log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF1E [LPF] The Haven

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Oh, yeah. I remember now about the door. Sorry, forgot. So I guess Far'ziel is waiting for someone to open the door so she can continue scouting ahead. [/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Aura

First Post
A Stout Door

Not to be one afraid, Tsaaruk was the first to test the ancient steel grating that constituted the floor of the elevated level in the atrium. It creaked as his full weight was applied, and after a ginger step or two, began to fearlessly walk across to the southwest exit. The arched doorway immediately led into a smallish room filled with broken furniture and a single exit--a particularly stout wooden door on the south wall. Over the door, in Old Landellian, Thuvian reads the words 'Administration - Lord's Offices'. There is a single door-knob and keyhole, and it looks quite ordinary, albeit finely constructed. With the rest of the group slowly trailing in, the big half orc considers the door.

Jeremiah Katarsis Small.jpg
. . . Jeremiah Katarsis . . .

From behind, the wounded man breaks the silence with a whispered exclamation, "Wait..." After another fit of coughing, perhaps worse than before, he clarifies, "I have the key... somewhere" Searching through his pockets, Jeremiah Katarsis eventually locates a key on a leather cord and holds it out, dangling it temptingly before the group.
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female


Pirvinia gestured towards the large half-orc and said, "You can give him the key to open it... would there be any traps in this place? I am not skilled in finding them, but one of the others are likely capable."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision

Weapon in Hand: Pen & Paper
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 6/8, 3rd Level 7/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]
 

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"Surely they would not trap each door and corridor, at least, surely not those that first built and used this place." Samad thought a moment, and looked Jeremiah over again, "It pains me to see anyone in such distress. What exactly happened to you to make your body fall apart so?"
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 21
Fort: +5^ Reflex: +12^ Will: +9^
Perception: +18^, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow (+13^/+8^, 1d8+3, 18-20/x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Heroism^
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/5
Spells Remaining (3rd): 3/3

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-[/sblock]
 

Aura

First Post
Jeremiah Katarsis Small.jpg
. . . Jeremiah Katarsis . . .

The wounded man agrees with Samad's assessment. "I know of no traps..." he begins, holding his side with one hand after the recent coughing fit. "Simpler... they just killed those who tried to enter. Be on guard." With that, he offers the key again, letting it fall into Jonas' meaty hand.

"As for me, I had an... encounter... with their leader," Jeremiah continues, addressing Samad's question. "I'm not sure how long ago. Sometimes, the pain is crippling, although today I am rather well."

[sblock=Big Half Orc]I wasn't sure which one, so I guessed. Hoping to see Mowgli soon, but I've kinda given up on BigB, although he might surprise me with a return.[/sblock]
 

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"... I... suppose that is good to hear. Perhaps we might get you help once we finish our task here," Samad nodded at the crusader, "Let us steel ourselves, and continue. Lord above only knows what else could be lying in wait."
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female



Pirvinia said, "Well, we can still have my friend Far'ziel scout ahead while invisible. I suggest Tsaaruk open the door with the key first and lead the way right behind by about 30 to 40 feet."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision

Weapon in Hand: Nuthin
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 6/8, 3rd Level 7/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]
 

Aura

First Post
Tsaaruk nods and reaches down to unlock the door. Without incident, the door creaks open and the burly fighter peers into the space beyond as he does. Just as the door is getting to be opened wide enough for Far'ziel to pass through, the man stops and stares a moment. Then, pushing the door back closed, he turns to the group, "I think we have gone the wrong way. It is nothing more than a big closet beyond," he calmly explains, seemingly dejected by this turn of events.

Almost immediately, Jeremiah Katarsis exclaims, almost breathless, "No! This... is not right, do not believe him!" With a look of anger, he moves closer, but stops again as Tsaaruk hefts his weapon menacingly.

As tempers flare, Jonas perks up and looks back across the catwalks, eyes scanning the atrium. "I think I heard something on the grating, but I see nothing," he intones, hand clutching his falchion as he casts worried glances back towards Tsaaruk's confrontation with Jeremiah as well.

[sblock=Moving on then]My hopes that people would join back in turned out to be unfounded. I am going to move forward in such a way as to keep their characters present through this last segment of the game without making them the stars of the story. Sorry for the delay.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad stepped forward, hands forward, too.

"Woah, Tsaaruck, there's no need for that. This man has not led us astray yet, and we are all friends here," Except that this statement rang hollow in his own ears. He realized that, an orc of few words as he was, Samad did not know his fellow warrior half as well as he would've liked. Still, they were brothers-in-arms as far as the elf was concerned, "Mayhaps this is a misunderstanding, and the way still lies yet beyond."

