassively as the undead disintegrate into their component parts and disappear. He is scarcely breathing hard from the effort of the stakings, though the hard work on Evelyn was done by those holding her down. He listens attentively as Jeremiah speaks his last, and whispers a benediction as the ancient man fades to his crossing.

The huge half-orc nods decisively as Privinia speaks her thoughts. "I quite agree, Privinia... The man has something of a slimy feel to him, and I mistrust to what use he would choose to put these two texts. I vote we destroy them, and let him rummage through the rest."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls/OOC]Yikes! Sorry about that - I read Privinia's encouragement to stake them and totally meant to respond later that day, but then promptly forgot about it as I sank into my work.[/sblock]
_______________
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Jonas Psalter

Initiative: +04
AC: 21 (14 Touch, 19 Flat-Footed)
HP: 43/76
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +15
CMB: +09 CMD: 23 (+11/25 vs. Trip)
Fort: +09 Reflex: +04 Will: +07

Special Abilities
Judgement: 01/02 Uses Remaining
Bane: 09/09 Rounds Remaining
Discern Lies: 06/06 Rounds Remaining

Prayers
Orisons: At-Will
-------Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt
----------Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
Level 01: 05/05 Remaining
-------Command, Divine Favor, Ear Piercing
----------Scream, Wrath
Level 02: 04/04 Remaining
-------Blistering Invective, Restoration (Lesser),
----------See Invisibility, Stricken Heart
[/sblock]
 

sunshadow21

First Post
Thuvian nods quietly as he ponders the scene before him. "I agree with the destruction of those notes. As much as there is probably some useful information in those books, there are some things that best left in the shadows of human knowledge where the human heart cannot see them. As for the rest, the religious books will need to be copied and made accessible to the clergy, but otherwise our employer is probably as qualified as anyone to study them."

[sblock=Thuvian Darklight]
AC: 15 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 12) +4 AC from Mage Armor
HP: 37/37 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place: Mage Armor, Protection From Evil

Thad
Current Conditions: Mage Armor

Magic:
CL 7; +11 Concentration (+15 Casting Defensively); SR +7
Extended Illusion (3 rounds beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - used
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast by Thuvian

Darkness 1/1; CL 7

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st - Mage Armor (x), Protection from Evil (2)(xx), Vanish (2), Ventriloquism
2nd - Create Pit, Mirror Image, Spider Climb (2)
3rd - Fly, Major Image (2), Summon Monster III (x)
4th - Shadow Conjuration (2)(x), Stone Shape[/sblock]
 

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad set Tsaaruck down into one of the chairs, before whispering a prayer for Jeremiah, "Peace be upon you, friend."

He spoke up, "Not that I don't agree that evil should be quashed wherever it lay its seed, but, what if the text there could also outline a means to counteract or cure the curse? If it can be made, can it not also be made broken?"

[sblock=ooc]I'm back, thanks for covering for me![/sblock]
 

Aura

First Post
Amid the developing conversation, you can hear the voice of Darvin Hurella calling for you. From the echo, you would not be surprised he is all the way back at the entrance, yelling into The Haven. Sound certainly does carry in this place.

Tsaaruck seems too tired to engage in the issue of the books. Any eyes falling on him are met with a simple nod, indicating assent to whatever the rest of the group feels is appropriate.

[sblock=Consensus?]Unless Samad's words change any minds, you all destroy the book and the journal, copy the holy books of Karran, then cut your employer loose on the rest?[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female


Pirvinia gave Samad’s words some serious consideration. “That is an interesting idea, Samad. Sure, I would not want the power of the knowledge to be in anyone’s hands that would abuse it. But throwing away knowledge that could help people has merit too.”

“Mayhap the church of Helerion would pay handsomely for it.”


[sblock=Actions]Nothing special[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 22 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision, Haste

Weapon in Hand: Alchemist's Fire Flask
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 5/8, 3rd Level 6/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 31 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]
 

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad scratched his chin, "I'm not sure I've heard of this congregation. It wouldn't be perfect, for I know how the wills of even the most mighty lords can be subverted, but perhaps a noble church would remain the best option. I do agree that our employer or a devotee of knowledge might be too tempted to misuse it, even with the best intentions."
 

sunshadow21

First Post
Thuvian shrugs before continuing to glance through the papers in the room. "It's tempting fate, but I suppose that hope is the one trait of humanity that cannot be snuffed out, even in this ancient place. If you wish to give these books to the church, I will not get in the way. Maybe they will even cough some useful coin. You should respond to our employer sooner rather than later, though. He may try to do something stupid if you don't."

[sblock=Thuvian Darklight]
AC: 15 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 12) +4 AC from Mage Armor
HP: 37/37 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place: Mage Armor, Protection From Evil

Thad
Current Conditions: Mage Armor

Magic:
CL 7; +11 Concentration (+15 Casting Defensively); SR +7
Extended Illusion (3 rounds beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - used
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast by Thuvian

Darkness 1/1; CL 7

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st - Mage Armor (x), Protection from Evil (2)(xx), Vanish (2), Ventriloquism
2nd - Create Pit, Mirror Image, Spider Climb (2)
3rd - Fly, Major Image (2), Summon Monster III (x)
4th - Shadow Conjuration (2)(x), Stone Shape[/sblock]
 

Aura

First Post
With that, you take possession of the book on vampirism and the journal of the head vampire. Eventually, your employer, Darvin Hurella, is escorted into The Haven, and although interested in the wealth of information available, he is clearly looking for something as well. His guard, Jericho, seems to not care one way or another, only showing interest in the man's safety. However, an off chuckle at Darvin's disappointment shows some level of involvement, for better or worse.

The acolytes at the Church of Helerion initially tell you none of the church elders are available for discussion. However, upon hearing your story and seeing you possess tangible evidence backing it up, they immediately make sure you get to talk to several of the elders without any delay. Funny how that works. In short order, the Church lines your pockets with gold and takes possession of your findings.

The holy tomes of Karran add to the body of knowledge about a deity that previously had only been mentioned in passing in other sources. Thanks to your effort, Karran advances from one of the least known ancient gods to one of the best understood. Perhaps new worshipers might even be found, much remains to be seen. For now, Samad carries the only known magical artifact of this ancient one, bringing a bit of divine power to reality with each arrow released from the weapon.

The End

[sblock=Experience and World Effects]I'll do the math here soon. I'll offer Karran as a proposal for inclusion as a potentially real deity. Not sure how to approach that yet.[/sblock]
 

Most Liked Threads

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top