He took a step towards the door.
[sblock=OOC]Perception: 1D20+18 = [19]+18 = 37
It occurred to me after I posted this that I should also roll sense motive
Sense Motive: 1D20+9 = [11]+9 = 20

[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
bd6e23d1-e2ff-4405-8f2e-8a5c7f24e017_zpst9yblpvs.png
Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 21
Fort: +5^ Reflex: +12^ Will: +9^
Perception: +18^, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow (+13^/+8^, 1d8+5^^, 18-20/x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Heroism^, Good Hope^^
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/5
Spells Remaining (3rd): 2/3

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female



Pirvinia stepped forward as well, "Yes, open the door back up once more. My familiar when through and you just shut it again. Whatever is going on, I want to see."

She cast a cantrip to bring up her mage sight that would reveal magical auras to her vision.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision

Weapon in Hand: Nuthin
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 6/8, 3rd Level 7/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]
 

Aura

First Post
Tsaaruk continues to stand in the way of the door, waving his warhammer at the wounded man as he speaks, "There is no mistake, friends. It is clear to me, this monster here must be ended." With that, he cocks back his weapon with obvious intent to strike.

Jeremiah Katarsis Small.jpg
The barbarian's actions immediately provoke a response from Jeremiah. Drawing his falchion from across his back, he steps back. "No! Mind power, I just know it!" However, his white-knuckled grip on his weapon suggests he is preparing for battle just the same.

With more desperation in his voice, Jonas steps into the doorway to the atrium, brandishing his own falchion. "Thuvian, with me! We have no time, I hear them!" With that, the sound of something on the grating has grown loud enough nobody doubts Jonas' assessment of the situation.

[sblock=Sense Motive and Detect Magic]
Sense Motive: Tsaaruk is not in control of his own mind.
Detect Magic: Round 1, magic is detected. May be refined in subsequent rounds.
[/sblock]
 


sunshadow21

First Post
Image: http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/a...psllhr2jxm.jpg

Thuvian looks at Jonas with a look that makes it clear that he isn't going anywhere until he knows exactly what is going on, but he does start casting a spell that he hopes will trick the enemy long enough to buy the group time.

[sblock=actions]Casting Shadow Conjuration to summon what appears to be 3 small air elementals out in the direction the noise is coming from.[/sblock]

[sblock=Thuvian Darklight]
AC: 15 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 12) +4 AC from Mage Armor
HP: 37/37 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place: Mage Armor, Protection From Evil

Thad
Current Conditions: Mage Armor

Magic:
CL 7; +11 Concentration (+15 Casting Defensively); SR +7
Extended Illusion (3 rounds beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - used
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast by Thuvian

Darkness 1/1; CL 7

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st - Mage Armor (x), Protection from Evil (2)(x), Vanish (2), Ventriloquism
2nd - Create Pit, Mirror Image, Spider Climb (2)
3rd - Fly, Major Image (2), Summon Monster III (x)
4th - Shadow Conjuration (2)(x), Stone Shape[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female


Pirvin had to agree that such drastic changes in attitude had to be caused by something magical or mind controlling in nature. “Yes, there is something going on here.”

She kept concentrating on her spell to examine magical auras.

Spellcraft (16)

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision

Weapon in Hand: Nuthin
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 6/8, 3rd Level 7/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]
 

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Ignoring the rising din, Samad stepped forward again, nestling Karran's relic in the sheathe on his back. Hands free, the elf took a resolute stance between the hulking warrior and his quarry. He shook his head, "Tsaaruck, this man is ill, cursed, but he has done naught but been a boon to us. I cannot in my heart of hearts believe that he is an evil to be ended rightly. Just so, I cannot bring myself to believe that you would put your honor on the line to turn upon an ally. Perhaps you have indeed fallen before a wicked enchantment, so as a friend, I ask, nay, implore you to cast these devils from your head, and let your axe rest. For if you turn your blade against he..."

Samad squared his shoulders, and let his hand rest upon his pommel.

"...then I am afraid that you turn your blade against we."

[sblock=OOC]Samad stores his bow as a move action and casts Good Hope on the whole party within range, including Tsaaruck. Hoping that I can force another Will throw for Tsaaruck by standing in the way, while also giving him a +2 on the roll at the same time.[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
bd6e23d1-e2ff-4405-8f2e-8a5c7f24e017_zpst9yblpvs.png
Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 21
Fort: +5^ Reflex: +12^ Will: +9^
Perception: +18^, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow (+13^/+8^, 1d8+5^^, 18-20/x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Heroism^, Good Hope^^(8 min)
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/5
Spells Remaining (3rd): 2/3

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Aura

First Post
Samad's words seem to connect with Tsaaruk, and the barbarian lowers his weapon, almost seemingly confused as to why he had raised it in the first place. With an uncharacteristically sheepish voice, he says, "Yes, Samad... we are friends and should not fight. I... am sorry." He takes a breath, as if to continue with some other thought, but it is abruptly cut short as long, clawed fingers wrap over his mouth and violently jerk him backwards towards the now partially open door. Just as he starts to struggle, another clawed hand plunges into his side and rips through his flesh, before dropping the stricken orc to the floor.

SampsonDwiellen.jpg
. . . Sampson . . .

A man... obviously some sort of undead monstrosity, steps forward, pushing the door fully open as he does. It's immediately obvious there is more than a mere closet behind him. Licking some of Tsaaruk's blood off his claws, he speaks, "Scoop up your friend and run, and I'll call off my minions." Furrowing his eyes, he locks his sight on Samad, who is closest. "Never return."

As much in shock as any of the adventurers, Jeremiah looks at the threatening vampire. "Sampson... you need not..."

"Run now," the one apparently called Sampson re-iterates, brashly interrupting Jeremiah's words and not even giving them a moment's consideration. "I'll take care of this mongrel."

Meanwhile, Jonas swings his falchion in the air before him as he defends against some sort of unseen enemy on the grating from which you entered. "I hear them!" he shouts, as the scraping sound on metal becomes even more apparent.

[sblock=Notes]Tsaaruk is considered critically wounded and is out of any potential fight. If magically healed, he will only stabilize. He'll be available to his player, at a future date, if need be.
I'm not seriously considering you'll run away, but if you do, we'll figure out what happens. Otherwise, you can talk, yell, posture, and/or attack.
In the event you attack, please describe your action as 'starts to' and we'll see if the initiative goes your way. And I'll do the usual--map, list of combatants, etc.
PS: Breaking the domination kept Tsaaruk from being used as a weapon against you, so well done on that.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"Tsaaruck...!" Samad stepped forward in reaction, before realizing the position they were in. Stepping back, he again positioned himself between Jeremiah and this new predator. He looked the beast over once or twice before replying.

"So, Sampson is your name. Or was your name? I suppose it does not matter to you, but even if I could trust your word that you would not strike me as I retrieved my friend, my answer must still be the same," Samad reached for his bow, "You are indeed a vampire, correct?"
[sblock=OOC]Samad draws the relic, again. :p
Knowledge (Religion): 1D20+9 = [18]+9 = 27http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=144382http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=144382
That should be enough to recognize silver as a vampire's weakness, right? Samad has a quiver full of the stuff, but he bought it for lycanthropes, specifically, not necessarily for vamps.[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
View attachment 78420
Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 21
Fort: +5^ Reflex: +12^ Will: +9^
Perception: +18^, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Karran's Lance (Thorn?) (+14^/+9^, 1d8+6^^+1d6[Fire], 18-20/x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Heroism^, Good Hope^^(8 min)
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/5
Spells Remaining (3rd): 2/3

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female


Pirvin looked on in horror as things went from calm to sudden death for their companion before they could even prevent it. She gave up concentrating on her minor cantrip and spoke in that special language that only she and Far'ziel understood. **“Stay out of its reach, my friend. Then blast it from above once we have it distracted.”**

She backed away and prepared her own arcane assault on the killer by pulling out a flask of alchemist's fire to use as a focus for her spell.

[sblock=Actions]Tell Far'ziel to delay and fly out of reach. What sort of ceiling height do we have?

Pirvin moves away, drawing Alchemist's Fire Flask, then casts Scorching Ray: Ranged Touch 1 (13,16), Ranged Touch 2 (23,10)[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision

Weapon in Hand: Alchemist's Fire Flask
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 5/8, 3rd Level 7/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]
 

sunshadow21

First Post
Thuvian quickly casts Protection from Evil for Thad to deliver to Samad who feels the snake brush against him as the magic sets in, and hopes that shadow elementals are enough to hold off the minions for a round or two.
 

Aura

First Post
[sblock=Samad]Samad identifies the creature is a Nosferatu, a vampire variant. The classic sources list quite a laundry list of oddities:
(1) They are generally resistant to damage save for wooden and piercing weapons
(2) They cannot tolerate the smell of garlic
(3) They cannot come into a home unless invited
(4) They will die in direct sunlight
(5) Otherwise, it must be killed by driving a stake through its heart and anointing its head with holy water[/sblock]
[sblock=Update tomorrow]I'll compose a map and all that. :)[/sblock]
 

Most Liked Threads

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top